1.    #1  
    Has anyone used or heard about someone using the PalmOne IR keyboard with the Treo600?

I would like a full keyboard for when longer entry is required, but have seen more than one thread in this forum about the HS keyboard having issues. I am also interested in the IR keyboard because my wife has a Tungsten T2 and the keyboard could theoretically work for both of us.

Thanks for any info.
    I'd like to see a keyboard that also includes the 5-way Nav buttons on it so it can navigate the screen as well as type text. I don't think the Handspring one has this, but it would be a great way for them to distinguish themselves from the Universal IR ones.
    I have Palm's wireless keyboard and it works great on my T600. Recongized it instantly!
    I have the Palm Wireless Keyboard and it works great with the Treo600. So far I haven't had any resets or problems at all. The only negative is the lack of dedicated numeric keys which makes it a little difficult to use. But the fact that its compatible with virtually all PalmOS handhelds and even PPC via a patch available makes it very appealing. Also, one major thing lacking as already stated is an onboard 5-way nav pad to mimic the nav pad on the Treo. This forces you to use you to manually remove your hands from the keyboard and navigate from your treo's nav pad often to switch between menus etc. This can be a bit annoying, but its worth imo b/c of the versitality of the keyboard. You can read more of my impressions in this thread...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    gfunkmagic,

I researching the issue about the Nav-Bar on the Palm wireless keyboard, I have found that in almost all cases CMD+arrow keys and enter keys will emulate this.

Now I think what it is actually doing is emulating the Tungsten's nav bar, but since most programs repond to bith in the same way this work.

I have also found certain key combinations (usually involving Fn, Alt, CMD, and arrows) that will soft reset the TREO consistently in certain programs, but this does not seem to be a big deal once you figure out what keys the program in questions responds to.

Glenn
    gfunkmagic,

I researching the issue about the Nav-Bar on the Palm wireless keyboard, I have found that in almost all cases CMD+arrow keys and enter keys will emulate this.

Now I think what it is actually doing is emulating the Tungsten's nav bar, but since most programs repond to bith in the same way this work.

I have also found certain key combinations (usually involving Fn, Alt, CMD, and arrows) that will soft reset the TREO consistently in certain programs, but this does not seem to be a big deal once you figure out what keys the program in questions responds to.

Glenn
    I also use a Palm Wireless Keyboard with my Treo, and it works well-ahhh!
    Folks,

I'm on day two of the wireless keyboard and I am starting to have some wierd problems -- not with the keyboard, but with the driver.

For example, I always turn off the driver when not using it (don't want any conflicts).

When I plug the phone into my car charger / GPS cable, the driver turns itself on, and tries to send "keys" to the T600. I first noticed this because the T600 was coming on for no reason with the keyguard on.

After a while, I released the keyguard and put on the phone app. "7"'s started appearing regularly.

Obviously, the driver is interpreting the GPS output and sending keys to the T600.

But wait -- it was supposed to be turned off, but it turns itself on regularly. Is there a way to tell the driver to be off all the time?

I have read in other places that beaming no longer works with the driver installed (on or off). I have not tried this yet.

BTW, this is the latest driver downloaded from Palm two nights ago.

Any thoughts on this?

Glenn
    Originally posted by IHATECOMPUTERS
    This is what I want

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/ibizpda/vike.html
    Whoa! I'm sure this must have some glitches, but what a kick-*** head-turning idea!!