Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Sorry to hear that.

Please keep in mind everyone that these files are brand spanking new. Also I've only tested on my Simulator which emulates a Sprint phone, and it works fine.

If it were me, I'd sync it to the phone, do a soft reset and then try the phone app.

Best,
    D.
    Originally posted by derek985
    Here's my finished AQUA SKIN!

It includes a custom carrier logo (with envelope for the phone app) and the replacement phone app itself.)

Is this for Sprint models only? Has anyone tried it on a GSM model?
    I don't know if it's good for sprint only - not enough testing yet.
    Lets see if it even works on the real hardware...

EDIT: Nope, still needs a hard reset.
  5.    #45  
    Did you read the directions I posted? Did you uncheck the boxes? Very important.

Take your time. Mine phone is working perfectly with the modifications, but I did it file by file.
    I'll give it a shot again. Good thing I have backups.
    Originally posted by Mr Man
    Did you read the directions I posted? Did you uncheck the boxes? Very important.

Take your time. Mine phone is working perfectly with the modifications, but I did it file by file.
    Problem is that ROM protected files cannot be modified (fileZ). How do you do it, unchecking "Read Only? "
    Same problem as elysian.

We're trying to edit the ROM file or what?

EDIT:

This is where I smack my forehead.

YOu're supposed to uncheck the boxes on the phone.prc file in the zipfile using prcedit, then sync it on over!

EDIT yet again:

derek, to hold me over until Mr man does his hack, and a heads up for it, could you paste the source files into the 16 bit portion of the bitmap? Dithering it down to 8 bit through PRCEdit makes them look like ***, but putting it in as 16 bit makes them look a heck of a lot better.

ALMOST THERE!

ANTI DOUBLE POST ACTION!!!

http://gallery.ksilebo.com/randpic/IMG_0020_001

Thats a pic I took with my digital camera that might best depict the dithering. Its the max quality my camera can take, but the link goes to a preview, click on the preview to get the whole thing. You'll see what I mean.
    Last edited by Ksilebo; 11/26/2003 at 06:39 PM.
    Originally posted by Ksilebo
    Same problem as elysian.
    derek, to hold me over until Mr man does his hack, and a heads up for it, could you paste the source files into the 16 bit portion of the bitmap? Dithering it down to 8 bit through PRCEdit makes them look like ***, but putting it in as 16 bit makes them look a heck of a lot better.

ALMOST THERE!
    Huh? all my images ARE in the 16 bit section. What are you asking for?
  10.    #50  
    I am done. My phone went from a car to a Lamborghini. Like I said, I'm not putting up the .prc files (even though I know what you said about them "probably" not containing private info) but I'm telling you guys if you just take a little time and go through it step by step, it really isn't as hard as it may look. If someone else wants to post .prc files, be my guest. I think I made the directions pretty clear, and it works for sure. Most of it is just repetitive, but you have to be sure to do the settings correctly.
    Odd when I open them up in PRCEdit, they say they're 8bit...
    Per request, I unchecked the read only bit on the PRC's, re-zipped, and re-uploaded.

If this was the cause of the hard reset, it should take care of it.

You can use my original links to download it again.

D.
    Odd when I open them up in PRCEdit, they say they're 8bit...
    1350-1351 are all 16 bit and these are the aqua buttons.
    All the other 13XX resources are 8 bit because there's just NO NEED for 16 bit. They're just black and white number labels with the exception of #1 because it has the envelope which has like 4 colors in it.
    Originally posted by derek985
    Per request, I unchecked the read only bit on the PRC's, re-zipped, and re-uploaded.

If this was the cause of the hard reset, it should take care of it.

You can use my original links to download it again.

D.
    Worked for me. Pain free. No hard reset. You guys are amazing! Thank you!

Take a break, then go for another phone skin... just kidding.
    Perhaps I should have gotten more than 4 hours of sleep this morning.

In the process of doing Mr man's images into my phone.prc file....
    Originally posted by elysian9

Worked for me. Pain free. No hard reset. You guys are amazing! Thank you!

Take a break, then go for another phone skin... just kidding.
    Whew!

Now that you've done it, I feel confident enough to put it on my own phone - JUST KIDDING!
    Derek,

Noticed that although the main phone app page looks great, the dial pad page is extremely dithered. Hmm...
  18.    #58  
    This is what the actual finished version looks like.

http://www.socomzone.com/treo600/sho...shock_aqua.jpg

Patience...
    Last edited by Mr Man; 11/26/2003 at 11:40 PM.
    Originally posted by elysian9
    Derek,

Noticed that although the main phone app page looks great, the dial pad page is extremely dithered. Hmm...
    Aha! See, it stretches it when you have it just as the dial pad...thats why its dithered!

I have a wallpaper up for mine, thats why I didnt see it how it should have been.

Aha! See, it stretches it when you have it just as the dial pad...thats why its dithered!

I have a wallpaper up for mine, thats why I didnt see it how it should have been.
    I have NO idea what you guys are talking about. Whats the difference between the main phone app page and the dial pad?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast