1.    #1  
    I know I must be lame, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make Graffiti Anywhere activate when I'm in a text writing mode.

I have it enabled, and the prefs indicate enabled for the applications I'm using, but I can't figure out which bottons are the hard buttons used to activate....the 600's buttons are not the same ones you'd use if you have a palm.

Please clue me in...

Thanks!
  2.    #2  
    darn it...I had it working, and then it quit...

Please help, if you can...
    Last edited by treo_newb; 11/25/2003 at 04:21 PM.
    I had similar problems activating GA, but finally was able to get it to work. I like it better than the other programs out there.

As far as the hard buttons are concerned, do this
    under the "Activation" tab:
    For "Method" select "Long press toggles".
    For "Button" select "Hard Button 3", which is the one with the envelope on it. You won't be able to turn your Treo on anymore with this button, but once it's on you'll be able to use it. Also, check "Single tap recognition".

Under the "Advanced" tab, check "Draw activation indicator Position:_Bottom-Right" and pick a color of your choice. This puts a small colored mark in the bottom right of your screen to indicate GA is activated for that program.
    Check "Enable CapsCrossing" if you want to capitalize a letter by writing it across center line of screen.

Select "Application Manager" at bottom of page. Then from the list of programs, pick the one you want to use GA in and select the "Auto On" button, which will put an "A" next to it. Do this with all the applications you want GA to be used in.

One little note on how to draw the "i". It's a 2 stroke procedure: first draw a straight line down from top to bottom; next you'll be putting a period directly over this line, but the way to do this requires you to draw a diagonal stroke from the bottom right to the top left. The stroke doesn't have to be very large at all, just directly above the line.

I hope this helps, and that I haven't confused you with too much at once. Let me know if you need more help.
  4. Gab
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    what activiation tab are you talking about?
    When you open up GA from the applications menu, you'll see 3 tabs: "Graphics", "Activation", & "Advanced". Hope this helps.
    I too have just installed GA, and as a long term palm graffitti user, am very frustrated.

Is there a "primer" of information available on the program? I wrote to their support address and did not hear back, and the online documentation is very minimal, at best.

Thanks
    I too have just installed GA, and as a long term palm graffitti user, am very frustrated.

Is there a "primer" of information available on the program? I wrote to their support address and did not hear back, and the online documentation is very minimal, at best.

Thanks
    Here is a site that is some help in writing Grafitti 2:

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/guides/general.html

Scroll down to where is says Grafitti 2, then select the file page under Web.

PS: if you're having trouble writing the "i" because you have "Single tap recognition" checked under the Activation tab when you go to GA on your handheld, here is how to do it:
    it's a 2 stroke letter, with the first part being a downward stroke from top to bottom; next you write the period just above the first part, but you don't write a tap above it; instead you write the period with a diagonal slash from bottom right to top left. You don't have to draw it large, but it does have to be directly over the first part of the letter.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks, that was very helpful.

Still having a little trouble with the punctuation, but I finally have the "f" down and a with a little practice I'll be doing Graffiti anywhere!! or everywhere!