Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by Scorpiusss
    I really hope all my patience will pay off SOON!
    Do you really? Well that is the definition of hope isn't it? Hope is the insistence on a proposition well after one has more than enough evidence to disprove it. How many times will you let them to lie to you before you finally decide that they will not ever tell you the truth, except, perhaps, by accident.
    Last edited by whmurray; 11/29/2003 at 12:58 PM.
    Originally posted by whmurray

Do you really? Well that is the definition of hope isn't it? Hope is the insistence on a proposition well after one has more than enough evidence to disprove it. How many times will you let them to lie to you before you finally decide that they will not ever tell you the truth, except, perhaps, by accident.
    murray, is there anything else left for us then? For me there is only resent, and the realization that I will have to put up with carrying a cell phone and a pda for a little while longer. I kept my eyes on eBay also, but the price premiums on there are not any different than at gsmsource.com, or whatever the website was called. The top I was willing to pay was 599 as I said, but I wanted to leave the cingular store with the phone, if I was going to pay the price. Unfortunately, the only answer I got was "we don't have it in stock, but we can order it for you, and you'll have it in one week!". However, I have serious doubts they will be able to get it in 1 wk. Does anyone have any experience w/ ordering the t600 in a cingular store? How long is the typical wait on this types of orders?
    May the G4ce be with you
    You should read this thread:

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=42862

where it (strongly) appears T-Mobile is not going to be "carrying" the TREO 600 at all but simply allowing it to be sold via their web site.
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    You should read this thread:

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=42862

where it (strongly) appears T-Mobile is not going to be "carrying" the TREO 600 at all but simply allowing it to be sold via their web site.
    Although I didn't have time yet to read the whole thread, I can only say I really hope you're not right!!!

Thanks man!

BTW: any ideas if I can still get teh t600 from cingular for 599, or how easy it is to get it unlocked (the unlock code) from ATT?
    May the G4ce be with you
    Originally posted by jennyfur
    Tens of dollars? LOL! Um, the Cingular upgrade pricing deal ended on the 24th.
    Hi Jennyfur,

I was wondering what you decided the other day when the Cingular offer was getting close to expiring you were still on the fence.

I wish you and the others that decided to wait for the T-mobile branded Treo 600 well, you guys are infinitely more patient than I am.

Let me offer my little homage to users still waiting for the Tmobile branded T600: (Sing to Don't loose my number by Phil Collins)

Now handspring don't you lose my order number
    Cos It's not anywhere that Tmobile can find too

Searchin' through the day and into the night
    They wouldn't stop me until I found it
    They didn't know Treo and they didn't understand it, nobody asked me why
    Get out of my way, I heard a shout,
    All I could see was the Treos blinding screen backlight
    Out of the shadows and into the night

Now don't give up, if you know you're right
    Don't give up, 'cos you know that I am on your side
    Don't give up,
    You better, you better, you better call and write.

Last edited by Prismatic; 11/29/2003 at 10:21 PM.
    No good deed goes unpunished

Although I didn't have time yet to read the whole thread, I can only say I really hope you're not right!!!

Thanks man!

BTW: any ideas if I can still get teh t600 from cingular for 599, or how easy it is to get it unlocked (the unlock code) from ATT?
    Issue is not price but availability. gsmphonesource quotes a price of $689.99 for a Cingular locked phone v. $ 724.99 for an unlocked phone but they do not have any of either. When I do not have any, I sell them for $1-.
    Prismatic,

Thanks for your ode!

BTW, really like your logo picture! When I'll get my T600 in the next millenia, that's probably be me, with my t 600 in one hand, and my iPod in teh other

Take care!
    May the G4ce be with you
    Originally posted by whmurray

Issue is not price but availability. gsmphonesource quotes a price of $689.99 for a Cingular locked phone v. $ 724.99 for an unlocked phone but they do not have any of either. When I do not have any, I sell them for $1-.
    Leaving the immediate availability aside (which is the issue for you), and going back to the price (which is the prioritary issue for me )... if I order it from a Cingular store, should I expect to pay 599 and not 650+ I would pay at gsmsource?
    May the G4ce be with you
    Originally posted by Prismatic
    Hi Jennyfur,

I was wondering what you decided the other day when the Cingular offer was getting close to expiring you were still on the fence.

I wish you and the others that decided to wait for the T-mobile branded Treo 600 well, you guys are infinitely more patient than I am.

Let me offer my little homage to users still waiting for the Tmobile branded T600: (Sing to Don't loose my number by Phil Collins)

Now handspring don't you lose my order number
    Cos It's not anywhere that Tmobile can find too

Searchin' through the day and into the night
    They wouldn't stop me until I found it
    They didn't know Treo and they didn't understand it, nobody asked me why
    Get out of my way, I heard a shout,
    All I could see was the Treos blinding screen backlight
    Out of the shadows and into the night

Now don't give up, if you know you're right
    Don't give up, 'cos you know that I am on your side
    Don't give up,
    You better, you better, you better call and write.
    LOL! Thanks, that was cute
    Yeah I ended up waiting cuz I found out the phone was going to be an xmas present from someone. So I allowed that Nov 24th date to slip past (though painful to watch!). Hopefully I can put the order in for the T-Mo one by the holiday....if not, my birthday is a few weeks after so it still all works out for the gift-giver. But either way I'm still trying for the best price possible no matter which one of us is paying for it. I just hope sooner than later.
    Originally posted by jennyfur
    Yeah I ended up waiting cuz I found out the phone was going to be an xmas present from someone. So I allowed that Nov 24th date to slip past (though painful to watch!). Hopefully I can put the order in for the T-Mo one by the holiday....if not, my birthday is a few weeks after so it still all works out for the gift-giver. But either way I'm still trying for the best price possible no matter which one of us is paying for it. I just hope sooner than later.
    Here's hoping that it 'IS' sooner than later for everyone that is still waiting.

Happy Holidays
    BTW, really like your logo picture! When I'll get my T600 in the next millenia, that's probably be me, with my t 600 in one hand, and my iPod in teh other
    Take care!
    Thanks! When I went to update my avatar I thought why not incorporate my two obsessions into one

BTW for those of you who are also ipod fans or ipod wanabees and haven't discovered this site yet, check out:

http://www.ipodlounge.com/

It is the treocentral of Ipod boards

and my 2nd favorite destination online!
    Damn... I dont know the availability now.. but when I was down at my local Cingular store there were tons of treo's there(boxes). You guys call cingular direct? Here is what you do, call Cingular's 800 number. Tell them you want to buy a "phone" for a friend for x-mas. They will say it would be cheaper with a plan and blah blah. Just tell them you want the phone just the way it is, and it is a present. They will sell you a Cingular treo 600 for 599. I believe they have stock, and you can order overnight shipping.

Good Luck
    Originally posted by Prismatic

Thanks! When I went to update my avatar I thought why not incorporate my two obsessions into one

BTW for those of you who are also ipod fans or ipod wanabees and haven't discovered this site yet, check out:

http://www.ipodlounge.com/

It is the treocentral of Ipod boards

and my 2nd favorite destination online!
    All the respect for the people w/ the same obsessiobs as me!

BTW, checked out iPodlounge. Thanks a lot for the tip!

May the G4ce be with you
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12