1.    #1  
    I'm using PDAPPS Treo600SMS. It's been great...used it on my Treo 300 and had to have it on the 600.

Question though..

Presently I'm able to send and respond to SMS messages AND email messages using Treo600DSMS. I especially like being able to respond to emails using because I don't have to retype the complete email address or go to the email application. If you have a contact that has an email address ... add it .....then you can email that person a short message using Treo600SMS.

Now....when SPrint enables their SMS..will I still be able to respond to emails?...or only SMS messages???

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    That's a good question. There are rumors swirling around that Sprint will cut off shortmail for sms capable phones like the Treo600 which would preclude this functionality. However, I don't know if this is true or if PDAapps has a work-around for this...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Assuming that any Sprint phone made within the past year has some sort of Text mesaging capabilities, They would need to keep something like short mail running to include all those legacy phones in the upgrade to true SMS. Am I right about this?

IGO
    Originally posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    Assuming that any Sprint phone made within the past year has some sort of Text mesaging capabilities, They would need to keep something like short mail running to include all those legacy phones in the upgrade to true SMS. Am I right about this?

IGO
    Yup, that wld make sense. But the theory is that Sprint will cut off shortmail access for all newer sms capable phones like the Treo600...which would suck!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    So....in theory. Getting rid of shortmail would diable a h.e.l.l. of alot of legacy SPrint phone users. In essence telling them...if you want text messaging...you MUST buy a new phone. You know how many people that will affect? Not really a wise move!!

IGO
    OK, here's the deal. When SMS finally comes out, Sprint will cut off Short Mail for SMS capable phones. Right now the only two Sprint phones that can use Short Mail AND SMS are the Treo 600 and new Sanyo 5500 (VM4500). For everyone else, they'll still be able to use Short Mail. And for anyone that bought a Treo 600 or Sanyo 5500 before SMS rollout, we'll have a nice little surprise.