1.    #1  
    I am in bliss now boys and girls.

I bought a Radio Shack Cell phone holder with the windshield mount. Put tha Treo 600 in it, hooked up my Radio Shack mini-3.5 adapter and plugged my 3.5 > RCA adapter into my stereo.

Now I get boomin bass from my 2 12" speakers and 6 regular speakers in my Sorento from my little Treo 600. Also, when my wife calls, music stops and her voice comes through my speakers. The microphone can pick up my voice with no need for a headset.

No other word for it but GANGSTA! Also, I leave work at 5 and have to drive for an hour, so while I'm driving, I get this neat illuminescence from my phone (it's placed behind and slightly to the right of my steering wheel on the windshield). This is the kind of stuff I wished my Sidekick could do.

That reminds me, I still have to put it up for sale on eBay...
  2.    #2  
    Still can't get my Treo 600 working with my Delorme Earthmate GPS unit, though
    I'm really interested in this, can you describe it more? What do I need to purchase from RadioShack? Is this an FM RF transmitter?
    So, an RCA-type plug goes into the car stereo?

Is there a jack for that on the front of the stereo, or did you have to go into the back of the stereo?
  5.    #5  
    Here's what I used:

1) Mini headset adapter to 3.5mm adapter
    2) Standard Windshield cellular phone mount
    3) 3.5mm to RCA plug adapter (also available at Radio Shack)
    This only works if you have RCA input jacks on your car stereo

I plugged the mini adapter (1) to the RCA adapter (3) then into my stereo. My stereo has an AUX mode so I switch to that and let the good times roll! Sweet. My stereo is an aftermarket Alpine CD-7376 I think (it's been discontinued).
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Originally posted by golfingtigger
    Here's what I used:

1) Mini headset adapter to 3.5mm adapter
    2) Standard Windshield cellular phone mount
    3) 3.5mm to RCA plug adapter (also available at Radio Shack)
    This only works if you have RCA input jacks on your car stereo

I plugged the mini adapter (1) to the RCA adapter (3) then into my stereo. My stereo has an AUX mode so I switch to that and let the good times roll! Sweet. My stereo is an aftermarket Alpine CD-7376 I think (it's been discontinued).
    Here is what I used:

1) Mini headset adapter from Handspring
    2) Generic 3.5mm adapter to Cassette Adapter
    3) Standard Acura stereo with CD and Cassette decks

I simply plug in the cassette adapter into my treo600 (with plug adapter) and I have stereo mp3 playback and phone conversations. The microphone works well with everyone in the car!
    Here is my setup in my 1970 Mopar Roadrunner Superbird

1) Mini headset adapter from Handspring
    2) Generic 3.5mm adapter to Cassette Adapter
    3) Generic Cassette to 8-track Adapter
    4) Standard old school 1968 Chrysler 8-track

it sticks out from the dash a tad, but it works......

I had to pull out my Don McLean American Pie 8-track to get it to work....

No other word for it but GANGSTA!
    No offense, but I had to chuckle when I read the words:

Wife,
    up at 5 for an hour commute,

and

GANGSTA!

Rock & Roll, golfingtigger.