1.    #1  
    I got a sandisk 256 meg sd card, that i used a sandisk reader to fill with mp3 files.

When i place into treo it is not seeing the files. Is there a special way to install the MP3 files on SD card so Treo can read it.

I also have pocket tunes, and it is not seeing the files either.

Thanks for your help
    Originally posted by oclin627
    I got a sandisk 256 meg sd card, that i used a sandisk reader to fill with mp3 files.

When i place into treo it is not seeing the files. Is there a special way to install the MP3 files on SD card so Treo can read it.

I also have pocket tunes, and it is not seeing the files either.

Thanks for your help
    This seems to be a problem that some are having and some are not. I have the sandisk 512mb and sandisk reader and it does not work either. The only solution so far (for me) has been to use Hot Sync instead...although it is very slow.
    Did you put them in the right directory? The mp3's should be in the AUDIO/ directory on your card...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Formatting the card in the Treo, then copying the files onto the card using an external card reader (for speed) worked for me.

To format, go to Apps, then choose your card from the category menu, then menu/info, then choose your card, then choose more, then menu/format.

There must be an easier way.

I don't have them in an AUDIO directory and they play fine.
    Last edited by Preston; 11/26/2003 at 11:52 PM.
    I've tried both of the above suggestions, but no luck. I don't think the problem lies within the Treo though. The files won't play on the computer from the reader either.

Some files play, some don't. The ones that don't show a zero playing time, even though they are on the card.
    Mine works fine with the Pocket Tunes. I did format the card in the Treo berfore use and then used my card reader to place MP3's into a folder named Audio which is inside my Palm folder.

Upon first start up with Pocket Tunes, I got the menu to select the sub folder of Palm and Voila, I was happily listening.

I did get the adapter from Radio Shack to use my regular stereo earbuds.
    Gene
    So far I have not had a problem loading the MP3's into the scandisk. The question I have is what has been everyones experience been at how many MP3's can be loaded into a 256k card?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Pete
    The number of MP3s depends on the length of the songs and the compression ratio in kbps, which will also vary depending on the app you use to create your MP3s.
    I had the same problem with my Sandisk. When I hotsynched it to try out Pocket Tunes things worked fine - but one album took forever. So I tried using a card reader and put my MP3's in the AUDIO file, but alas no cigar.

Then I found a button on the skin that came with it on the lower right corner which looks a bitt like a card (above a we triangle button.

Press this... Or go to Menu / Actions / Playlist (/L)

Do it now....

Now you can make a new play list by selecting "New"

Press "Add Song"....

And select you songs and name your playlist(s). Now "Save List" and "Select" the list you want to listen to. (Assuming you have left your MP3's in the AUDIO folder!)

That ought to do it methinks! I hope the above makes sense.

Good luck...