1.    #1  
    I ordered 11/10, now awaiting shipment.
    Which version did you order ?

Cingular or Sprint ?

Did you ordered it on HS web site ?

Thanks,

Joxes
    I had ordered the Cingular Version directly from HS via the "Upgrade Program" on 11/06. Today, my order status was updated to "Awaiting Shipment". Wooowhoooo!
  4.    #4  
    Oops... Cingular version, upgrade from handspring site.

Also, using a random made up serial number.
    I though you placed the order on 11/06 (cf-your 1st post)

Thanks for the info
    I also used a random generated serial number.

Does anyone know how long an order typically "awaits shipment" before actually shipping out? I ask this because the wording used throughout the description of the shipping process is pretty vague.
    Originally posted by skillllllz
    I also used a random generated serial number.

Does anyone know how long an order typically "awaits shipment" before actually shipping out? I ask this because the wording used throughout the description of the shipping process is pretty vague.
    I asked a HS rep how long from "Approving Credit Card" to shipment and he told me up to 3 days.

I'm going overseas and my Treo 600 may not make it before I leave. I was told that I could not cancel the order once it is in the "Approving Credit Card" stage.
    Originally posted by Coyote
    I ordered 11/10, now awaiting shipment.
    Hoooooray!!!!!!!!!!!! Ordered on 11th, Hopefully not too much longer. Congrats. on yours and the others who have had their 11/10/03 orders filled.
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Originally posted by Sprinter

I asked a HS rep how long from "Approving Credit Card" to shipment and he told me up to 3 days.

I'm going overseas and my Treo 600 may not make it before I leave. I was told that I could not cancel the order once it is in the "Approving Credit Card" stage.
    I'm in the EXACT same position!!! I'm leaving Monday night for Australia for 2 months, and there'll be no one here to receive the order. So it has to go to Fedex by Friday at the latest, or it won't make it here in time! Monday shipment just won't cut it!

I too was told that I couldn't cancel the order after it's gone to "Awaiting Shipment" status. Well, tough **** for them!!! It'll be bounced back to them by Fedex after 3 delivery attempts.

As for the payment, I just talked to Amex, and they agreed that I have solid grounds to dispute the charge based on non-delivery. Ordering on 11/03, even with processing beginning on 11/17, it's more than reasonable to expect delivery by 12/01, especially with overnight shipping specified. If HS can't get an order out in a reasonable period, they can't expect me to be indefinitely glued to my apartment!

Hopefully, our phones will still get here before we leave. But if they don't, don't let HS bully you! Dispute the charge with your credit card company on the grounds of non-delivery. Maybe they might eventually ship, but it has to be in a reasonable amount of time!
    Originally posted by Ernie

I'm in the EXACT same position!!! I'm leaving Monday night for Australia for 2 months, and there'll be no one here to receive the order. So it has to go to Fedex by Friday at the latest, or it won't make it here in time! Monday shipment just won't cut it!
    Did you ask HS if they're open on Friday? If not then it looks like they need to ship on Wednesday for it to make it before you leave. I assume yours is already "waiting for shipment" of course.

I hope it works out for you. I ordered on 11/19 so I'm not even close to shipping.

If I'm not at the point where they requested credit card authorization a week before I leave, I may decide to:

(a) cancel the order (they can't put it on hold for shipment later I was told)

or

(b) go ahead with the order and leave a note on my door for FedEx to deliver the package to my neighbor's house.
    Originally posted by Sprinter

Did you ask HS if they're open on Friday? If not then it looks like they need to ship on Wednesday for it to make it before you leave. I assume yours is already "waiting for shipment" of course.

I hope it works out for you. I ordered on 11/19 so I'm not even close to shipping.

If I'm not at the point where they requested credit card authorization a week before I leave, I may decide to:

(a) cancel the order (they can't put it on hold for shipment later I was told)

or

(b) go ahead with the order and leave a note on my door for FedEx to deliver the package to my neighbor's house.
    She said she assumes the werehouse is open Friday, as they are in Customer Service. And yep, I am in "Awaiting Shipment" status. I was told up to 3 days from there, but usually less. Most people here shipped within 1 day, 2 at the most.

I was under the impression that you already were in "Credit Card Authorized" status. Once you get there, it goes quickly to "Awaiting Shipping," then a wait until it actually ships and you get a tracking number.

Don't worry too much about the credit card authorization. At that point they haven't charged your card yet, just made sure the CC company would honor your card....and that much money is set aside from your credit card limit. Hotels do this all the time when you make a reservation!

The bottom line is that the CC isn't charged until the phone actually ships.
    Even if it does, you can still dispute a charge. Only prob is that if you ordered on the 19th, HS can reasonably say that you didn't allow a fair amount of time for delivery.

Still, HS accepts returns within 30 days, so that's no problem, especially for an unopened box. Still, they might try to stick you with the shipping charges, and for that, they might have a case!

You didn't say when you were leaving and when you're returning. So my suggestion would be, if you're not going for too long, and you really want the phone, have your neighbor pick it up for you. Then if you're gone for only a week or two, you'll have it when you get back.

GSM or not, I wouldn't use it for roaming overseas....the charges are outrageous! But since I'm in Australia on a fairly regular basis, I've already got a Vodaphone Australia prepaid plan. So all I hafta do is pop my Nokia Vodaphone SIM into my Treo 600, and I'm in business!

If it wasn't for that I'd stick with my Sprint Treo 300. The T600 is better, but not $400 better!