1.    #1  
    Hi,

I just bought a Treo 600 with Orange in the UK and was wondering how I could know that I have missed calls or SMS. Because when I receive a call and miss it (or an SMS), the screen switches on, then switches off after a minute or so - making it impossible for me to know that I missed a call next time I look at my Treo.

Do you have the same problem or did you find a way to solve it ?

Thanks a lot
    Whenever you have a voice message or SMS you should see a flashing astrisk in the upper left hand corner of the screen. When you tap it it will take you to an "Alerts" screen and show you what you missed.
    myline = Treo650 w/SprintPCS
    Originally posted by norpah
    Whenever you have a voice message or SMS you should see a flashing astrisk in the upper left hand corner of the screen. When you tap it it will take you to an "Alerts" screen and show you what you missed.
    Isn't that asterisk a Sprint-specific thing? Don't know yet myself -- my 600 is on it's way...
    no, it's on my cingular gsm too
    You need to download TreoAlertMgr to give your Treo the ability to nag you about missed calls and sms's. It is an essential app for the Treo and I just can't understand why Handspring didn't already integrate this functionality into the device.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    Thanks a lot, that's very helpful. That's indeed very strange that it's not standard on Orange - whereas it seems to be on Sprint and Cingular.

Huy
    Originally posted by huy
    Thanks a lot, that's very helpful. That's indeed very strange that it's not standard on Orange - whereas it seems to be on Sprint and Cingular.

Huy
    I have an Orange Treo 600, and I get the flashing asterisk, so it's not Sprint/Cingular specific.
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    You need to download TreoAlertMgr to give your Treo the ability to nag you about missed calls and sms's. It is an essential app for the Treo and I just can't understand why Handspring didn't already integrate this functionality into the device.
    Just to inform: it costs $14.95 (a trial version can be downloaded, won't alert you after 15 days of testing it without registering).
    A free alternative is to use a very long ringtone which has very long silent pauses in between a ring, so it alerts you every 5, 10, 15 minutes or 1 or more hours.

I'm not sure how large a ringtone you can have, but this long one will be smallish in size as it is mostly made up of silence.

Someone made one and posted about it here on Treo Central.

Now where's that thread gone...