Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Great work Derek, and Mr. Man. I have downloaded and installed Derek's and it looks really cool. Is anyone planning to create more of these?

Derek, are you planning to create a section of treo600essentials for these? I tried using http://treo600essentials.com/skins/, but it told me it was forbidden.

Thanks guys!

Love the hacks!

Mike
    anyway to get the file if you don't have an sd card?
    Have you guys come up with any more different botton looks for the phone, favorites or anything else yet? Keep us posted, as many of us are eagerly waiting for more hacks. They look great, I must say. You guys are doing great work and a real service to all Treo 600 users.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Works great and looks good. I just have one problem the only way I can access it is through the launcher. If I assign it to one of the hard buttons it brings up the old phone dial pad. I have tried the button with both "phone" name applications they both open up the old phone app.
    Great, great, great!!!! Awesome!!!!

You guys rock!

NCTreo600
    I think I might start releasing some new phone pad skins without the favorites. It seems a lot of people have had image quality problems with the favorites and I'm not sure why.
    Is there a program in which you can change the tone of the phone when you turn the wireless mode on and off example have the phone say “welcome” or “goodbye” or "wireless mode on" / "wireless mode off" or could someone possibly just edit the program found at http://treo600essentials.com/phoneskins/phoneskins.html

I’d like to use this phone-skin with a different tone
    You've hacked the logo's what about the sound!!!
    Last edited by dishon22; 12/10/2003 at 09:44 AM.
    Hey ... for all of you having problems with the gradients not staying in high resolution, here's what I did to fix it:

I downloaded the free program Colorize program (which allows you to modify the colors of your screen elements) and set the default to 16 bits.

This solved all of my gradient problems as it seems to force the Treo to stay in 16 bit color mode (probably really only 12 bit?).

Enjoy!

Bill
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    is there a prc editor for the Mac?? OSX??
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Originally posted by bhodgins
    Hey ... for all of you having problems with the gradients not staying in high resolution, here's what I did to fix it:

I downloaded the free program Colorize program (which allows you to modify the colors of your screen elements) and set the default to 16 bits.

This solved all of my gradient problems as it seems to force the Treo to stay in 16 bit color mode (probably really only 12 bit?).

Enjoy!

Bill
    Thank you thank thank you.. Worked great!
    my pleasure
    I find it ironic that you are all skinning the phone to look like OS X with an app that is winBlows only. Anyone know of a Mac version of PRCedit, or something similar. ok if it runs on OS 9, I have an OS 9 machine here somewhere. haha.
    bhodgins -

This is awesome. This was the only setback to fully enjoying the phone skins. Now I will actually try to tackle some skins myself.
    so did everyone see that there is now a skinner program for the treo600 with skins already made for ya at:

Skinner Home Page

give it a try!!

peace,
    bb
    OK,
    I have successfully hacked the phone logo (I now use one with the Verizon logo and the towers) and I have created a new aqua skin per the directions given.

Just for fun, I strolled through the other bitmaps to see what else was available to play around with.

What I really want to do is get rid of the "Sprint" name on the top left of my dial pad (above the clock). I couldn't find it anywhere within the phone.prc bitmaps. Anybody know where that can be done?

Also, I now have 2 phone.prc in my palm, one being the hack and the other in ROM. Was I suppossed to do something with the one in ROM (everything is working, so I don't want to mess with it).
    To change the name at the top you have to:

Open the CurrentCarrier.pdb using Filez and edit record 1. Change the operator name into whatever you like, just make sure you don't exceed the length of the string with the official name. If your name isn't long enough just fill the remaining part with spaces.

You will have to edit the relevant records in the CarrierList.pdb if you want the change to persist after having roamed to another network and change the names for other carriers.

-David
    thank you davidr,

But, I do not have such a file. I'm on a CDMA phone FWIW.

I have a CarrierLogo123 file, a CarrierCustomize and a CarrierProfiles file. Would it be either of those? If so, how do I "open" them? Filez cannot open them.

I transferred them onto my PC and opened the CarrierCustomization with PRCedit, but I could not figure out what to do with it.

Somewhere along the way, somebody gave me a "Verizon" CarrierLogo123 file. I removed the old one and installed this one, but to no avail. I had no discernable effect.

thx
    Last edited by GalenMD; 02/08/2004 at 05:38 PM.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567