1.    #1  
    Just an update...

Chatter 1.0.3 is up on www.imchatter.com as a beta release. It is compatible with BOTH CDMA and GSM Treo 600's. It appears to be very stable; I will probably promote this to release status in a few days.

The next version (1.0.4) will have buddy pounce (suggestions for how it should work are gladly accepted) and some other new features as well. I expect it within the week.

Marc
    I am running 1.2 on a GSM unit on the TMO network. Is this a problem? I have noticed that it seems disconnected when I start it and it always pops a dialog that says GSM... but I still get notified when ppl send me IMs. Although I have seen some crashes, I can't attribute them to Chatter.
    http://www.pdaology.com

the web directory for pda and phone-enabled sites. over 1000 sites in the directory!
  3.    #3  
    1.0.2 doesn't work properly on GSM, in that it doesn't work while "asleep" (i.e. it doesn't wake the Treo up typically when messages arrive). It's also very slow to connect and frequently loses the connection. All of these problems are fixed in 1.0.3, which is on the website as a "beta" release (it will be promoted to a full release in a day or so).

It's very easy to upgrade (you can even do it from your Treo!). Just remember to soft reset your Treo before loading the new version and your on your way.

Marc
    Marc, did you say the pounce phrase? Wow!

Ben

-------------------

Originally posted by mblank
    Just an update...

Chatter 1.0.3 is up on www.imchatter.com as a beta release. It is compatible with BOTH CDMA and GSM Treo 600's. It appears to be very stable; I will probably promote this to release status in a few days.

The next version (1.0.4) will have buddy pounce (suggestions for how it should work are gladly accepted) and some other new features as well. I expect it within the week.

Marc
    How it should work - well, the kids sign on the computer and I get a message stating the kid's on the computer. Just like that. It's like them ratting themselves out to me - should be studying instead of playing.

Ben

--------------------

Originally posted by bclinger
    Marc, did you say the pounce phrase? Wow!

Ben

-------------------

Marc, downloaded and installed and it works good. Connected immediately and responds immediately. Great job done.

Ben

---------

Originally posted by mblank
    Just an update...

Marc
    After installing 1.0.3 I notice the following behaviour :

On my desktop PC I'm running MSN messenger with user1, on my Treo I'm runnin Chatter with MSN service with user2. Now, when my Treo is off, the desktop pc shows the pop-up message "user2 has logged on" every ten minutes.

This seems to be very annoying.
  8.    #8  
    That's peculiar. Sounds as though your connection keeps getting broken. Send me an email and I'll tell you how to make a connection log...

Marc