Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    When I said "the other pictures", what I really meant was before I installed qedit.... the few pictures I've taken indicate that reducing the compression level with qedit makes a big difference. What I was looking for is what is the equivalent qedit compression level that the camera uses by default (before installing qedit)....
    Originally posted by stecz
    What I was looking for is what is the equivalent qedit compression level that the camera uses by default (before installing qedit)....
    How can I transfer a jpg file (say 300k) onto the Treo? I simply dragged it into the Treo Picture file on my desktop and hotsynced but it did not transfer it to the Treo.
    Originally posted by Advance The Man
    How can I transfer a jpg file (say 300k) onto the Treo? I simply dragged it into the Treo Picture file on my desktop and hotsynced but it did not transfer it to the Treo.
    Put it on a an SD card and then view it with the pictures app and do a MOVE.
    Carl
    <thanks BigH>
    Last edited by treo geek; 01/06/2004 at 11:10 PM.
    ditto.... thanks BigH
    Carl
    Originally posted by Advance The Man
    Can you hotsync smaller photos over to the treo? The size of the picture doesn't matter. In can be larger than 64 kB. You should still be able to hotsync it.

That said, I think using an SD card is easier.

H
    I agree, I thought it would work simply hotsynching, but it didn't. I'll try to import it from a SD card.
    Any chance you'd be willing to post the source to your little tool bigH? I'm interested in seeing if we can tweek any of the other settings on the camera, and I figure your code would be a good starting place. I'll give back anything I manage to make with your code (or GPL/whatever it if you like)..
    I get gibberish when I click on the link. I run a Mac in OSX. What do I do? Also there is this discussion of how to manipulate size of pics. How do you do this. Thanks. LEE
    Originally posted by LEE SOLOW
    I get gibberish when I click on the link. I run a Mac in OSX. What do I do? Thanks. LEE
    Try holding down the option key when you click on the link.

Bill S
    I see a difference. Thanks. What else do you have up your sleeve?
    Thank you! Bless you! I can now use my camera!
    Nice utility! While certainly not visible on the Treo, there is definitely a difference when cranked up.

The difference I noticed between 65 and 99 was amazing when blown up, not quite as striking at 1:1, but some slight detail stuck out in my test pictures. Of course, the file size was over 9x larger (21k vs. 189k), but with all the SD storage we have these days, who worries about that?

- Mike
    Has anyone tried it on their Treo600? I am hoping that it will work, but am hesitant to install it.
    The qset app?

I use it on my treo. . . works great.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

I installed the Qset App and changed the settings to 99. I don't seem to see difference in the image quality. I am getting larger images, but they are the same resolution and about the same quality as before. Shouldn't they be bigger?
    Originally posted by xanderh
    I installed the Qset App and changed the settings to 99. I don't seem to see difference in the image quality. I am getting larger images, but they are the same resolution and about the same quality as before. Shouldn't they be bigger?
    from what i understand, it doesn't change the resolution. qset just changes the compression (this is why the file is bigger).

the images should look different on your desktop, not on your treo.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I have found that the qset utility does make a noticeable change in the quality of the pictures when they are viewed on my computer. As everyone has mentioned the setting of 90 seems to work the best.
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    > Why is 99 the cap?
    I've got one that goes up to 11, because 11 is one louder, isn't it?

-Nigel

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast