1.    #1  
    Can anyone recommend a decent SSH client for PalmOS 5? I need support for protocol version 2 (SSH2), so Top Gun SSH is a non-starter. Support for public-key authentication would be a definite plus, but is not strictly necessary.

Mocha Telnet seems to be fairly useable, but it's terminal emulation is a bit quirky. Are there any other clients available? If it matters, this is for a Treo 600.
    --
    "I'm too sexy for my code." - Awk Sed Fred
    try TuSSH... works fine on my T600 but says it's made for Tungstens.
    (not sure if it does ssh2 but it's worth a shot)
    Try Mocha Telnet http://www.mochasoft.dk/. SSH2 support, good terminal emulation, function keys and more.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by selicade
    try TuSSH... works fine on my T600 but says it's made for Tungstens.
    (not sure if it does ssh2 but it's worth a shot)
    Unfortunately, it looks like TuSSH only supports ssh1. Thanx for the suggestion, tho.
    --
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by wmf
    Try Mocha Telnet http://www.mochasoft.dk/. SSH2 support, good terminal emulation, function keys and more.
    As far as I can see, Mocha Telnet seems to be the only ssh2-capable client. It does pretty well overall, but has an annoying habit of scrolling to the far right whenever a "long" line is output.
    --
    Mocha Telnet failed to run on my T600 - error message said that 320x320 screen required...
    Jeremy Howard
    www.fastmail.fm
    Now that's odd... I have mocha telnet running on my T600, and it works pretty well (it's 3.0)

Marc
    yeah.. mocha works fine on 270's so there must be a version that is happy on a 160x160 screen. It does seem 'quirky' with the sideways scrolling screen though.
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by Jeremy Howard
    Mocha Telnet failed to run on my T600 - error message said that 320x320 screen required...
    The newest release (4.0) only supports 320x320, but 3.0 should work OK.
    --
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    My biggest complaint is that on an application so centered around security there is no option to hide your password as you type it in. This is really the only downside I see to the product.

Keith
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by haphazard
    Unfortunately, it looks like TuSSH only supports ssh1. Thanx for the suggestion, tho.
    Actually, ssh2 support is in the works according to the FAQ. In addition, the changelog indicates that 5-way NAV support for the Treo600 was included in the latest release (0.59).

This app looks like it has serious potential.
    --
    Agreed - it's a really nice app. I'm using it for SSH at the moment. Makes me really wish the T600 had a high-res screen - the small fonts are a challenge to read...
    Jeremy Howard
    www.fastmail.fm