1.    #1  
    I bought a Sandisk 512m sd card. No problem to move files from my pc to the sd card if it is in my card reader.
    The Treo 600 however does not recognize the card (with or without content), it is also not possible to format the card with the Treo 600.
    The Treo is aware that there is a card in it's slot but is unable to identify the card.
    Any thoughts?
    rudolf, you mean you can't see the files using the Treo? I had seen something like that in mine but when I used another app I was able to see them, for example, if I install Kinoma player and some Kinoma files on the SD card (the Palm/Laucher folder) it will see them. But just trying to browse them from the Treo doesn't work!

I use the freeware Gentleman (which is NOT fully compatible with OS5 - at least the version I have) but it allows me to browse and see all files on the SD card. Just thought I should mention this.

Also, do you have PocketTunes? Have you tried to transfer/see/play any MP3 yet?

Ismenio
  3.    #3  
    I have pockte tunes and cannot see the files - but the problem is, that Treo does not recognize my SD card. If I select card info Treo does not know neither the size of the card nor the type - only that a card has been inserted.
    I see. I'd try to test with other cards or test your card on another Treo if possible. If that's the only card you have, it could be that the problem is with the pins on the card slot on the Treo.

Just speculating. I mentioned that because if I were you I'd hate to send the unity back without rulling out a problem with the card first.

Sorry you're having that problem, that's a real bummer!
    I'm having the exact same problem with a San Disk 512 card. I guess my next stop is at Sprint to test the card in another phone. If that's not it I'll try to exchange the card. Have you already been down this road? and if so what were your results?
    I am getting the exact same problem. New 512 SanDisk SD card, was OK until I copied some MP3s to it using a SanDisk Card Reader/Writer and now neither the Reader nor the Treo 600 recognize the card. Did anyone find a resolution to this issue? It sounds like a bad card to me.
    Originally posted by mcoplon
    I am getting the exact same problem. New 512 SanDisk SD card, was OK until I copied some MP3s to it using a SanDisk Card Reader/Writer and now neither the Reader nor the Treo 600 recognize the card. Did anyone find a resolution to this issue? It sounds like a bad card to me.
    try formatting from the treo?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I've had this problem repeatedly with my 256 meg SanDisk card. Transferring .mp3s seems to corrupt the card--the more files, the greater the likelihood. Try reformatting on your computer, then reformat on the Treo.

I'm off to get a Lexar or Panasonic card today.
    Last edited by neill; 01/10/2004 at 11:28 AM.
    I sent a note to SanDisk about this problem. I will post when I hear from them. I have tried to reformat from both Treo and PC. The Treo actually prompts for a reformat when the card is inserted, and I gave that a shot a few times...it can't do it. I think it is safe to say that when a SanDisk card reader/writer can't even recognize their is a card in the slot, the card is bad. The mere act of transferring MP3s to this card while inserted in a SanDisk card reader/writer has resulted in card corruption. Sounds like a product defect to me, although I can't be certain whether the corruption occurred while copying the MP3s, or after I inserted the card into the Treo after the copy. Bottom line, it is DOA, and I can't format it anywhere. I too will look for another brand to replace it with or request a refund.

I went out and purchased a 256mb Fujifilm....it works flawlessly.
    Last edited by mcoplon; 01/17/2004 at 08:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I bought 2 SanDisk 256mb cards from Best Buy the day after Thankgiving when they were on sale for $50 apiece.

I have a brand new Dazzle 8-in-1 USB 2.0 card reader.

The first SD card I used got corrupted continually, requiring reformatting by the Treo. (Windows formatting never worked.) I was putting MP3s, Audible audio book files and JPGs on it, as well as saving the pics I took to it and using the card as backup space.

As soon as I put the card in the reader, the reader would have trouble reading files. The folder and file names were nonsensical characters. If the reader read the card then the problem would occur when I would write MP3s to the card.

I called SanDisk and arranged to send back the card. In the meantime, I've opened the second card to see if it was any better because it was too late to return it. It also has the same problem, and I'll be calling SanDisk to return it as soon as I receive the replacement for the first one.

I plan to try the Panasonic cards soon. I've read they're good and speedier.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I'm using a Kingston 512 mb SD card. It seems to work fine for a while and then I need to eject it and reseat it to get it working again. When it stops working, Filez gets giberish for the card name and sees no files on it. Audible player doesn't detect the files on it. Card Export won't connect. Etc. Ejecting and reinserting usually does the trick.

Bad card? Bad Treo? I also had some problems with file corruption using a card reader on my desktop but I thought maybe that was file system incompatability.

Jason