1.    #1  
    Since people are only just now starting to get their Cingular 600's to use on T-Mo...has anyone been successful with MMS, and do you know how it will be charged to your T-Mo account? Will it be included with SMS messages or is there another category?
    SMS and MMS messaging are two separate animals ... at least as far as T-Mobile services are concerned.

SMS messaging falls under the "Text messaging" service - i.e., $2.99/month for 300 messages received/sent.

MMS actually falls under the "T-Zones" service. If you have not signed up for T-Zones, you will not be able to send MMS messages. $4.99/month for unlimited usage. T-Zones also includes WAP browsing and the sending of e-mail from your phone.

It kills me that I these are separate services. I already pay extra for SMS messaging, and unlimited internet. I would normally need SMS to send pics to auto-update my website to my home account (webserver). I've since had to work around it by sending e-mail to myself through snappermail.

I know, $4.99 isn't much but it's enough to make me want to save it.
    Originally posted by Cliffy15
    SMS and MMS messaging are two separate animals ... at least as far as T-Mobile services are concerned.

SMS messaging falls under the "Text messaging" service - i.e., $2.99/month for 300 messages received/sent.

MMS actually falls under the "T-Zones" service. If you have not signed up for T-Zones, you will not be able to send MMS messages. $4.99/month for unlimited usage. T-Zones also includes WAP browsing and the sending of e-mail from your phone.

It kills me that I these are separate services. I already pay extra for SMS messaging, and unlimited internet. I would normally need SMS to send pics to auto-update my website to my home account (webserver). I've since had to work around it by sending e-mail to myself through snappermail.

I know, $4.99 isn't much but it's enough to make me want to save it.
    Are you sure that you need to sign up for T-Zones to be able to send MMS? T-Mobile's web site says it is $0.25 per MMS sent or received if one doesn't pay $4.99/mo for unlimited usage (at least until end of 2004 I read).

I wonder if this is why it doesn't work for me. I sent myself an MMS and received it as an SMS, without the picture or a link to the picture at least. Irritating!
    Originally posted by Sprinter

Are you sure that you need to sign up for T-Zones to be able to send MMS? T-Mobile's web site says it is $0.25 per MMS sent or received if one doesn't pay $4.99/mo for unlimited usage (at least until end of 2004 I read).

I wonder if this is why it doesn't work for me. I sent myself an MMS and received it as an SMS, without the picture or a link to the picture at least. Irritating!
    What you said is true. It's $0.25 per MMS if you don't have the $4.99 service. Also, though, if you have T-Mobile, you can use their http://myemail.t-mobile.com/html service. This is a great service that connects with quite a few email systems and "translates" them to POP3 so that you can use Handspring Mail 1.0. It's "free", if you're a T-Mobile customer, and includes a SMTP server you can send emails through using Mail... with attachments from the camera app. That's what I do, rather than send MMS, because no one seems to be able to help me with MMS.

I know that this isn't MMS, and isn't very useful if you're trying phone-to-phone, but it's the best solution I have found so far until T-Mobile gets their act together with the Treo 600.

BTW, I called customer service. Even their "Tier 2" wireless people couldn't help. They transferred me to Handspring. I don't like being transferred to Handspring when I know that it's not an issue with Handspring. Handspring told me that it's T-Mobile, as expected. Rather than play the stupid game that every customer has to play to get helped, I just have given up and will try again in a couple of weeks.

---

http://about-here.textamerica.com