1.    #1  
    I picked up a Lexar 256 MB card for about $79 at CompUSA prior to receiving my Treo, which is so far working fine. When I load Card Info it reports that I have a Panasonic SH256. Is Lexar reselling Panasonic, or is Card Info unable to recognize my card properly? And, if the former, do you think there's a difference in quality between the brand name version and mine?
    Peter Campbell * www.krazy.com
    Lexar re-brands Panasonic and Sandisk cards. From what I understand, panasonic cards are faster than the sandisk ones.
  3. jsr
    Originally posted by pcampbell
    I picked up a Lexar 256 MB card for about $79 at CompUSA prior to receiving my Treo, which is so far working fine. When I load Card Info it reports that I have a Panasonic SH256. Is Lexar reselling Panasonic, or is Card Info unable to recognize my card properly? And, if the former, do you think there's a difference in quality between the brand name version and mine?

All SD cards are made by either Panasonic, Toshiba, or SanDisk no matter who's name is on the card. From people's test results, Panasonic are the fastest then Toshiba somewhere in the middle and SanDisk is the slowest.