1.    #1  
    I activated my Treo 600 on Oct. 21, 2003. Vision worked great until I travelled outside of my service area and/or Sprint made changes to their network.

I have spent hours with Sprint's Customer Service and have had ZERO success in resolving this issue.

It is quite obvious that they have a network bug. I can travel north 30 miles and/or east 30 miles and can connect to PCS Vision. When I return to my home area I am booted off and when I try to reconnect I get the Error 3000.

Funny thing is that I was able to utilize Vision without a problem prior to the 21st. (In My home area)
    Last edited by JG1Wildbill; 11/27/2003 at 11:50 AM.
  2.    #2  
    Same situation. No Solution. Hello Sprint?
  3.    #3  
    Network problem not solved.
    Lack of support in escalating technical issues.

Sprint continually has the propensity to pass one's problem on to another CSR that is incapable of solving your problem.
    Last edited by JG1Wildbill; 11/26/2003 at 12:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Just out of curiosity, what's your home area? Just for reference, I'm in the NY area - in a suburb of the city, never had a problem. Even took a trip out to MO reciently, and had no problems with Vision there or here... also had a stopover in Detriot - again.. no issues.. Sounds to me from your description that the towers that are surrounding your area are screwed up. Why don't you take a look at the Sprint Tower map (url eludes me, but it's in this fourm somewhere) and see where the local towers to you are - if there are towers surrounding you, that are malfunctioning, but yours is, that might help explain the problem. Then you just have to get to a CSR Vision tech that can help.

Originally posted by JG1Wildbill
    Network problem not solved.
    Lack of support in escalating technical issues.

Sprint continually has the propensity to pass one's problem on to another CSR that is incapable of solving your problem.
  5.    #5  
    Yes, I am certain that the towers are screwed up. And you are correct in saying that contacting the right Vision Technician would help. After several phone calls to Sprint's Support teams I am unable to contact the one person that can solve the problem..... Argh!!!

The trouble ticked that was initiated in regards to this problem was closed! Imagine that, closed without calling me to see if the problem was taken care of!

I am calling them back to re-open the ticket until things are fixed.

Thanks for you input.

Bill
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem. I left my home area and all was working well. In the new area all worked well. Now that I have returned to my home area. My vision service stopped working.

I continue to get the Error 3000. The Sprint Techs say its a conjestion error. Well they exchanged my phone but it still have not cleared up the problem.

I hope that the 7 time with tech support some answers will be unveiled.

Frydog
  7.    #7  
    I rec'd another Treo and it wouldn't work. Finally ended up calling a network engineer at Sprint's Network Operations center, he conference called the same customer service no. we all used and was able to get them to escalate another trouble ticket. Although he wasn't actually able to fix the problem he provided me some leverage in dealing with Vision's tech support people.

Later that same evening my Error 3000 went away and things work fine now.

It must be a network/tower problem and/or a setting on the account since other Vision phones worked and mine didn't.

I called yesterday to see what they had done to resolve the problem and the tech didn't even see a record of my latest trouble ticket! ARGH! I would like to know in case this happens again.

Keep calling them and use my trouble ticket #, hopefully someone will be able to pull it up as a reference. Ticket # 7126697031122 or 7186618031202.
    Originally posted by cue79
    Why don't you take a look at the Sprint Tower map (url eludes me, but it's in this fourm somewhere) and see where the local towers to you are
    I found a URL for that, but currently the page says "Please check back soon! We're currently working on the Tower Maps to better meet your needs."

http://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/co...towermaps.html
    Anyone who gets the 3000 error needs to call Sprint and ask for a Level 2 Vision tech. The quickest approach is to say you were on hold with selfsame and got cut off. They'll put you right through without having to re-explain yourself.

For whatever reason, I've had to re-provision twice. Make sure you're calling from a phone other than your own as you'll have to make adjustments to yours, and Sprint will have to send the provisioning command to your Treo.

Have fun...
  10.    #10  
    I spoke to several Level 2 techs and received several Reprovisioning commands and was still getting Error 3000's. It was someone even above the Level 2 people that ended up fixing things.

Still wish I knew who and what was done...
    Actually, I've received the "Error 3000" message two times and both times I was able to connect to a few minutes later.

The first time this happened was after Thanksgiving dinner in Scarsdale, Westchester, New York. As my girlfriend and I were driving away (she was driving) I thought I'd check my email -- Error 3000. This did not make me happy at all, having read shallow's horror story about getting his Treo 600 set up (read about it here). We were driving, though, and by the time we got to Larchmont (also in Westchester) I was able to connect to Vision.

The second time this happened was at my home in Brooklyn. This made me very nervous/scared/angry, but I was able to connect to Vision immediately after getting the Error 3000 message.

Basically, Error 3000 does not appear to be fatal every time. ...Or I've got a zombie Treo 600.