Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    i order only the cing phone on the 18th.

the phone shipped today, should get it tomorrow.

i ordered the accesorries a month b4.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  2.    #22  
    Originally posted by Felipe

Congrats,

Received mine today, on the cradle charging as we speak, I know I'm going to love it..........
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Originally posted by Felipe

What gives! I ordered mine on the 18th too. I was so excited to see last Wed it changed to "Awaiting Shipment". Tonight it changed to "Partially Shipped" of course the Treo is backordered and I will be getting the Stereo Headphone Adapter by the end of the week. What the heck am I going to do with a headphone adapter and no Treo?!?! Originally I didn't expect it would ship until next week but now I feel like their toying with me. "Maybe if we go ahead and send the other stuff it will appease them for a while." Actually it's just irritating.

If it ends up shipping in a couple of days I'll happily stick my foot in my mouth, but "backordered" sounds bad... as in much longer than the original "2 to 4 weeks".

Oh well. At this rate I just hope I get it by Christmas.
    I ordered mine on Nov. 12. I cancelled the order on Nov. 28...but the phone still arrived today! Since I'm going the Sprint route now, I will either return this one to HS or put it on eBay. Its a bummer that I blow my upgrade serial number on the GSM version instead of the CDMA version.
    I have the partialy shipped status as well. They are overnighting me a the stereo adapter... lol The phone is on backorder.
    From reading the thread it sounds like the only ones who have the "back ordered" status are those who ordered accessories as well. It looks like the accessories got shipped so they had to give people a reason that the Treo didn't ship.

I ordered the T600 (but no accessories) on 11/20 at 6:51 am. I'm still stuck on awaiting shipment. I can only presume that my order is not listed as "back ordered" because I didn't have any accessories as part of my order.
    Originally posted by boardoe
    "Backordered".
    For those of us who thought it wouldn't get worse - HS has now added insult to injury.
    That is so very true.

I ordered on 11/23. Today the status on my order has changed from "Awaiting Shipment" to "Partially Shipped" and ofcourse the Treo 600 is "Back Ordered". although I will be getting my 'Stereo Headphone Adapter' by tomorrow duly shipped overnight.

The following is from an email I received from them:
    " We're pleased to let you know that your order has been shipped. We appreciate your business and hope you visit our site again soon to see the latest products.

The following items HAVE BEEN SHIPPED to date:
    Treo Stereo Headphone Adapter
    (3160WW ) 1 @ $ 5.99

Item SubTotal: $ 5.99
    Shipping and Handling: $ 14.50
    Tax*: $ 0.36
    Duty**: $ 0.00
    ---------
    Total Charged to Date: $ 20.85

The following items are STILL OUTSTANDING on your order:
    Treo 600 with USB cable - Cingular Wireless".

Are a bunch of morons running this company or what? $14.50 shipping charge for an item costing $6.35 including tax and that too for something I have absolutely no use for without the phone. Also if the phone is not delivered to my friend by the 15th, it will be of no use to me since it won't be able to get to me here in India since my friend leaves from the US on the 16th to travel to India.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 12/01/2003 at 10:54 PM.
    To top it all off, I got a "Getting started with your new Treo" email... as if I'm getting it right away.
    Has anyone called Handspring and asked about these 'partial shipments' and 'Back Ordered' situation?
    Originally posted by Jahead
    To top it all off, I got a "Getting started with your new Treo" email... as if I'm getting it right away.
    Maybe that's a good sign?

At least there's some action. My $250 Amazon Sprint Treo order has been f#####g delayed to January 7th! Looks like Handspring will completely miss the Christmas orders. Ordered mine on Nov. 24th.

Might cancel it next week.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    I ordered on the Nov. 24th and I just got an email tonight 12/1 saying that it shipped.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Very cool on getting an email.. I ordered early on the 24th also... so keeping my fingers crossed!

I gotta figure that the fact they have a hold on my credit card is a good sign too. I am being optimistic and hoping to see some movement soon!

greg
    Originally posted by stephman
    I ordered on the Nov. 24th and I just got an email tonight 12/1 saying that it shipped.
    Cool! Did you order the Cingular version from handspring?
    Originally posted by Jahead

Cool! Did you order the Cingular version from handspring?
    Yes, cingular from Handspring. No accessories and no service.
    Originally posted by stephman
    You ordered on the 24th and your treo has shipped? I am honestly happy for you... but a little confused and discouraged since I ordred mine on the 18th at 8:54AM and it's "backordered". My father-in-law ordered his two weeks before me and just got his yesterday so I guess at this point I can't complain... yet.

If someone does call handspring about the "backordered" status please post the results.
    I am in the same boat as many of you... a Cingular T600 plus accessories, ordered on November 19th. I got my car charger yesterday, but the Treo is now "backordered". Especially frustrating since through the Thanksgiving weekend the entire order was "awaiting shipment".
    I did call Handspring and got the expected lip-service: "Yes, I understand you are upset", "It is odd to send accessories for a unit that you do not have" and most obviously, "We did say 2 to 4 weeks, and you are only two weeks in, you should expect shipping sometime before that"
    I would ask anyone who ordered a T600 (stephman) to perhaps send me a private message with your order number and I will personally call Handspring and give them a serious load of whoop-***.
    So it looks like we have the following situation:

Ordered 11/17 and before: item shipped or received
    ordered 11/18: some shipped, some backordered, some still showing awaiting shipment
    ordered after 11/18: most backordered and a few shipped (which, of course, makes NO sense - who do those guys know?)

Conclusion: SNAFU
    Headphone adapter shipped and Treo 600 on backorder...F**K
    Just to add more confusion. I ordered a Cingular phone via the upgrade, no service, no accessories on the 17th and have been in "Awaiting Shipment" since late Tuesday night.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    For what its worth. Spoke with a Handspring CSR. She said all Cingular phones ordered before Nov 30 should ship between December 1 and 8th. Well at least I have my stereo adapter. I really needed them to over night it to me as I don't have my Treo yet that was ordered on Nov 19th
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast