Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Yes, now if mine would just ARRIVE.

Bob Duckworth
    I read in another thread that a couple of people have experienced the dimpled versions peeling. I really would like to buy this product but they don't seem to offer the smooth version any more and I'm wary of the dimpled now.
    I have been waiting over a month for mine and it is still not here. Has anyone received theirs?
    I received mine today, and I'm in Norway!
    Ordered them no more than 10 days ago!

Just a question: What's that tear-off area on the large back-pad for? I tore it off and attached it to the lower part of the back of my 600.

/Christopher
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    For the GSM Model - Silver Color:

Is the All Silver look nicer or the Black Back/Silver nicer? Anyone have one?

Thanks!
    Palm III -> Revo -> Palm V -> Clie 760 -> Clie T650C -> SE P800 -> Treo 600 -> Clie UX50 -> The Dark Side -> Treo 650 -> Nokia E61 -> Treo 680
    Originally posted by nomadmy
    For the GSM Model - Silver Color:

Is the All Silver look nicer or the Black Back/Silver nicer? Anyone have one?

Thanks!
    I have the silver egrips on the silver GSM, and it looks ok.
    Attached is an image taken indoors which probably doesn't tell you much but you might be able to enhance the photo and zoom in...

/Christopher
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Thanks Grenness!

I think the Silver Back should look NICER than the Black one.

Is there anyone have the Black Back one?

Thanks!
    Palm III -> Revo -> Palm V -> Clie 760 -> Clie T650C -> SE P800 -> Treo 600 -> Clie UX50 -> The Dark Side -> Treo 650 -> Nokia E61 -> Treo 680
    Thanks for pointing these out! I was thinking: Hey-what's needed here is a rubber grip! This seems perfect.
  10.    #10  
    Since there seems to be so much interest in these, I decided to post the additional pictures I took during our evaluation.

Enjoy!

1. Packaging - http://treo600essentials.com/reviews..._packaging.jpg
    2. Carrier Sheet - http://treo600essentials.com/reviews/egrips_sheet.jpg
    3. Back - http://treo600essentials.com/reviews/egrips_back.jpg
    4. Left side - http://treo600essentials.com/reviews/egrips_left.jpg
    5. Right side - http://treo600essentials.com/reviews/egrips_right.jpg
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Thanks Darek985! Nice photos.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Originally posted by grenness
    I received mine today, and I'm in Norway!
    Ordered them no more than 10 days ago!

Just a question: What's that tear-off area on the large back-pad for? I tore it off and attached it to the lower part of the back of my 600.

/Christopher
    That little tear-off area is for the 1-877-9GETBACK program. If you sign up ($14.95) they will send you a little egrip rectangle that will replace the one on the back of your treo where the existing rectangle cutout is. All the info is on that card that came with your egrips.

BTW-these egrips are pretty cool.
    I saw this thread on Saturday, placed an order that day and had them delivered to my office in Chicago via USPS by Monday afternoon. (The label was hand-lettered).

They really help a lot with my Treo which I have almost dropped several times.

It does make it hard to fit into the original Treo 600 case (who cares?), but it still fits into the Body Glove case just great.
    My experience with eGrips has been quite the opposite. Order placed over a month ago, no contact whatsoever until I finally inquired as to what had happened to my order and get a one liner back that the color I ordered was delayed and should be out (should have been last week). If I had been told that the color would have resulted in such a long delay I would have changed it...

I'm not holding my breath.

Kinda scary when you get better customer service from Handspring and Sprint!

JT
    So… two questions.

- If I install these e-grips will they make it much harder to slip my Treo into the front pocket of my blue jeans?

- I read here and elsewhere about a problem with them peeling off. In Derek's review (at least that's where I think it was) he mentions removing them to see if it was as easy to remove as manufacturer claims. I believe he said he was easily able to remove them. If that's the case, how long do you think they'll last after putting and pulling the Treo in and out of my jeans pocket 20 or 30 times a day (and they're not loose fitting jeans)?
    Originally posted by sblanter
    So… two questions.

- If I install these e-grips will they make it much harder to slip my Treo into the front pocket of my blue jeans?
    I'm a jeans and Treo 600 user myself, and although it doesn't slide just as smooth in and out as pre-egrips, it's not a problem at all IMO.

/Christopher
  17.    #17  
    Originally posted by sblanter
    So… two questions.

- I read here and elsewhere about a problem with them peeling off. In Derek's review (at least that's where I think it was) he mentions removing them to see if it was as easy to remove as manufacturer claims. I believe he said he was easily able to remove them. If that's the case, how long do you think they'll last after putting and pulling the Treo in and out of my jeans pocket 20 or 30 times a day (and they're not loose fitting jeans)?
    On your first question, yes - the phone will be considerably harder to slip into a jeans pocket. I wear suits and/or chinos most of the time so it's not much of an issue for me.

On the second question, I had try pretty hard to pull them off but I imagine that if you're using them with jeans, they'd wear away or start to come off on thier own after a week or so.

If I was in your situation, I think I'd look for a case instead.
    Originally posted by jtardiff

Kinda scary when you get better customer service from Handspring and Sprint!

JT
    Sprint? Impossible, read my thread :P

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ight=argh.html
    Ordered my silver and black on 11/28, received them yesterday (12/2). Look good, seem to work fine. We'll see if they peel off...
    I ordered the silver version of Egrips on 11/25. The web site expect up to three weeks for delivery. It sounds like the silver version might be back ordered. That's OK. I'm still waiting for my T600 as well. Thanks to Handspring I've become very accustomed to waiting.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast