Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by sbcrair
    Ordered my silver and black on 11/28, received them yesterday (12/2). Look good, seem to work fine. We'll see if they peel off...
    Awesome, I ordered mine when I woke up this morning. I had enough of the slipping out of my hand. If they are here before the weekend I'll be SOO happy.
    -Treo 600 on Sprint
    Ordered mine on 11/18 and still waiting. It's good though, my T600 got fried by a bad charger (literally), and I'm waiting for a new phone too.
    Anybody got a loaner?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I got mine yesterday, they are nice. They have discontinued the smooth ones however and I got the bumpy ones..

I really like them so far.

Steve
    I received the egrips the other day and I love them! They feel and look great and they were very easy to apply.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Here, here. I've been using an eval T600 for a few weeks - last night I received my own unit and installed the egrips that have been waiting for it (more patiently than I, I might add).

So I had the rare opportunity to hold two identical treos side by side, one with egrips and one without. It truly is like holding a different device. Once you hold the unit with egrips installed, going back to the other one is almost "scary" - it feels so slippery in your hand. You feel like you're going to drop it, even if you never have before.

I also did the sloping dashboard test while in a car with an associate today and he freaked out. I just tossed it (pretty gingerly) onto the sloping part of the dash and it just stuck.

I have the "new" thin dimpled silver egrips. The treo still goes in and out of the Treo side case with no problem - though certainly a little more friction than before. Also works fine in the OEM cradle.

Highly recommended. Between that and my Boxwave screen protector, I feel like my new treo is "safer".

Paul
    I'm sad to say my experience with egrips has been unpleasant.

I ordered them the first day they were available. After a month of waiting I sent a ping. Finally got them, but not the ones I ordered, rather the more "dimpled" ones.

After attaching just the side bars, I started noticing very curious problems. All my "hard" button presses engaged twice, from the menu button to the hard buttons to the D-ring.

I thought it was software, and uninstalled everything from the last day I'd installed, and came "this" close to doing a hard reset.

Then I decided to remove the egrips. Problem solved.

I suspect that the adhesive on the back is so strong that that it holds the top and bottom halves of the Treo tighter together than is proper, impacting the buttons.

Any help?

Thanks,
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
  7.    #27  
    Wow. Very strange. Never had or heard of anyone else having problems like that. Did you by any chance squeeze the unit halves together when you applied them?
    I don't think so, however, over a period of time, as I held the Treo I might have squeezed it.

This is speculation on my part, however, since I removed the egrips, I haven't had the problem again.

Most curious.

I have not put them on the back of the device yet.

On a slightly different subject: is anyone having their serial number plastic overlay start to curl up around the edges? I am.

Cheers,
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
    I bought the grips last night after talking to my wife. I had my T600 i|
    Originally posted by alan257
    I received the egrips the other day and I love them! They feel and look great and they were very easy to apply.
    Is it easy to remove, as their web page implied? If you remove it can it be attached again?
    Originally posted by backdoc
    I got mine yesterday, they are nice. They have discontinued the smooth ones however and I got the bumpy ones..

I really like them so far.

Steve
    How long ago did you order? Their form said to wait up to 4 weeks for the order.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    They are removeable and can be removed without a mess, but it is not "easy" and will most likely crinkle the edge of the egrip as you pry it up with your fingernail.

The dimples DO come off though. Egrips claims it is a bad batch. My dimples are coming removed from the silver backing.

I imagine that the more you use the Treo in a case, such as a side case, or put it in a pocket, the more quickly the dimples will peel.

Mine started peeling on the lower left corner, where the egrip meets the cradle. A co-worker pointed it out.
    Last edited by kamalot; 12/05/2003 at 02:10 PM.
  13.    #33  
    Originally posted by kamalot
    They are removeable and can be removed without a mess, but it is not "easy" and will most likely crinkle the edge of the egrip as you pry it up with your fingernail.

The dimples DO come off though. Egrips claims it is a bad batch. Mine dimples are coming removed from the silver backing.

I imagine that the more you use the Treo in a case, such as a side case, or put it in a pocket, the more quickly the dimples will peel.

Mine started peeling on the lower left corner, where the egrip meets the cradle. A co-worker pointed it out.
    OK, so Kamalot has had this problem but I am not conviced it is a widespread issue. Has anyone else experienced this? If you own a set of Egrips, please respond either way so we can put this issue to bed once and for all.
    Originally posted by derek985

OK, so Kamalot has had this problem but I am not conviced it is a widespread issue. Has anyone else experienced this? If you own a set of Egrips, please respond either way so we can put this issue to bed once and for all.
    Black dimpled, no problems here.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    You can find the thread about the peeling dinples here

Peeling Dimples

You can also see a picture of the peeling dimples here:

Dimples tore off
    a few days ago, I noticed I had a few of the dimples coming off, and after looking at the pic from kamalot, I thought I'd add a post. My 'problem area' is in the exact same place as kama's pic, which is why I thought it worthy of a post - maybe there's a glue issue in the bonding process, at that exact spot - ? I don't have as many dimples off, maybe 3 or 4 of the little circle guys, but it's definitely the same general spot. Mine don't seem to be getting worse - the rubbed off area isn't growing or anything, which is why I thought it was likely a one-time occurence - must have rubbed them off somehow someplace, is what I had been thinking.
    But seeing the pic, and how it's the same as my area - maybe there's an overall issue. Or maybe it's just coincidence. Had I not seen the pic, I wouldn't have posted (in fact, I had been thinking to myself - come on folks - these are just little sticky things, they're bound to come off at SOME point anyway - get over it).
    But now....hmm.....
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I only had the egrips on for 2 days before they started to come off.
    Originally posted by derek985

Ordered and received the dual-color (silver/black) dimpled version. Had it about two weeks now. No problems so far. And, I would never go back to the slick Treo without the dimples. Besides, without having a holder in the car (still waiting for Proclips to have their holder ready ), I just throw the Treo on the seat next to me and it stays...no sliding. I'm very happy so far.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12