Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What is the latest intel on TMobile's release of the 600? Last I'd heard was Nov. 24 which (I should be used to this by now) came and went without even a whimper. I just don't f^*%ing understand this. Let HS start shipping for TMo (with the discount) already. $hit, $hit, $hit !!!!! I am getting really pissed off at TMobile. Too bad I'm not in a top 100 urban area to keep my number and go to ATT. (No Cingular here). It's like TMo is intentionally delaying this.
    Originally posted by jsl94117
    What is the latest intel on TMobile's release of the 600? Last I'd heard was Nov. 24 which (I should be used to this by now) came and went without even a whimper. I just don't f^*%ing understand this. Let HS start shipping for TMo (with the discount) already. $hit, $hit, $hit !!!!! I am getting really pissed off at TMobile. Too bad I'm not in a top 100 urban area to keep my number and go to ATT. (No Cingular here). It's like TMo is intentionally delaying this.
    If they are, they have a death wish. You must be the only one left who cares.

They have been hemorrhaging Treo 600 customers to all the other carriers. At first they were only losing the customers that had no requirement for GSM but liked the higher data rates of CDMA over GPRS. Now that number portability has kicked in they are losing even the GSM customers to AT&T and Cingular.

A contact who represents himself as a T-Mobile National Account Rep sent me an e-mail that "T-Mobile will launch the Treo 600" the third week in December but that is the third date that he has given me, each 3-4 weeks later than the one before. Salvage would be a better word than launch.

HS is telling the independent distributors like Bottomline Telecommunications 1Q04. (See www.shopblt.com). Of course, "unofficial" dates that are not converging only suggest more slipping.

Why do you care, anyway?
    I think TMO is doing the rite thing not jumping on the bw. The device is full of bugs also there are some hardware problems.
    Version A is a total junk. Version B is not much better. TMO has had similar problems w/ Sidekick [mostly software] @ T 270.
  4.    #4  
    I care because I'm still under contract with TMo and I want to get the discounted upgrade price. If I'd have known TMo would bungle each and every date they'd given to us, I would have bought the discounted Cingular unlocked phone and used it on TMobile anyway. I understand that ATT's Treo is locked. So if I want to get the Treo upgrade price, at this point I'm stuck waiting for TMobile.

By the way smart a$$, I think there are probably plenty of other people in similar situations, stuck waiting for TMobile to at least allow HS to sell discounted upgrade Treos for use on TMobile's network.
    Originally posted by tolechka
    I think TMO is doing the rite thing not jumping on the bw. The device is full of bugs also there are some hardware problems.
    Version A is a total junk. Version B is not much better. TMO has had similar problems w/ Sidekick [mostly software] @ T 270.
    Perhaps. However, I have my own view of what happened on the 270. After waiting for months, I installed the GPRS software that T-Mobile kept dumping on. My mistake was installing the T-Mobile software when it became available. In addition to crashing multiple applications, it locked my browser to a T-Mobile preferred site.

I do not believe for a minute that this is about software quality or that T-Mobile would know quality software when it saw it.

Quite candidly, I do not know what all this is about. I have not yet heard a theory that fits the facts. Equally candidly I no longer give a damn what HS or T-Mobile do. I do not plan to hang on to this chain while they jerk me around.
    Originally posted by jsl94117
    I care because I'm still under contract with TMo and I want to get the discounted upgrade price. If I'd have known TMo would bungle each and every date they'd given to us, I would have bought the discounted Cingular unlocked phone and used it on TMobile anyway. I understand that ATT's Treo is locked. So if I want to get the Treo upgrade price, at this point I'm stuck waiting for TMobile.

By the way smart a$$, I think there are probably plenty of other people in similar situations, stuck waiting for TMobile to at least allow HS to sell discounted upgrade Treos for use on TMobile's network.
    I was about to grant you that argument until I did the arithmetic. I find it hard to calculate that you can do more than a few tens of dollars better waiting for T-Mobile than jumping to Cingular or AT&T. This is not really about the money. It is about HS, and perhaps T-Mobile, yanking their customers around for some purpose that is sufficiently dishonorable that they are not willing to tell us what it is.

Go with AT&T or Cingular and send me a bill on PayPal for however much you think it cost you over waiting for T-Mobile. Do not forget to price in the difference in aggravation for not waiting.
    I was also waiting for the T-Mobile version to come out, so that I could order it via handset upgrade and same some $$$. Handset upgrade told me that I could have $150 off a phone given my history w/ T-Mobile. However, another thread here makes it clear that T-Mobile will not be offering the Treo 600 directly. Instead, you will have to go directly thru HS. Hence, NO HANDSET UPGRADE DISCOUNT!
    I called Adam at http://www.gsmphonesource.com and he was able to get me a *unbranded* and *unlocked* GSM Treo 600 for a reasonable price. It is on it's way to me now. Viva FedEx!!
    Originally posted by jskier
    I was also waiting for the T-Mobile version to come out, so that I could order it via handset upgrade and same some $$$. Handset upgrade told me that I could have $150 off a phone given my history w/ T-Mobile. However, another thread here makes it clear that T-Mobile will not be offering the Treo 600 directly. Instead, you will have to go directly thru HS. Hence, NO HANDSET UPGRADE DISCOUNT!
    I called Adam at http://www.gsmphonesource.com and he was able to get me a *unbranded* and *unlocked* GSM Treo 600 for a reasonable price. It is on it's way to me now. Viva FedEx!!
    When I click on that link, I get "access forbidden."
    Bummer, the website worked for me this morning but now I am also getting "Forbidden"?!?!
    You can call Adam Roth (owner of GSM Phone Source) at 702-290-9012. I think he only has 1 or 2 unbranded Treo 600s left, so act quick!

also try to access the web page at http://www.gsmphonesource.com/produc...tomer/home.php
    hopefully that link will work...

also try to access the web page at http://www.gsmphonesource.com/produc...tomer/home.php
    hopefully that link will work...
    Nope. That one does not work either.
    I got one from gsmphonesource and it has worked great. Note however that is unlocked but it is not unbranded. It's the Cingular package. The only place on the phone you see anything Cingular is their logo when you turn wireless on or off.

The Cingular package is a good deal because it comes with a better case than the unbranded or the Sprint package.

FYI, if the Cingular logo bothers you check the threads you can now use your own logo in place of it.

Good luck with your new toy, I love mine!
    1. to access the site, just type in gsmphonesource.com (without the www. prefix). It worked for me a couple of seconds ago. The price is a little too high though (689.84). THeoretically, you can still get it from Cingular for 599 w/out service contract.

2. Two days ago I was on teh phone with HS to ask them if the ATT version is locked, and I also threw in the question about the TMo release date. The girl said they don't have anything set in stone, but she thinks it will be in approx 2 weeks, which would put it at roughly mid-December, as I saw in earlier posts. What is frustrating is that hs doesn't offer the upgrade price anymore for Cingular, and, even if I am a TMo customer, I would need the unlocked version. I've been waiting for a smartphone that would be as versatile as the T600 for a year now, and never found what I was looking for until now! Palm T-W was locked to ATT, and they weren't able to hack it until right after T600 was released, and teh previous Treos had "ancient" software running. I really hope all my patience will pay off SOON!
    May the G4ce be with you
    Originally posted by whmurray

Nope. That one does not work either.
    I took the original link and took the trailing "/" off and it worked.
    Enquiring minds want to know ...
    Originally posted by bcaslis
    I got one from gsmphonesource and it has worked great. Note however that is unlocked but it is not unbranded. It's the Cingular package. The only place on the phone you see anything Cingular is their logo when you turn wireless on or off.

I see 2 versions, one Cingular, the other OEM.

Copy and paste this:

gsmphonesource.com/products/customer/home.php?cat=39&xid=f33901effa51eb098f34cbaec165d48d
    My friends, 689 and 700+ ?!? I don't know about you, but so far I am only willing to pay the 599 Cingular would charge me in-store. What do you guys think?

~John
    May the G4ce be with you
    Originally posted by Scorpiusss
    My friends, 689 and 700+ ?!? I don't know about you, but so far I am only willing to pay the 599 Cingular would charge me in-store. What do you guys think?

~John
    I will pay it; I have said all along that delivery, not price, is the issue. I paid $750- for my 270. I paid $650- for my Nokia 8890. However, their site is silent on delivery. I will not commit to pay a $150- premium if they will not commit current delivery.

I will pay it; I have said all along that delivery, not price, is the issue. I paid $750- for my 270. I paid $650- for my Nokia 8890. However, their site is silent on delivery. I will not commit to pay a $150- premium if they will not commit current delivery.
    Have heard from them. They shipped three today but are no longer able to commit delivery. More games and I am still not a player. I had to go to Canada for my 8890.

I was about to grant you that argument until I did the arithmetic. I find it hard to calculate that you can do more than a few tens of dollars better waiting for T-Mobile than jumping to Cingular or AT&T. This is not really about the money. It is about HS, and perhaps T-Mobile, yanking their customers around for some purpose that is sufficiently dishonorable that they are not willing to tell us what it is.

Go with AT&T or Cingular and send me a bill on PayPal for however much you think it cost you over waiting for T-Mobile. Do not forget to price in the difference in aggravation for not waiting.
    Tens of dollars? LOL! Um, the Cingular upgrade pricing deal ended on the 24th. The only way to get a good price on GSM right NOW would be to go for the AT&T one, which is still offered at the upgrade price until Dec 15th. But since that is locked to AT&T, we can't use it with our T-Mobile service and would have to change providers (the person who started this thread also stated that he's not in an area where number portability is in effect yet, so this is not an option he'd like to take). Personally, I'm in an area where number portability is already a reality. But I wouldnd't go with AT&T anyway since their data plan prices are completely outrageous. Therefore for many of us, waiting for T-Mo is the only way to get a good deal (the $399 upgrade price). And for data pricing, the only carrier that beats T-Mo's prices for unlimited data is Sprint, and that would mean no GSM.

I'm sorry, but there's just no way in hell I'd ever pay $600 for a phone. Regardless of the "hassle of waiting".
    Originally posted by Scorpiusss
    1. to access the site, just type in gsmphonesource.com (without the www. prefix). It worked for me a couple of seconds ago. The price is a little too high though (689.84). THeoretically, you can still get it from Cingular for 599 w/out service contract.

2. Two days ago I was on teh phone with HS to ask them if the ATT version is locked, and I also threw in the question about the TMo release date. The girl said they don't have anything set in stone, but she thinks it will be in approx 2 weeks, which would put it at roughly mid-December, as I saw in earlier posts. What is frustrating is that hs doesn't offer the upgrade price anymore for Cingular, and, even if I am a TMo customer, I would need the unlocked version. I've been waiting for a smartphone that would be as versatile as the T600 for a year now, and never found what I was looking for until now! Palm T-W was locked to ATT, and they weren't able to hack it until right after T600 was released, and teh previous Treos had "ancient" software running. I really hope all my patience will pay off SOON!
    You can't trust that HS CSR!!!!

Two weeks is their version of "the check is in the mail". They lie. It's ALWAYS two weeks.
    Originally posted by zipmitz

You can't trust that HS CSR!!!!

Two weeks is their version of "the check is in the mail". They lie. It's ALWAYS two weeks.
    I do not understand. Are you picking out customer service reps? Do you intend to imply that there is some part of HS that one can trust?

I am sure that PalmOne will not try to preserve the now besmirched HandSpring brand. They can only hope that the dung does not rub off on their own already fragile brand.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast