1.    #1  
    I just got an email from Handspring and now I have the status of "Awaiting Shipment".

So HS is now processing orders placed on Nov the 13th for the Cingular version.

Joxes
    Last edited by joxes; 11/26/2003 at 02:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Yes, I ordered my first one on November 12 - got a notice today that the order had been "received" and just checked and it's awaiting shipment.

As a side note, I got the notice while waiting for "The Haunted Mansion" to start (no way would my kids wait to see it - managed to keep them out of the 11:00 a.m. show though and had lunch first!). I tried to check the status through Blazer on my 270. The status page crashed Blazer, and now whenever I try to just open Blazer the phone does a soft reset! Oh well, I'm sure in a day or two I can do a hard reset on the 270 and not care <g>.

Danita
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    A second order that I placed on 11/20 has just had credit card approval. They must be catching up quickly now.

Danita
    I ordered on the 19th and just noticed the same change in status. I got pretty excited until I realized that this just means that the warehouse has been told to send it out. But if there aren't any units in the warehouse we just might see this status for the next two weeks. Let's hope I'm wrong (as usual).
    Originally posted by boardoe
    ... But if there aren't any units in the warehouse we just might see this status for the next two weeks. Let's hope I'm wrong (as usual).
    oooh nooooo.... didn't think about that. Too excited to see my 11/20 order change from order received to credit card approved to awaiting shipment, all in the last few hours. But -- HS stated that the CC wouldn't get charged until the unit shipped. Here's to hoping we all receive our Christmas present early!!!
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Originally posted by boardoe
    I ordered on the 19th and just noticed the same change in status. I got pretty excited until I realized that this just means that the warehouse has been told to send it out. But if there aren't any units in the warehouse we just might see this status for the next two weeks. Let's hope I'm wrong (as usual).
    My business accepts credit cards, and I'm not sure of how long in advance you can get "approval" before you actually charge the card - but I know it's not long. Either Handspring has actually "charged" the cards, and they must ship immediately (within the next day unless they have said they need a "holding" fee, and the Handspring info says card will not be "charged" until shipment) or they have "authorized" the card for the proper amount pending shipping. In that case I think they have a maximum of something like 3 days to actually complete the charge or it is removed from the hold on the credit card. So if we are Awaiting Shipping they pretty much have to ship very soon.

Danita
    I ordered mine on the 21st and it is now saying ......

awaiting shipment!

Faster than I thought, I am a happy guy!
    Just got awaiting shipment status...ordered on the 23rd of Oct.

I ordered on 11/20 and my status is now "awaiting shipping." Like many of you, I've been anxiously waiting for the T600 since the "buzz" campaign started. Several times (10/13, 10/20, 10/27, etc.) I thought I was just about to have one in my hands--only to be disappointed by what seemed to be another "delay."

I think I'm just going to tell myself I won't see it until mid-December. If it gets here earlier it's a bonus. If not, I won't go crazy checking my status several times a day.