1.    #1  
    according to Handspring c/s---the speed of the data service of tmo will be slower if u use the cingularized treo 600 with tmo SIM.

anyone tried this yet ? and what u have to say ?

so far i remember-- actual users gave thumbs up for tmo voice service on cingularized treo 600.

now time to check the data service.
    Met fellow treocentral user TommyGreen yesterday for lunch. He popped his T-mo sim and not only did data work instantly without any headache, his data was way faster than I got native on cingular (of course the cingular GSM network is only a couple months old around here).

It worked without a hiccup.

David
    I have no true point of comparison between Cingular GSM and TMO, but the data connection on my Cingularized Treo 600 is screaming with my TMO SIM. Especially in comparison to the Treo 270 I used previously.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I'm using TMO in a Cingular phone. Everything has worked great. No setup, very reliable and fast enough.

The unknown is if the native TMO units will be much faster for some reason. That would be a bummer of course, but I sure am glad to have this thing in the mean time and I am very glad I didnt wait.
    Originally posted by djs_tx
    Met fellow treocentral user TommyGreen yesterday for lunch. He popped his T-mo sim and not only did data work instantly without any headache, his data was way faster than I got native on cingular (of course the cingular GSM network is only a couple months old around here).

It worked without a hiccup.

David
    Agreed! I was impressed, and thankful that I went ahead and placed my order for the Cingular version. (Which is "awaiting shipment" at the moment...)

Originally posted by flipp
    I have no true point of comparison between Cingular GSM and TMO, but the data connection on my Cingularized Treo 600 is screaming with my TMO SIM. Especially in comparison to the Treo 270 I used previously.
    Same here; my TMo SIM in David's Cingular 600 worked flawlessly, as he stated above. Not only was the speed of data blazingly fast (pardon the pun), but the time to connect to TMo internet was easily 1/3 the time it took on my 270.

Looking forward to my delivery!
    Are you able to view the T-Zones homepage at http://wap.myvoicestream.com via Blazer on a Cingular T600 using you T-Mobile SIM card?
    No it doesn't work and it didn't work with the Treo 270 either. I found by looking at my 270, that you can go to https://www.tmobile.com/mytmobile and this brings you to the T-Zones login. I can use this to look at my account, etc.. but for some reason when I click on the link for the T-Zones settings it doesn't work and can't find the page. Haven't figured that part out yet.

Originally posted by jskier
    Are you able to view the T-Zones homepage at http://wap.myvoicestream.com via Blazer on a Cingular T600 using you T-Mobile SIM card?
    The T-Zones setting page is different from the wap.myvoicestream.com page. I think the problem is because Blazer can view WAP and HTML pages. I think the wap.myvoicestream.com only works on a WAP ONLY browser. I have the same problem on my P800 where it works on the P800 browser (WAP only) but doesn't work on Opera on my P800.
    Bummer that this doesn't work, but there are more useful WAP portals than the T-Mobile one anyway....

Originally posted by bcaslis
    No it doesn't work and it didn't work with the Treo 270 either. I found by looking at my 270, that you can go to https://www.tmobile.com/mytmobile and this brings you to the T-Zones login. I can use this to look at my account, etc.. but for some reason when I click on the link for the T-Zones settings it doesn't work and can't find the page. Haven't figured that part out yet.

I agree that T-Zones is a wap only thing, but I can view other wap sites fine on the 600. There's something special that T-Mobile does with access to T-Zones, just like AT&T does something special with access to their mmode. The page I found is the one that is preset in a T-Mobile Treo 270. Note also that for PocketPC devices, you normally go to www.tmobile.com/pocketpc which leads to the same page. So this something special to access this that either I'm missing or T-Mobile needs to "active" for the Treo 600 I think.

Originally posted by jskier
    The T-Zones setting page is different from the wap.myvoicestream.com page. I think the problem is because Blazer can view WAP and HTML pages. I think the wap.myvoicestream.com only works on a WAP ONLY browser. I have the same problem on my P800 where it works on the P800 browser (WAP only) but doesn't work on Opera on my P800.
    Bummer that this doesn't work, but there are more useful WAP portals than the T-Mobile one anyway....

Not certain about this, but I think mobile access (not from your PC) to T-Zones is an extra charge, $4.99/month above your monthly Internet fees.

You also a need T-Zones compatible phone, and no former Treo was/is. One would need to call TMO Wireless Data and ask specifically about the Treo 600 and T-Zones. It's possible.

http://www.t-mobile.com/services/tzo...iew.asp?nav=hm

Probably, this is something Treo 600 users do not really need, as Palm sw can give you everything T-Zones offers and better/faster. (Also, you can access T-zones from your desktop, if, for example, you want to setup recurring SMS messages/reminders for weather, spots, movies, etc. I've got a recurring morning T-Zones SMS set to fire me the morning local weather to my Treo 600.)