1.    #1  
    I use my current Palm for reading eBooks (at least I did until Amazon stopped selling them). Has anyone else tried reading books on the Treo screen? I'm worried because it's so small.

I use the PalmReader with the Palm e-book format.
    I use Palmreader on my T600. Had no problems with the screen size.
    I use palmreader as well. The screen size is small but not too small to read. Plus the brightness and crispness makes it just as readable as the old treo but not as good as something like a T2 or Clie
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com
    I have palm reader; I buy lots of bestsellers from palmdigitalmedia for much less than bookstore price. As a matter of fact, I sometimes go into the bookstore to see what's out, then go to pdm and buy it for less! It's been a great addition. BTW, I keep the font at bold. It's not too big, but makes for easier reading, I think.
    I'm using Palmreader on the Treo 600 also and it's not that much different than a Tungsten or Treo 270.
    hey folks,

maybe you can help, i come from the pocket pc world, and use a txt reader to read rtf and txt file instead of a dedicated e-book reader.

What are the option on the palm platform to either a.) read txt files or b.) convert txt files to something that can be read on the palm.

thanks in advance
    I convert/read txt to doc format using TealDoc (www.tealpoint.com)
    Originally posted by shadillac
    hey folks,

maybe you can help, i come from the pocket pc world, and use a txt reader to read rtf and txt file instead of a dedicated e-book reader.

What are the option on the palm platform to either a.) read txt files or b.) convert txt files to something that can be read on the palm.

thanks in advance
    I use DocInOut. It's simple and its freeware. Also, checkout the tutorial here on memoware about the various file formats and readers for PalmOS.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by ido
    I have palm reader; I buy lots of bestsellers from palmdigitalmedia for much less than bookstore price. As a matter of fact, I sometimes go into the bookstore to see what's out, then go to pdm and buy it for less! It's been a great addition. BTW, I keep the font at bold. It's not too big, but makes for easier reading, I think.
    FYI - Palmdigitalmedia has a Christmas special with 12 free books right now. Not sure how long it will last.

http://www.palmdigitalmedia.com/feat...k/category/149
    You may find this thread on document readers helpful: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...410d1f075.html
    Quote Originally Posted by shadillac
    hey folks,

thanks in advance

Hey shadillac, just to update... also checkout this freeware app called VFSi that can read txt files of the card! Very nice and works great on the Treo!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    FYI - Palmdigitalmedia has a Christmas special with 12 free books right now. Not sure how long it will last.

http://www.palmdigitalmedia.com/feat...k/category/149
    I can't believe Palm have the cheek to charge $5 for public domain works! Verne's 20,000 Leagues, for example, has been free for years from Project Guttenberg. The whole of the works of Shakespeare, Dickens, the Bronte's are all freely available for nothing and yet Palm are charging for them. Disgusting. I wonder how many people actually pay for this stuff without realising they're being ripped off?

Lee.
    Loads of free ebooks available at www.memoware.com, public domain classics and new stuff like the CIA world fact book.
    I use PalmReader and it is OK. One thing I hate about it is that one cannot copy/paste selected text from the eBooks. Contacted PalmDigitalMedia about it and they said this feature will be released by the end of the month. As much as we payed for this software you'd think that they'd have already included such a basic and essential feature.
    I use Cspotrun and I go to a site that feeds off of Project Gutenberg. http://manybooks.net/ It's really nice, lots of free books. I don't need to buy newer books to keep me happy, there are so many public domain books that I have wanted to read that I'll never want for any books. I'm reading Ulysseus S Grant's memoirs right now.