Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    TREO automaticall changes "cant" to "can't". How can I get it to change "u" to "you", and so on.

The way shortcuts work cannot be the answer !!!! Way to many steps. On my Blackberry, I could just type "u" and it would automatically change to "you". It was a utility where you could add your own entries to as well. Below are a few examples:

* cant - can't
    * u - you
    * teh - the
    * C - [Company Name]
    * sig - signature (inculding phone, cell, fax, email - no limit to character size!!!)

If this utility exists, PLEASE respond and provide a link!

The current way "shortcuts" works is horrible !!! 4 steps to enter a "shortcut". C'mon people !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. enter my shortcut text
    2. press 0
    3. Scroll down 4 times to the shortcut key
    4. Press the center button to select shortcut
    I use TextPlus on my Treo 600 for predictive text input. And it works great.

Here's the link --- http://www.smartcell.com/
    Also checkout Ender and QuickWrite...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the responses !!!!! All the apps mentioned so far still require you to scroll down and select the word you want to insert. I am looking for some type of automatic intuitiveness. I don't want to have to scroll down and select -- that adds an extra step. I have downloaded a trial versions of the software mentioned above and will try them out. However, I don't think they are what I am looking for - they all require extra keypresses.
  5.    #5  
    bump
    Originally posted by jjennings
    bump
    is that the name of a proggy.. or u just sharing something else?

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Lon Nol

is that the name of a proggy.. or u just sharing something else?

He's trying to help by bumping the thread back to the top where more people will see it.
    I'm looking for something similar. Not real happy with the way shortcuts works.

One strange one:

I wanted it to change "im" and "Im" to "I'm" and it wouldn't let me do both. Very strange. Seems clear that the capital vs. lowercase would be recognizable.

...any luck finding anything that works like Blackberry?
    Okay guys, here's an app that I once used on my Treo300 and I just noticed that it's been updated for OS 5. It's called Correct Hack and might be what you're looking for:

CorrectHack is a HackMaster hack allows you to define a list of commonly misspelled words or abreviations that will be automatically replaced with the correct spelling or expanded text when entered into any edit field. For instance, you can set up CorrectHack to automatically replace 'teh' with 'the' or to replace your initials with your full name
    Check it out!
    Last edited by Gaurav; 11/26/2003 at 06:48 PM.

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Kinda aggrivating that its $12
    Does KeycapsHack work on the 600? I had it for my Treo 300, and purchased it, but I assumed that it wouldn't work for the 600. Don't have time to try it right now. Has anyone out there gotten it to work?
    Originally posted by rhong
    Does KeycapsHack work on the 600? I had it for my Treo 300, and purchased it, but I assumed that it wouldn't work for the 600. Don't have time to try it right now. Has anyone out there gotten it to work?
    There's an updated version for the Treo600. Checkout the following thread for more info:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t42649/s.html

Oops, not KeycapsHack, but CorrectHack. Both are essentials for me, and both available now for the 600 I think.
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Okay guys, here's an app that I once used on my Treo300 and I just noticed that it's been updated for OS 5. It's called Correct Hack and might be what you're looking for:

Check it out!
    Has anyone tried CorrectHack with the T600? I've never used a hack that requires "HackMaster". Any input would be great as this looks like what I've been looking for.

Thanks

Josh
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Try Textras. It does not require Hackmaster and works on OS 5. CorrectHack is for older Palm OS's. You can find it at the same link as for Correcthack.
    John
    The real question to me is how do you add words to the builtin 'replacer'?

It automatically fixes recieve, can't, etc. How do you add words to THAT database?

-Rob
    Originally posted by Rob600
    The real question to me is how do you add words to the builtin 'replacer'?

It automatically fixes recieve, can't, etc. How do you add words to THAT database?

-Rob
    Checkout Textras. I've been trying it out for a while and it works pretty well. You can add words or abbreviations to the replace text function. For example I've specified "brb" to be automatically replaced with "be right back" and etc. Very nice app and good find imo...

Originally posted by jjennings
    TREO automaticall changes "cant" to "can't". How can I get it to change "u"

I was actually expecting to see your post say something about a line of cunning stunts...
    Somewhere within the Treo 600 there must be a 'built in replacer.' How do we get to that to add words or make changes so we don't have to add another app to do this? There must be a way to do this right in the Treo 600 itself.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Originally posted by treosixoo
    Somewhere within the Treo 600 there must be a 'built in replacer.' How do we get to that to add words or make changes so we don't have to add another app to do this? There must be a way to do this right in the Treo 600 itself.
    That's exactly what I was saying about 4 messages up. If it can do "can't" ,"recieve", etc. I wonder if we can tap into that DB.

Don't get me wrong, I think Textra is great...but if it's available from the OS then all the better.

-Rob
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast