Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I think that Handspring subscribe to the "mushroom" style of management for its CSR's. And as we all know the best mushrooms grow in the dark....

I'd tell an angry customer anything to get him off the phone too.....

Hope I am wrong too. But at least I can play with the set of stylus's that will arrive today....
    JAA
    So what is the deal?

Nov 18 and before: Shipped/ Shipping
    Later than Nov 18: Awaiting Shipment/ partly shipped

Is there a distinction between Upgrades and New orders too?

I ordered an Upgrade without service and accessories on Nov 19 and is still "Awaiting Shipment".
    ordered 11/17 Cingular-- No activation..

Also handspring messed up one of my orders, ordered several cingular unlocked units, my credit card denied one of the charges because there were several for the same amount on the same day.

Now 15 days of waiting has been reset as they canceled the order and had to put it in again. New order date is Dec 1st! I had originally ordered on the 15th!
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    I think I have it figured out. There are a bunch of Treo 600's in the warehouse. They divide the orders up to the warehouse pickers. Some pickers go directly to the Treo 600's. My picker went to the stereo adapters first and there were no Treo 600's left when he/she got back. Now I have to wait for the next batch of Treo 600's to be delivered to the warehouse. Since I don't need any more accessories my warehouse picker can go directly to the big box of Treos and get one on the next delivery.
    For what it's worth....

I talked to Handspring customer service today at 1pm EST and asked about 2 things:

- the status of my backorder
    - why some people that ordered on 11/24 recieved thier 600 before me (I ordered on 11/15 with the same order parameters)

They responded with...

'Everything got screwed up at month end....my backorder should ship between now and Dec 8th'..

Do you believe it?????
    I talked to Handspring CSR a few minutes ago. My credit card company called me about "suspicious activity" on my account for which they'd put a hold on my card. Of course I don't want this to interupt shipment of my T600 so I called and asked to put it on another card. They told me the only way they could change it at this point would be to cancel my first order and place a new one. However my current order was so close to shipping that they might not be able to stop it in time.

With a little pressing I got him to say that the Cingular Treo's HAD been on backorder but they just got a shipment in. His opinion was that it would probably ship no later than early next week.

I asked if I placed a new order how long it would take. "Um, about a week." So it sounds like they just got enough Cingular T600s in to cover all of their orders up to now and ship out new orders within a week. I'm so glad I "pre-ordered" mine 2 weeks ago!

Well anyway I got the CC company to leave my account open another week until it ships. My headphone adapter is "out for delivery". You'd think they'd waited a week and sent it with my Treo. Whatever.
    Has anyone's treo been shipped today?
    Originally posted by pbeaul00
    Has anyone's treo been shipped today?
    they usually dont update their system until evening time EST.

My status got updated around 9:30 EST.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by mcgruff

With a little pressing I got him to say that the Cingular Treo's HAD been on backorder but they just got a shipment in. His opinion was that it would probably ship no later than early next week.

I asked if I placed a new order how long it would take. "Um, about a week." So it sounds like they just got enough Cingular T600s in to cover all of their orders up to now and ship out new orders within a week.
    You may be correct, since the web page was updated sometime today to show that ordered placed until Nov 30 should ship this week:

Cingular Wireless
    November 30th or earlier >> December 1-8
    December 1-on >> up to 1 week from order date
    Finally, there may be some light at the end of the tunnel. The fact that orders through 11/30 will (could? may?) ship by next Monday is very good news.
    So I ordered on the 18th which means it'll ship by Dec 8th.

OR

I could have ordered on the 30th which would mean it would ship by Dec. 8th

OR

I could have ordered today which would mean it would ship within a week which would be 1, 2, 3... Dec. 9th.

That's nice
    Originally posted by Gadget fan
    Finally, there may be some light at the end of the tunnel. The fact that orders through 11/30 will (could? may?) ship by next Monday is very good news.
    I'm hoping this is reliable information, since the last time they made a change to the estimated shipping dates it was accurate (Nov 3,4 orders shipped a few weeks ago).
    Originally posted by Gadget fan
    Does one get informed right away (at least that night) when one's Treo 600 has been shipped? Or is there a delay in updating the order status page? I remember ordering from other merchants and getting the tracking number after I received the package.

I want to make sure I'm here to sign for the package the day it is delivered (overnight). I'd hate to miss it and have to wait one more day.
    Greetings All, I'm a first time poster.

I just received my T600-Cingular today. I ordered it on November 7 and have been (now was) "Awaiting Shipment" since November 25. I ordered 3 accessories with it. They came with the phone today, all in one package.

This is an upgrade from my Palm Vx. Obviously this sucker is light years ahead.

The phone came without a phone number. The paperwork that came with the phone said to call Cingular and they would activate the phone remotely ... WRONG!

Called Cingular. I lost count of the phone transfers at 13. Cingular said that "I didn't have an account with them", or "only dealers can activate remotely" or "I need an account number or phone number to help you", or "you have to go to a local store and setup a new account, because you're not in our system". My response was "I have email confirmation from Handspring that my Cingular account has been activated. How can I give you a phone number when you are the one that is supposed to give it to me?". No luck there, and on and on. One transfer was to Handspring, who transferred me back to Cingular.

Finally after an hour and the last transfer hanging up on me, I decided to give Handspring one more try (I'm about to go postal at this point). I asked the guy to confirm that I actually had an account activated with Cingular.
    He did confirm that and also added this most important point. He said that it takes 24 to 48 hours from the date of receipt of the T600 for the computers at
    the carrier to recognize that you are an actual customer. He said this had become a common issue with all the carriers. Apparently none of them understand this.

I asked him why others, who had ordered later than me, were receiving their orders sooner? He thought that the warehouse was batch shipping/processing orders.

Well, that's my story. I'm sure it's obvious I'm a newbie. But, somewhere in there I'm sure there's some useful information to you all. I've really enjoyed reading all your posts and laughing over some of the flame wars and have learned a great deal from everyone. (I just wish there were a spell checker.)

Now that I'm cooled out some, I won't mind spending the time getting introduced to Handspring and how the Treo 600 works. So far, I'm very impressed.
    I just received an e-mail (12/03 9:06p EST):

Dear Mikel ,

Thank you for shopping with palmOne, formerly Handspring!

We're pleased to let you know that your order has been shipped. We appreciate your business and hope you visit our site again soon to see the latest products.

Order it on 11/18ÖCanít wait until tomorrow.
    ok, I am converting from being a nextel user...

I want this 600 badly...have waited to convert...

but should I go Cingular or AT&t? I want great coverage too...

or should I wait for T-Mobile?

I am unsure...help me out

can't find a site where everybody is happy with one service or another

d
    BLENDER Post
    "The Right Mix"
    (818) 748-0248
    Just got the shipment email! Woohooo!

Ordered on 11/17...upgrade, no service.
  19. KBS
    I'm a T-Mobile customer and waited until the last day to upgrade via the Cingular route. I was afraid to wait for T-Mobile any longer. Ordered 11/24, shipped today, should receive tomorrow. From what I have read on this message board, it should work without a hitch when I switch out the sim card.
    Got mine too! Order shipped!!!

Ordered mine 11/20.

Tracking number status showed it was picked up by FedEX today and has left it's origin. Should recieve 12/03!~

Ye Ha!
    Mike
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast