Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Oops...

I had a different Phone_logo.prc file loaded...

my mistake...
    FYI - I have updated Aquaskin 2 to include new, aqua-ized Favorites buttons.

See my previous post for a preview of the favorites and download.

I've updated the zip file on the back en. If you download aquaskin 2 now -you'll get the updated favorites as well.

UPDATE: The Favorites buttons look grainy on the phone. I need to find out why.
    Last edited by derek985; 11/26/2003 at 08:38 PM.
    Originally posted by Mr Man
    Your a bit of a thunder snake bro, but good job. I'm out, your welcome.
    If you're referring to the fact that we both did an aqua skin - I apologize but I had no idea that you were doing one too until I was pretty much done with my first. Sorry about that - I really didn't mean to do the same thing.

I appreciated sharing the info with eachother as we found it - it made the whole process faster and easier to deal with.

There's an admin position for you over at Treo 600 Essentials if your're interested - and I don't mean that in a condescending way - I'd love it if you became part of the team. Maybe you'd be interested in administrating the new phone skin section?
    OK - still having dithering issues with the favorites buttons - if anyone has any idea what's going on - please feel free to share.
  5.    #85  
    No sweat, no hard feelings.

Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. Unfortunately, I have my own world to worry about at www.SocomZone.com (not phone related) so I don't think I'd have enough free time to be a good admin for you. Thanks for the offer though, and good luck with your site.

I have a feeling, and I'm sure you noticed it too, that there is a lot more editable areas with all those little spacer images and such. Perhaps the entire background is a tile of one of them?

Also sorry guys for not providing an easier install, I like to teach rather than handout sometimes . I was worried somewhat about file security. Maybe I'll grab another posted .prc file and work from that in the future.
  6.    #86  
    Originally posted by derek985
    OK - still having dithering issues with the favorites buttons - if anyone has any idea what's going on - please feel free to share.
    Are you sure they are saving as 16-bit? did you remove the other checkboxes (like for 8-bit)? That may do it.
    No sweat, no hard feelings.

Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. Unfortunately, I have my own world to worry about at www.SocomZone.com (not phone related) so I don't think I'd have enough free time to be a good admin for you. Thanks for the offer though, and good luck with your site.

I have a feeling, and I'm sure you noticed it too, that there is a lot more editable areas with all those little spacer images and such. Perhaps the entire background is a tile of one of them?

Also sorry guys for not providing an easier install, I like to teach rather than handout sometimes . I was worried somewhat about file security. Maybe I'll grab another posted .prc file and work from that in the future.
    How about a prc from your skin, dont want to replace my carrier logo with dereks
  8.    #88  
    I'm sure he could make a non-Carrier logo version too, but I'll make a .prc version of mine too, I just want to use another Phone.prc and Phone_SPCS.prc as the base because I just am paranoid although I'm sure it's not even a big deal at all. If someone could provide me with some clean base Sprint .prc's, I'll compile em up for you guys.
    Ok... even with the correct phono_logo.prc I'm still getting dithered dial pad. This happens when I reset the Treo 600 then without turning on the wireless mode I go directly to the dial pad I get dithered dial pad.

Anyone else have this problem?
    I'm sure he could make a non-Carrier logo version too, but I'll make a .prc version of mine too, I just want to use another Phone.prc and Phone_SPCS.prc as the base because I just am paranoid although I'm sure it's not even a big deal at all. If someone could provide me with some clean base Sprint .prc's, I'll compile em up for you guys.
    i dont have sprint prc i have gsm do you need those? where would i get them for you, if you do?
  11.    #91  
    Actually I could do the GSM versions too, I just can't test them though because I don't have the GSM phone.

Derek are you doing Sprint and the GSM? I'm not sure which files i would need for GSM, but it is probably just Phone_xxxx.prc and Phone.prc is you have that one.

To get em, you need to use a utility called Filez, which is linked earlier and in the original 600 hack thread.

Are you sure they are saving as 16-bit? did you remove the other checkboxes (like for 8-bit)? That may do it.
    Yes, that's how I do it. 16 bit and no other checkboxes on. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the favorites only support 8 bit as a max.
  13.    #93  
    hmm...possible but it would seem weird that the Favorites section would be any different.
    Originally posted by HumP

How about a prc from your skin, dont want to replace my carrier logo with dereks
    I don't think you understand - if you want the skin to work properly you'll have to replace the carrier logo with mine unless you want a funky looking #1 button. That's the way it works. Sorry.
    i loaded the phone_xxxx.prc off dereks site with the matrix network screens and its working

but would i loose the matrix screens that i have now?
  16.    #96  
    You sure? If you used the original .prc you can just change the #1 and not the carrier logo.
  17.    #97  
    Originally posted by HumP
    i loaded the phone_xxxx.prc off dereks site with the matrix network screens and its working

but would i loose the matrix screens that i have now?
    I don't understand. Basically, the carrier logo and one of the button images (on Sprint at least) are in one .prc file, and the rest of the buttons are in another.

The carrier logo is a seperate change. If you replace that prc, you will replace your carrier logo. if you want a specific carrier logo, you can follow the instructions on the carrier logo hack thread and put any one you want.
    You sure? If you used the original .prc you can just change the #1 and not the carrier logo.
    Sure, he could take my carrier logo prc and just put in whatever graphics he wants or take his own prc and just write my #1 resource to it.

The point is, if he does not want to mod anything it won't work properly.

PS - what's the original file? It could be anything! You know what I mean? There's like 5 different carrier files and a bunch of custom ones now so whatever I do will be right for one person but wrong for another.

They're going tohave to mod them independantly if they want some sort of hybrid.
  19.    #99  
    Ya you're right. That's part of the reason I didn't compile it too, but it's obviously much easier to use the custom edited and compiled .prc's.
    News from the dithering front:

Somehow - the dithering seems to be affected by the status of the wireless connection. If I toggle mine on/off the dithering goes away. I think it either comes back randomly or when service is terminated. Interesting. Strange. Weird. Hmm.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast