Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #101  
    hmm...maybe there is something else or maybe even another file that needs to be edited?
    Originally posted by derek985

I'm calling this version Aquaskin 2 (aren't I creative?) anyway, here it is:

http://treo600essentials.com/skins/aquaskin2.zip

Here's the preview for those who missed it earlier:

http://treo600essentials.com/skins/aqua3.gif

don't forget to tell other people about Treo 600 Essentials!!!!
    I installed aquaskin2.

Incidentally, the dialpad thing we were talking about before... the main phone app automatically switches to dial pad once you've pressed a phone number.

FWIW: couple of things I'm seeing on AQS2:

1. I can see a "grid" around and between each keypad button, though it is not visible on your GIF url. It's as if each button had a thin-lined rectangle around it. Very noticable in both phone apps, and only slightly noticable in favorites.

2. Minor graininess on both main phone app and dialpad (but no worse on dialpad on this version) and no worse in favorites. All buttons in all 3 UIs look the same: a little bit grainey, but not bad.

3. I love this color theme with the grey/silver buttons, but in favorites, when a button is highlighted, it is near impossible to read the text on the button--the white highlight burns it out.

Basically it works great. Great graphics job and brilliant for making it simple to install.
    Originally posted by elysian9

I installed aquaskin2.

Incidentally, the dialpad thing we were talking about before... the main phone app automatically switches to dial pad once you've pressed a phone number.

FWIW: couple of things I'm seeing on AQS2:

1. I can see a "grid" around and between each keypad button, though it is not visible on your GIF url. It's as if each button had a thin-lined rectangle around it. Very noticable in both phone apps, and only slightly noticable in favorites.

2. Minor graininess on both main phone app and dialpad (but no worse on dialpad on this version) and no worse in favorites. All buttons in all 3 UIs look the same: a little bit grainey, but not bad.

3. I love this color theme with the grey/silver buttons, but in favorites, when a button is highlighted, it is near impossible to read the text on the button--the white highlight burns it out.

Basically it works great. Great graphics job and brilliant for making it simple to install.
    On 1... Can you take a screenshot of this phenomena? I get none of this on my phone at all.

On 2... The minor grainyness is unavoidable on a 160 x 160 screen when you're dealing with any sort of gradient. That's as good as it's going to get.

On 3... Agreed. I'll dim down the highlight graphic so the white shows up better.

Thanks for the kind words too.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

D.
    On 1... Can you take a screenshot of this phenomena? I get none of this on my phone at all.

I don't have any screen shot sw, but I'll use a camera. Hopefully that will show it. EDIT: Forget the screen shot. Do this: change your display color themes and it will dramatically affect the dialpad hack. For example, change it to "blue" and you will see the "grid" I am talking about, and extreme graininess in favorites. Try "Autumn" and the "grid" is visible, but not too bad, and favorites graininess is minimal. "Basic" give you no "grid" in phone, and grain in favorites. And so on...

On 2... The minor grainyness is unavoidable on a 160 x 160 screen when you're dealing with any sort of gradient. That's as good as it's going to get.

Okay.

On 3... Agreed. I'll dim down the highlight graphic so the white shows up better.

Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words too.

You're welcome.
    Happy Turkey Day All!!

Great looking skin, I love it!!!

One other thing, when I installed both Phone and Phone_logo, my phone will not hang up a call and needs to be soft reset, deleted both files and everything returned to normal, anyone else seeing this..
    Originally posted by wbrinker
    Happy Turkey Day All!!

One other thing, when I installed both Phone and Phone_logo, my phone will not hang up a call and needs to be soft reset, deleted both files and everything returned to normal, anyone else seeing this..
    Hmmm. This is the first report I've seen of this behavior and mine does not do this (of course, right?!) so you'll need to share some details about which treo 600 you have, who your carrier is, etc.

Thanks.
    D.
    I actually had this happen once last night, but wasn't sure it was Phone.prc Phone_logo.prc, but now that you mention it...I did have this happen to me. I also made about a half dozen successful calls as well, just happened once.

Soft reset was required

-Rob
    BTW, Aquaskin2 has been downloaded 300+ times from my site so if there were any really hardcore problems we'd have found out by now.

But I'll repeat my earlier warning again, this is free BETA software only tested on a Sprint platform and I assume NO responsibility for any issue you might encounter. Just be careful!

I personally recommend that everyone installing the app do so from thier desktop PC. This way the radio can be turned off during the install process (as it should be).

After you install the skin, - do a soft reset before launching the phone app. That should help make sure that nothing funky happens before, during and after the install.

After the soft reset, open the phone app and test a call -all should be well.

If it isn't - just remove the additional phone app with a utility like Filez (it's the Phone duplicate without the lock or memory icon next to it). You can't remove the one in ROM anyway so it's safe.
    Last edited by derek985; 11/27/2003 at 10:59 AM.
    Thanks for the tips, BTW T600 SprintPCS.

I did install WITH radio on and another Phone_logo installed, I'll remove the logo file reboot and leave the radio off before I install again, I'll keep you posted.
    Originally posted by wbrinker
    Happy Turkey Day All!!

I also had the problem of once the .prc files were installed, I was unable to turn on or off the radio, had to hard reset to clear it, wierd.

(edit) I have the sprint T600 and installed with the radio on, turning it off when installing the skin seems to have solved the problem.
  11.    #111  
    You guys talking about "problems" of seeing a grid when using a different color scheme have to understand something. Each image is it's own square graphic. If you want a graphic that works on any color scheme, you HAVE to use transparency in the images. If you do that, you cannot use a slick drop shadow or anything like that because you need a background to set it on. The program we are using doesn't use alpha for transparency, it just uses one color and it your image has that color in it, it will show through the area where the color is.

If you don't understand this concept, I don't know how else to explain it really. You should use either a white scheme, a background color of the scheme you are using, or you need to create transparent images.
  12.    #112  
    I think I see how they are getting around some of the alpha issues....some of the images use an alpha mask in the 1-bit column. Trans 0 is white. Any part of the image that is in the white are will then show as transparent.

Also looks like we may have to break open the Palm 256 color palette to determine the number for each color.
    Last edited by Mr Man; 11/27/2003 at 02:55 PM.
    Originally posted by Mr Man
    Basically, first you need to follow the instructions on http://www.jakepratt.com/ to use Filez and PRCedit to get access to your files.
    Jake?? Same Jake from back in the day on the I300 forum? If so, good to see you're still hackin' away man!! Loved your hacks for the I300!!

-Toomer
    Toomer
    I too had an issue with being able to end calls or turning the phone feature off or on. I installed the newer version of A2 with the feature buttons and the situation worsened causing me to have to soft reset several times. Luckily I had saved the origional A2 and reinstalled that hack so I could maintain my great dial pad.
    A2 caused alot of dithering so I didn't mind having to reinstall it without the favorites buttons. I have a Sprint T600/C. I love what yall have done, keep up the great work, and I'm looking forward to what you come up with next.
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I love the new layout. Thanx for making it a zip file.

One request, though, I actually liked the sprint connect/disconnect screen. Any way to get that back, but keep changes to dialpad?

Also, it is hard to read the text on the selected (highlighted)favorite buttton. Anyway to make the text black instead of white?

Great work!
    I think this is one of the coolest things going for this or any phone. If someone was to perfect this they could make a pretty penny.

I also wanted to point out that the issue of dithering in dialpad view is real. I normally use wallpaper and I have the dialpad set as the up arrow on the 5 way pad. I installed the aqua2 pad earlier today and decided that it was dithered but it wasn't too bad. A minute ago I got curious to see what it would look like when viewed in the phone view (in place of the wallpaper). The difference is incredible. It was a lot more sharp and cool looking.

My point is that if there is a way to fix this then it is worth trying. I am no design expert but is it possible the answer is to find out size of the dialpad image (since this is stretched out) and design the image to look right at that size . Then in the phone view the image will condense slightly but will probably still look fine.

Just a thought. I hope one you guys figures this out. This level of customization really makes this a great phone.
    Has anyone tried it on a GSM phone? I have one bought from Singapore. Help is much appreciated.
    Just loaded Aqaskin 2 on my GSM orange Treo. Appears to work after 3 resets, but not made /received a call yet.
    I've been using AquaSkin2 all day on my UK Orange Treo... I've received and made calls and everything works fine.

I did delete the existing logo hack PRCs I'd installed first, and the button for turning the radio I did have to soft-reset before wireless mode would turn back on.
    BTW, I've found a color scheme that complements aquaskin2 really nicely...

Go to Preferences > General > Colors

Then select > Basic from the drop down list

It's a white background so it still works perfectly with the dial pad graphics plus the blue highlights and subtle silver menus match the skin perfectly.

Enjoy.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast