1.    #1  
    I was thinking it would be really sweet if there was a hack that could add a key caps hack as well as a hard key hack. So if you held down a hard key after the treo was on it would launch the option.
    Most would want the mail button to stay the way it is. I just think holding in the phone button to launch a browser would be kewl.
    Umm...KeyCaps600 already does the key caps and you can use an app like HBX via Tealmaster to launch various apps via the hard keys...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    try slowlaunch. it's a hack too!
    try quick switch, qlaunch, or single button launcher.
    Originally posted by ProDucer
    I was thinking it would be really sweet if there was a hack that could add a key caps hack as well as a hard key hack. So if you held down a hard key after the treo was on it would launch the option.
    Most would want the mail button to stay the way it is. I just think holding in the phone button to launch a browser would be kewl.
    maybe you already know this but...

You can assign function modifier keys to the hard keys. In fact, I have my browser assigned to the option/phone key.

Just go to preferences -> buttons

You'll see a list of press buttons and option+buttons

Assign away.
    is there an app out there that can launch an application on an extended press of the keyboard buttons?

I know this works when you are in the phone application... but i want something that works outside

-n
  7.    #7  
    thanks qlaunch works!
    All noobs click here
    Originally posted by wolfbeast
    is there an app out there that can launch an application on an extended press of the keyboard buttons?

I know this works when you are in the phone application... but i want something that works outside

-n
    Yes, there is an app called Treobutler that does this. You can download it here.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Umm...KeyCaps600 already does the key caps and you can use an app like HBX via Tealmaster to launch various apps via the hard keys...
    Update:
    We have just released HBX 3.0 which now does not need any hack manager on Palm OS 5 (it is a standalone application now).
    Please visit: www.ranosoft.net/hbx
    There is a great alternative that I use that hasn't been mentioned on Treocentral yet, it is called Button Launcher check out:

http://www.lexansoft.com/palm/products.jsp

This utility lets you assign up to 9 applications per hard button and its extremely easy to set up and use, best of all its only $6.95.

If you would like more functionality they have a product called Palm commander that includes all the functionality of button launcer as well as File manager, ZIP/UnZIP, and System Configurator for $14.95.

I do not have any affiliation with the company other than being a happy user of their Launcher product. BTW...It works perfectly with the Treo .
    No good deed goes unpunished