1.    #1  
    I am using beyond contacts and wondered if anyone as figured out how to have the phone v1.0 application use beyond contacts for phone number lookup
    Not going to happen. This would require a rewrite of the built-in phone application to use third-party contact databases.

This has always been an issue with third-party contact manager software that doesn't use the native Palm databases. Since Beyond Contacts uses its own database to hold contact information, the built-in phone application isn't going to access Beyond Contacts' data.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    The developer would have to ask Handspring for permission to 'hook' into the phone application for this to work.

It would be possible, as AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $Handspring$ $don$'$t$ $sell$ $a$ $competing$ $contacts$ $manager$ $as$ $a$ $seperate$ $product$.

Sadly, like you, I have to maintain 2 different databases.

My Beyond Contacts database has ALL my contacts, and the inbuilt one has just 4000, as there is a problem with NoCaller ID if you have more than around 4000 to 5000 contacts in the in-built database on the Treo 600 (The Treo 270 does not seem to have this problem).
    In Hotsync setup "Beyond Contacts" to sync and "Address Book" to "Desktop overwrites handheld".

Now the built-in contacts app will always contain the same info as Beyond Contacts.
    Where do you get to this? I have nothing for Beyond Contacts in my Hotsync options.

Thanks,
    Todd
    Todd