Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just wanted to let everyone know the following improvements have been made to Cool Weather, which can be found at: http://www.hiddentreasurehosting.com/weather/
    • Now you can enter the zip code, or if you dont know it, the city and it will look it up for you. It should also work worldwide, not just the US. So now anyone can use Cool Weather.
    • Information now taken from weather.com xml feed instead of the screen scraping method Cool Weather v1.0 used.
    • Extra text has been added to future forecast to make clear what the pictures stand for.
    • Future forecast is now 5 days.
    • Chance of precipitation has been added to the future forecast.
    • Added sunrise and sunset times for the current day.
    • Also if you had previously bookmarked a city, it should still work and be automatically updated to Cool Weather v2.0.
    • And a few other minor changes.

I think this covers all the improvements that were requested. If there's anything else people think of that might be useful, please post it. I tried to keep the layout nice and clean because I dont want it to get cluttered like other weather sites. Let me know how you guys like Cool Weather v2.0!
    Great job...thanks!

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Cool.
    Damn, you must have just updated it within the last hour because I just was using it...
    Originally posted by wahooka
    [B[*]Added sunrise and sunset times for the current day.

[/B]

This is a terrific addition, specially for our island guests. Mahalo!
    Ed
    Nicely done!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Very nice website. One problem thou. I checked it out and put my zip code as it asks. It says that here in Miami, Florida the low is 64 degrees. To me it is no where close to that. I checked with Weather.com and they say the low is 73 degrees which is about right. Any ideas?
  8.    #8  
    damigs i am also in miami and a student at um. ;-)

there should not be any variation from weather.com because the information is taken from their feed. are you sure you checked the same zip code for cool weather and weather.com?

i have checked many various places and compared weather.com and cool weather and it always matched up.

what zip code are you checking? i will check and see if i can see any kind of discrepency.

thanks for the compliments all, i'm glad the site comes in handy for you
  9.    #9  
    also i checked 33146 (coral gables in florida, basically miami) and the low on weather.com and cool weather was the same.... 68 degrees

let me know what zip you are checking
    Originally posted by wahooka
    Just wanted to let everyone know the following improvements have been made to Cool Weather, which can be found at: http://www.hiddentreasurehosting.com/weather/
    [list]

I think this covers all the improvements that were requested. If there's anything else people think of that might be useful, please post it. I tried to keep the layout nice and clean because I dont want it to get cluttered like other weather sites. Let me know how you guys like Cool Weather v2.0!
    Is there any way to switch to metric? I don't see that option on www.weather.com, so I guess not. Nice, simple design for your site. I hope you keep it like this. I'll be bookmarking your site when my $300 Amazon Treo 600 ;-) arrives.
    Thanks for updating your site with all the improvement. It's definately goign to be the weather site I'm going to check with.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    my zip code is 33157. Like I mentioned it was 10 degrees off yesterday. glad to hear back from you. By the way GO CANES!!

fello Miamian!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
    Great Job! Make this good resource even better.
    Don't forget its also available on the front page #0
    on http://treo1.com
    Also treocentral forums are linked there too! #9
    Jim@treo1.com
    <a href="http://treo1.com">
    treo1.com
    One Stop, plain and simple
    <a href="http://treo1.com/index650.htm"> Visit our new Treo650 optimized site!!</a>
    <a href="http://palmoscentral.com"> Visit our new website palmOSCentral.com!</a>
  14.    #14  
    damigs, just to follow up.

i checked your zip code for cool weather and weather.com, they are exactly the same. although i was not able to check yesterday when you said you had the problem.

the only thing i can think of is that there could have been a problem with the weather.com xml feed yesterday. if you notice any more discrepencies let me know, but i highly doubt there will be any.

also just viewing it for the upcoming week, looks to be getting a little bit cold at night in miami. i hope the weather men are wrong about that.

cheers
    wahooka,

I've had off and on problems connecting to Cool Weather lately. Is something happening on your end or is it a problem on my end? Anyone else having any issues?

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I can't get to it now either.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Gee, it's only two years old.. Heh.
  18.    #18  
    its two years old but still kickin

sorry for the downtime, my isp sucked and i switched.

expect it back up and working in the next day.

glad you guys still find it useful
    Strangely, I can access the site on my PC but not in Blazer. Tuesday AM EST.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Strangely, I can access the site on my PC but not in Blazer. Tuesday AM EST.
    I can also access it on my PC. I just tried blazer and now instead of an error msg I'm getting a blank screen. Do you think that means it's coming back up?
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast