Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anybody had any experience with the Covertec line of cases for the Treo 600?. The cell-phone style case seemed particularly nice, better designed than the Bellagio (which appears to cover the camera lens).
    Here is a quick review from someone who is in the Singapore area and received his.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...=covertec.html

Ordered mine 11/04 from Mobile Planet and still waiting. 11/28 is their current ETA.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  3.    #3  
    If I understand this correctly, there is access to the headset jack; it's a little forced, but should ease up with time.

Also, the plastic shield impedes stylus use somewhat. (One thing I liked about the comparable Bellagio case was the lack of plastic, but the strap covered part of the camera lens.)

Do you think it's possible to remove the plastic (carefully, like with a razor blade) if it turns out to be a nuiscance?

Any takers?
    Originally posted by cyranoa
    If I understand this correctly, there is access to the headset jack; it's a little forced, but should ease up with time.

Also, the plastic shield impedes stylus use somewhat. (One thing I liked about the comparable Bellagio case was the lack of plastic, but the strap covered part of the camera lens.)

Do you think it's possible to remove the plastic (carefully, like with a razor blade) if it turns out to be a nuiscance?

Any takers?
    Of course you can cut out the plastic that covers the screen.
    I did the same thing with my nokia 3650, except I cut out the plastic covering the keypad.

Any takers?
    There is a 99% chance that this is what I planned to do with the case if I ever get the freakin thing!
    To me this looked like the best designed case for the 600 but I'm not into the plastic coverings. I'll let you know if I remove the plastic and what the outcome is.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I can't wait to get mine. If it ships out Friday maybe we'll have them by the middle of next week. I ordered the RED one. Not only for the "cool" factor but I have trouble finding my phone in my purse and this should help in that area.

I had the Handspring form-fitting case and returned it. It was really hard to use the stylus around the edges close to the leather. I am really hoping this Covertec case is not the same way. The plastic was stitched up to the leather up away from the screen so you really had to press down HARD to get to the screen. (if that makes sense)
    Originally posted by Llynx
    I can't wait to get mine. If it ships out Friday maybe we'll have them by the middle of next week.
    If you ordered it from Mobile Planet, their web site is now updated with a 12-04-2003 availability. Argghhhh!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Yeah the waiting game with Mobile Planet is getting old. I wonder if there is a way to order from overseas directly from Covertec?
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    I ordered mine today from their website..I live in UK.. so will let you know how long it takes to arrive. Part of the trouble in buying a case for the treo is that you can't get them in shops so don't have the chance to have a proper look first. This means having to buy them blind so to speak, based on photos off the websites and any reviews..which are of course very subjective.
    Well I too got fed up with waiting for any kind of case to turn up in the UK, and I didn't really want to pay $50 + shipping for most of the decent looking cases.

The handspring cases don't look all that exciting, but having just bought a cradle from Dans Cellular Accessories on eBay I've now discovered he's selling the H/S cases for $10.99. So I've ordered both and I'm sure between the two I'll be happy........ and $30 richer!
  11.    #11  
    By the way, what's wrong with the Handspring form fit case?

You can get it on E-Bay for maybe $10.

I can't tell if it has access to the headset jack, though, and it definitely has a plastic shield (but so does the Covertec).

Also, any thoughts about covering/not covering the camera lens?

I'd like some protection (like a lenscap?) but easy access too.

Can't seem to find all the right features in one case.
    The Handspring form fit case has a flap on the back that covers the camera lens and folds down for photo taking.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
  13.    #13  
    That's great, but does it allow access to the headset jack?
    That's great, but does it allow access to the headset jack?
    Yes
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    My friend here at work that has the case let me take a look, and yes there is a headset access, also. My only gripe with the case is that when it is closed up and hanging on your belt, the rear speaker is slightly covered which hampers the ability to hear the phone ring. Plus, I like the fact that the belt clip mounting is totally removable on the Covertec.
    Charles

I have been using mine for a couple of days and been quite pleased with it.

The only mild annoyance that I have with it is the portion of the plastic that covers the screen. As cyranoa rightly pointed it out, the plastic is about ~2mm above the screen. This make it very difficult to select text precisely or press buttons near the edges of the screen.

Another unpleasant side effect is that the tension on the plastic forces one to press hard to get to the screen. It is quite easy to press too hard and press down the soft LCD screen. There is no visible permanent indentation on the screen so far, but I am not sure if there will be any problem long term.

I would have removed the portion of the plastic that cover the screen if not for fear that the side of the case may open up and will not fit the Treo as well as it does now. I suspect that the clear plastic help hold the side of the case together, thus removing it may weaken the case.

If there is any brave soul out there who has done this successfully, please share your result.

Cheers,
    Akarin
    Im waiting for some screen protectors to arrive and as soon as they do, Im removing the plastic protector on the Handspring case.

I thought I had seen elsewhere in another thread that someone did this with no problems afterwards. While it may allow the sides some leway, the phone fits pretty tight so it may be taunt enough to keep the case sides reasonably intact.

If not, back to Ebay for another $10.99 purchase I guess. I really want an aftermarket case but none of the ones Ive seen do much for me.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Anybody out there have the Treo 600 Horizontal case from Covertec. Can you connect the earbug with the treo in the case and the straped fastened??? Does anybody have a good case that does not have the plastic covering, but can still protect the screen?????
    I finally had enough of the plastic covering the screen, so a razor came out and the plastic is now gone.

The result is better than I had thought. As I had suspected, the leather on both side and top of the screen open up slightly. Still the case still fits the treo quite well overall.

I've attached a picture of the finished product in case some of you would like to see what it looks like.

- Akarin
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I did the same thing with the form fitting case from handspring and it works fine also hated that plastic in front

Fred
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast