Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just discovered this trick, not sure if everyone else knows this or not but if it is already known, oh well.

I was chatting with WeeBitObsessed today and I lamented that I often use Pocket Tunes in the background, and I need a simple way to pause it, turn the volume down, etc. whithout leaving the app I am in.

He mentioned that you can set pTunes to popup in a mimimum window (1/5 the screen) on a hard button press (customized).

I have further discovered that you can assign this hard button to a program WITHOUT changing the quicklaunch keystroke for that button, AND if you want the minimum-window pockettunes to close, just hit spacebar.

Reading over this post, I admit this may not seem clear. Try it.

Go to PTunes- select Menu, then B, now "Bring up console" assign it to your SMS button (even if you reassigned that button) Now go to calendar, then try the hard button assigned to the envelope while music is playing. To kill the mini- window hit spacebar.

Cool?

[p.s.- sorry if I accidentally crossposted this, I tried to delete the one in Treo Utilities but kept getting page not found error]
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I can just see this crashing lots of Treo 600s
    Originally posted by mgauss
    Well, I can see this killing lots of innocent children ...but then, I have a rather vivid imagination.

Also -- Hey, that's cool, duder! Thanks.
    Originally posted by mgauss
    Crashed mine. I upgraded to PTunes 2.1 and it still crashed
    www.gsmworld.com
    Originally posted by snerdy

Well, I can see this killing lots of innocent children ...but then, I have a rather vivid imagination.

Also -- Hey, that's cool, duder! Thanks.

I used to be able to walk until I tried crazyray's damn "cool new(?) pocketunes trick!" Now look at me! Crippled for life. I also scalded my tongue on some hot coffee from McDonalds the same day. Why do they make hot coffee hot?

In any event, I'm going to sue crazyray, McDonald's and everyone that posts to this thead for their reckless, malicious endangerment. Papers will be served on Monday.
    was already selected and assigned to power button, and works great. to switch the screen off one has just to hit that button twice, or use the other button on top of the device.
    Originally posted by The Chupacabra
    In any event, I'm going to sue
    Ooo, ooo -- sue me first!
    Originally posted by snerdy

Ooo, ooo -- sue me first!

One at a time kids! There's plenty of lawyers left to sue all of you.

By the way, how come crazyray doesn't come around any more? If you see him, please give him this "letter" for me.
    Originally posted by nzmoko

Crashed mine. I upgraded to PTunes 2.1 and it still crashed
    Works now... I was assigning the SMS key and this was causing the crash. Assigned the Power key and all good now.

I have VolumeRocker so I can use the Treo volume buttons to control the PTunes volume.
    www.gsmworld.com
    Originally posted by The Chupacabra
    By the way, how come crazyray doesn't come around any more?
    ...Because he's crazy?
    Well thanks for nothing.......... I assigned it to the SMS key and my truck jumped into drive and crashed into a pillow factory....

No really...... thanks, nice tip....
    Matt
    re the volume control of the pop-up: you can also control the volume (and all the standard PT functions, actually) via the nav pad. The nav pad performs on the pop-up just as it always does in the normal window.
    I didn't know, though, that the space bar is used to shut down the pop-up - that's good to know...
    Originally posted by crazyray
    I just discovered this trick, not sure if everyone else knows this or not but if it is already known, oh well.

I was chatting with WeeBitObsessed today and I lamented that I often use Pocket Tunes in the background, and I need a simple way to pause it, turn the volume down, etc. whithout leaving the app I am in.

He mentioned that you can set pTunes to popup in a mimimum window (1/5 the screen) on a hard button press (customized).

I have further discovered that you can assign this hard button to a program WITHOUT changing the quicklaunch keystroke for that button, AND if you want the minimum-window pockettunes to close, just hit spacebar.

Reading over this post, I admit this may not seem clear. Try it.

Go to PTunes- select Menu, then B, now "Bring up console" assign it to your SMS button (even if you reassigned that button) Now go to calendar, then try the hard button assigned to the envelope while music is playing. To kill the mini- window hit spacebar.

Cool?

[p.s.- sorry if I accidentally crossposted this, I tried to delete the one in Treo Utilities but kept getting page not found error]
    Yep. A great feature that is documented in the PTunes manual.

I keep that feature mapped to my keyguard button and have no problems with it.

The latest release now allows this feature to work as well while using Blazer.
    AWESOME TRICK!
    I am going to post it in the treo1 Tips page!
    Jim@treo1.com
    <a href="http://treo1.com">
    treo1.com
    One Stop, plain and simple
    <a href="http://treo1.com/index650.htm"> Visit our new Treo650 optimized site!!</a>
    <a href="http://palmoscentral.com"> Visit our new website palmOSCentral.com!</a>
  15.    #15  
    if it is crashing, try temporarily disabling volume rocker. now see if it works.

now- try reassinging the miniwindow to a different hard button.

when you get it stable you should be able to soft reset then reenable volume rocker
    I've been using the power (keyguard) button to bring up the console for about a week now and it seems like the ideal button to use. The space bar trick seems cool at first, but I can't see any real need for it.
    cferd, Your in an app like Memo or Calander and you want to turn down the volume or advance to the next track, on ecan hit the key guard (if mapped), then the console pops up, you can then tap the volume down and then hit the space bar to make the console go away.
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    cferd, Your in an app like Memo or Calander and you want to turn down the volume or advance to the next track, on ecan hit the key guard (if mapped), then the console pops up, you can then tap the volume down and then hit the space bar to make the console go away.
    Thanks for the info. It IS a bit more convenient hitting the space bar rather than tapping the on-screen OK tab.
    I don't know what county you live in (here or abroad), but being a "lazy american" myself, I like to save the .025 seconds LOL
    Have a good one!! Matt

Cut's down on screen slime too...
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I've been using that for a while now, but I can't get it to work in Avantgo, since I have the Big 4 hotkey's mapped for Avantgo navigation.

It's too bad that other keys cannot be mapped instead of the 4.

And while I'm on my wish list, I wish that the playlist in PocketTunes could be more flexible. Since I only have a 256MB card, I am switching songs on a daily basis.

I would like a feature that just says "play all songs in the audio folder" rather than having to go to a playlist, delete all and then reselect all.

My playlist is basically the contents of the card, until a 10GB SD card is developed (and I can afford it!)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast