Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    The dimples are peeling off of my egrips. I have only had them on my phone for about a week. Originally I ordered flat, plain silver egrips for my Treo 600. I was sent the dimpled version instead. Now the dimples are peeling off like a second skin. Is there a way to re-apply them?

I don't think I am very happy with the egrips service:
    Shipping was slow
    Didn't get what I ordered
    Customer service told me dimpled is better
    Dimples now peeling

Not a happy camper
    Have you contacted customer service about your problem? If so, how did they respond? I ordered the silver set with dimples yesterday (expected time to ship 3 weeks) and this may make me reconsider.
    I got my egrips a few days ago. No problems so far. Love these things. I just hope the dimples don't peel off.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I did contact customer support. Still waiting to hear back. I'll let you know what happens. Anyone else having this problem?
    Originally posted by kamalot
    I did contact customer support. Still waiting to hear back. I'll let you know what happens. Anyone else having this problem?
    Nope - their customer service was responsive and great here... no peeling, nothing. I have had them on for about 3 weeks now without an issue. The reason the shipping delay was so long is because the T600 is a new template for them... the other, non specific versions are readily available for shipment - I think I got mine in like 2 days on my original, non T600 order.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Add me to the list. The corner on the large piece on back is peeling. Awaiting their response. I love these things....I hope it's not an on going problem.
    Originally posted by kamalot
    I ordered the flat version also, however, I just received the ones with dimples...hmmm. Have you received any feedback from customer support?

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Here is what they shared with me, which I share with you:

"This should not be happening …..we will send you another set on Friday at no charge. We tested the material for months, however we found that some from one lot occasionally rub off. Thanks for the feedback…..we will get this right."

I also got the following:

"We are still backordered on Silver. As soon as we get them in we will send yours first.

Thanks for your patience"

This sounds decent.
    I'll let you know what transpires.

I don't like the fact that nobody informed me that the new silver / black set was available or that I would be getting dimples instead of flat. I feel like they took my money, gave me something that I didn't ask for and sold everyone else a better product. The fact that they began peeling has left a bad taste in my mouth.

A little communication from them would have done wonders to my perception of their company and product.

I'll be sure to let you all know what egrips does to resolve this.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Here is a photo of the egrips. The dimples have torn off of the corner here exposing the silver underneath. The dimples above the ter are steal peeling.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I have experienced the same problem. here is the response from egrips:

We have been experiencing an intermittent problem with static discharge during the production of the material that may be the culprit of this sporadic phenomenon. We will send out replacements today and ask that you peel off the egrips from your Treo 600, put them back on the plastic release liner from the new set, and mail them back so we can further analyze the problem.

Sorry for the delay in our response.

Fred

I'm pleased with the response. Being involved with manufacturing part of my life, you will from time to time have problems. Your success is determined by minimizing the problems and properly responding to them when they appear. Congratulations to EGRIPS in discovering the problem and taking the proper customer service response. Too often I have seen manufacturers say "you're the first one to have a problem, we're not seeing it anywhere else." By the way, the delay was not excessive. They replied in less than 2 days to my email.