Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    half built app ready for people to test if interested

allows you to map any app to any key (only A-J at the moment)
    (hold key to launch)

doesn't stop the normal key press (so if you use in an app that allows typing, you will type one key - then switch to new app)

needs work, but interested in early comments.

can't do more letters until I earn some cash from treobutler to pay for a $400 copy of codewarrior!

built around treo butler ( which allows you to use vol buttons as switch hack or to scroll and lets you turn off the LED) - but I've had to split it into a seperate app - (same registration code will work)

enjoy
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Sounds cool! I'll report back once I have some time to play with it!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    The map key part works well!
    But how do you use the other parts?
    If I go to menu, and pick vol keys etc, I get a white screen?
    Good start!
    Jim@treo1.com
    <a href="http://treo1.com">
    treo1.com
    One Stop, plain and simple
    <a href="http://treo1.com/index650.htm"> Visit our new Treo650 optimized site!!</a>
    <a href="http://palmoscentral.com"> Visit our new website palmOSCentral.com!</a>
    Originally posted by treo1
    The map key part works well!
    But how do you use the other parts?
    If I go to menu, and pick vol keys etc, I get a white screen?
    Good start!
    I don't believe that part's enabled yet...use volume rocker instead!

Anyway, I agree with treo1, this is a nice app! However, i'ld like to have an option to configure the button delay app launch similar to other apps like clockpop etc. This would help b/c I notices a couple times I've had comflicts with other tools like KeyCaps600 where extended presses on keys meant for capitilazation ended up launching the app (Ok...I purposefully tried that experiment out! ). But otherwise a very nice tool!

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    the other parts (LED, volume button functionality) are available in treo butler 1

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...7&prodID=52726

the volume keys can be used for scrolling (like volume rocker) and also as a switch hack to switch to the last app you had open.

I agree that there should be configurable delay - there will be in time...

i've uploaded a slightly differen version that you can run at the same time as treo butler 1 so you can have it all!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    How is this better/different from CoLauncher, which works perfectly on the Treo 600?
  7.    #7  
    it only works for half the keys for a start!

when it's finished and integrated with treo butler, it'll hopefully be a nice package (and significantly cheaper!)
    Originally posted by confusedvorlon
    half built app ready for people to test if interested

allows you to map any app to any key (only A-J at the moment)
    (hold key to launch)

doesn't stop the normal key press (so if you use in an app that allows typing, you will type one key - then switch to new app)

needs work, but interested in early comments.

can't do more letters until I earn some cash from treobutler to pay for a $400 copy of codewarrior!

built around treo butler ( which allows you to use vol buttons as switch hack or to scroll and lets you turn off the LED) - but I've had to split it into a seperate app - (same registration code will work)

enjoy
    Why did I get file type not supported when I tried downloading on my 600 from link provided? It's a prc file and it should work no?
    it only works for half the keys for a start!

when it's finished and integrated with treo butler, it'll hopefully be a nice package (and significantly cheaper!)
    confusedvorlon :

How about if you get the the non-letter keys ("-" , "." etc.) to be mappable?
    confusedvorlon,

I just tried using Treobutler to launch Sandman during calls. However, whenever I try to map the key to the app, it just causes a soft reset!? Any idea what's going on here? I'ld love to use your app instead of some hack+tealmaster combo to launch Sandman. TIA...

I've used CoLauncher to map nearly all of my keys to run various apps. It's worked flawlessly.
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    confusedvorlon,

I just tried using Treobutler to launch Sandman during calls. However, whenever I try to map the key to the app, it just causes a soft reset!? Any idea what's going on here? I'ld love to use your app instead of some hack+tealmaster combo to launch Sandman. TIA...
    I have this same issue - soft reset when I enable TreoButler2 and try to map an app.
    yep.
  13.    #13  
    thanks for testing this guys.

Can you give me more details on your crashes?

1) do you have treobutler1 installed
    (if so, could you try deleting it and testing treobutler2 - I'm thinking there might be a clash between their preferences)

2) when does the crash happen - is it to do with sandman specifically - or just when you enable the app?

Thanks
    Mine happened when I clicked enable and then tried to map A to Acid Solitare (just testing the functionality). It then reset.

I do have TreoButler1 isntalled, but have nothing enabled from it as I only keep it around to kill the LED if needed. I will delete and test again this morning.
    yep.
    thanks for testing this guys.

Can you give me more details on your crashes?

1) do you have treobutler1 installed
    (if so, could you try deleting it and testing treobutler2 - I'm thinking there might be a clash between their preferences)

2) when does the crash happen - is it to do with sandman specifically - or just when you enable the app?

Thanks
    1) I am already using Treobulter 2...

2) Actually so far it's only happenned with Sandman AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $Mapping$ $keys$ $to$ $other$ $apps$ $worked$ $fine$ $so$ $far$...

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Am I missing something?

How do you make use of this app. I mapped several keys. But now I can't type text effectively. Everytime I hit one of these mapped keys it switches to the assigned app.
    What am I missing? Is there a way to turn off these feature when I want to enter text?
    Originally posted by thegasguru
    I've used CoLauncher to map nearly all of my keys to run various apps. It's worked flawlessly.
    I've tried colauncher and was not able to hit a keyboard key to launch anything. It seems you must map colauncher to one of the 4 palm keys. When you want to launch an app you then hit that palm key and then your keyboard key.

To me, that's kinda sucky. It sounds like Treo Butler 2 will simply launch off of a keyboard letter press and that's much simpler in my mind.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    The only problem with Volume Rocker is that it only doubles what the nav button is already set to. What we need is for the volume rocker to do a PAGE up/down while the nav button remains at its default of LINE up/down. It's silly not to have both functions simultaneously like it is on the Clie's, given that the separate hardware knobs are available!
    Originally posted by cosmicpatriot
    The only problem with Volume Rocker is that it only doubles what the nav button is already set to. What we need is for the volume rocker to do a PAGE up/down while the nav button remains at its default of LINE up/down. It's silly not to have both functions simultaneously like it is on the Clie's, given that the separate hardware knobs are available!
    Good idea. I'd like to see the ability to use VR to page down/up, even go to top/bottom of page, particularly with Blazer. Not having this in Blazer drives me crazy. Definitely need go to top/bottom of a web page.
    Am I wrong or this app won't work on a Treo180?

Regards,
    Chriz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast