1.    #1  
    Is there a way to hotsync with your home PC using the network hotsync 4.0 that is on the treo 600.

I set up all the info including my home PC-name & IP address and I cant connect. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    read both of them and they are way too technical

talk about router and stuff

just want to know if I can do it with my Hoem PC and a treo 600 . I dont have a router
    "Too technical?" You should... Aw, screw it -- no. Wireless Hotsynch is not a very user-frendly feature, so if you're feeling challenged by all that crazy, crazy talk about routers, then the answer for you is no. Okay, guy? Just no.
    Originally posted by snerdy
    "Too technical?" You should... Aw, screw it -- no. Wireless Hotsynch is not a very user-frendly feature, so if you're feeling challenged by all that crazy, crazy talk about routers, then the answer for you is no. Okay, guy? Just no.
    That was really helpful
    Originally posted by VaccPalm
    read both of them and they are way too technical

talk about router and stuff

just want to know if I can do it with my Hoem PC and a treo 600 . I dont have a router
    Did you even read mitchema's instructions? He clearly lists instructions for and w/o routers. The nature of the whole thing is technical!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by Slick50
    That was really helpful
    Well, heck -- it wasn't meant to be helpful. I'll try harder next time.

Actually, I was trying (and failing) to do a wireless sync with my Treo when I read this thread. It definitely does work and really isn't all that difficult, even with a router. DHCP (or whatever order those letters are supposed to be in) is a bit of a pain, and was the very thing that screwed my wireless sync up this evening -- the LAN IP address of my PC has changed since last time I had ...uh, "sunc" my Treo and so it was a big old no go for me.

Right now I am back at home and have fixed the port forwarding for the syncer-dealie, so I'm doing the obvious thing -- wireless syncing my Treo even though I'm sitting next to the freakin' computer.

This is a very, very useful feature. Also, slow.