Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is purely an opinion, but I just got my custom Vaja Case, and all I can say is blech!

After paying over $100 up front, and waiting for a month, I couldn't be more disappointed. I expected something along the lines of a Coach wallet, and got something that feels stiff, cheep, and has a Guido shine to it.

The back is not sewn to the rest of the leather in such a way that implies quality or form. It's just stuck on there. The leather grains are flawed well beyond what I would describe as "has character" and the finish is polished to a high gloss, meaning it will show scratches and lose color easily. In fact, just sliding the SD chip in the first time scratched color off the leather.

Overall the case fits nicely, and I'm sure others will disagree with my assessment, but I was completely disappointed. The case does not look classy or high quality in my opinion.

-RB
    Originally posted by Bullwinkle
    This is purely an opinion, but I just got my custom Vaja Case, and all I can say is blech!

After paying over $100 up front, and waiting for a month, I couldn't be more disappointed. I expected something along the lines of a Coach wallet, and got something that feels stiff, cheep, and has a Guido shine to it.

The back is not sewn to the rest of the leather in such a way that implies quality or form. It's just stuck on there. The leather grains are flawed well beyond what I would describe as "has character" and the finish is polished to a high gloss, meaning it will show scratches and lose color easily. In fact, just sliding the SD chip in the first time scratched color off the leather.

Overall the case fits nicely, and I'm sure others will disagree with my assessment, but I was completely disappointed. The case does not look classy or high quality in my opinion.

-RB

Thanks for your review on the Vaja case, Bullwinkle! Can you take some pics of it and post them up for us to see?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    yeah, id love to see it as well .... im about to order one, but im not happy with the leather colors and types offered for the treo 600, theres a wider variety of both under the leather section on their website that is not offered, Also, for custom options, they dont offer much. I called them up to request more money slots, and they said they couldnt.

For $100, i'd expect them to build a custom raincoat for the thing
    Bullwinkle, which leather types and colors did you choose for your custom case? I have a Vaja case on order, and I e-mailed them after reading your post. I am keeping the order and will post pictures when I receive it.

My e-mail:
    Hello. I am currently waiting on delivery on a case for my Treo 600 (invoice #XXXXXX). However, I just read on the TreoCentral forum from a user who just received his Vaja Treo 600 case that the leather is cheap feeling with too much of a shine and that the back is not sewed on (http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t42870/s.html). Is this the case with my standard, non-custom (black aniline/black floater) case? If so, if it's not too late, I might cancel my order.

Their reply:
    The case ordered is made of Aniline (a smooth plain leather) and Floater (a
    grained dull combination) both in black. All the leathers used to manufacture our cases are high-end cow leather, selected among the best 10% of Argentine leathers, so we can assure it is not what can be usually considered as "cheap" or low quality materials. We even include in our site a detailed explanation of all the leathers used so that the customer can have all the necessary information before the order is placed. We have many types of leather, with different textures and appearancye, some are dull, some shinny, some are plain and some have certain pattern. But all this is explained clearly in our site to help customers with their decision.

Regarding your order, it is still under the last part of the manufacturing process but as soon as it is released from production we will ship it immediately to you. You will receive the tracking number after shipping.

Hoping this may have been useful to shed some light into this issue

Best regards

María Cecilia
    García Querol
    Customer Service
    www.vajacases.com
    Bullwinkle, I just received my vajacase yesterday and I'm completely satisfied with my purchase. This is the second case I've order from vajacases. The first was a couple of years ago for my Sony Clie N760. I ordered a custom Treo Case details below.

* 1 CUS795 - Flip Top Case for Handspring TREO 600 CDMA
    * Color:Vitelino Azabache
    * Inside:795 With 2 SD/MMC
    * Backside:795 Ultra Clip
    * PERS:No personalization
    * 795 Matching Leather Lining

The quality is superior to other cases I've seen My case is all black and I paid extra to have the back flap lining covered. It is sewed in no glue. The case fits very tightly around the Treo 600 with cut outs around the headset, volume controls, power/sync port and speaker. You never have to remove the Treo from the case to use it.

I picture file is to large for post, zip file is 865k but would not post file type. Email me @ mikehud_nc@hotmail.com if you would pictures.

-Mikehud
    Camera access?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    shrink the picture in Iphoto or preview

I would really like to see this thing.

I cant believe that it takes nearly a month to make a dang case. There is no way they are working on the case for a month straight. They prolly just put it off until its convenient. Pisses me off cause we pay around $100 for a dang case. And in pesos that gets you allot.

Force
    Camera access is available when you open the flap. The lens is protected with the flap closed.

9.    #9  
    Hmm... did I order something different? I thought there was only one choice.

Mine has no camera access.
    Mine requires me to unclasp the flap to get to the charger.
    Mine has the headphone hole cut so close that I can't have the adapter in all the way.

Correction to my previous post -- the back is sewn. It isn't, however, sewn elegantly. It's just a thick piece that doesn't have any contour. It is square to the roundness of the phone's back.

Like I said, I am certain others will dissagree, but I expected something truely elegant. This case is probably adequate, but nothing close to worth 1 month of time and $104.

-RB
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    please, please, post some pictures!
    My Vaja case is coming tomorow morning. From what I understand, the problem of auto answering the phone b/c the space bar is being pushed down still exists. As far as I am concerned this yeilds the case virtually useless. Has anyone come up w/ a sollution to this problem yet?

Paul
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by pmurph222
    My Vaja case is coming tomorow morning. From what I understand, the problem of auto answering the phone b/c the space bar is being pushed down still exists. As far as I am concerned this yeilds the case virtually useless. Has anyone come up w/ a sollution to this problem yet?

Paul
    Let me state that it is not just useless with this problem, but it COSTS MONEY. I just found out my wife has been calling me this morning -- called several times. Each time she called she said "it answers, but it's just dead air."

It turns out I left my phone in my car this morning, and it's been auto answering and running up minutes without me even there.

-RB
    check the other thread... there appears to be a homemade fix.

spacers added to the treo or the case.
    here's a link to the other thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...c91d7c91d.html
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply, but $100 plus a months wait for a work around, jeesh I hope it looks good when I pick it up from fedex today.

Force
    Well, Vaja hasn't yet gotten the i-volution out for the T600, but they do have a new site. It's very slick, in keeping with their image. Interestingly, if you go to the "news" menu and choose "New releases", there's an item for the Treo that says i-volution. However, clicking it only takes you the new version of the 'classic' Treo 600 case page.

I guess the i-volution will not be televised (or advertised)......
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I got the vaja case and it looks pretty good overall.

The stitching is very good, the leather is top quality.

I have had problems with the spacebar issue. On the page below I have some pics on how I fixed it.

Also some other good pics

Treo 600 Vaja case
    Overall I am very pleased with this case. It is very well made and I feel like my Treo is well protected, but I do have a couple of issues with it.

1. The space bar auto answer problem, which I have temporarily sloved, but it doesn't exactly look very professional with a big white piece of foam stuck on the back of the cover.

2. There is no cut-out for the mic. At first I thought it was ok, b/c people seemed to hear me just fine, but then a friend pointed out that he hears a loud rustling sound on the other end, everytime I move around. It seems that this is due to the case rubbing against the mic hole. Not very good if the other end hears a whole bunch of static and thinks there is a bad connection all of the time. Anybody else notice this?

Paul
    Mine ships today. We'll see if the space bar issue is fixed...
  20.    #20  
    Well, that homemade fix is Vaja's corporate response now. Here is the reply I got when I told them I wanted to return the case to them:

The problem you are having with the case at the very beginning, may be connected with the fact the leather is too tight and needs to be stretched. We always produce all our cases with a very tight fit at the beginnig because leather is a flexible material that stretches with time and use. If we produced them with a different fit, they would bacome too loose after a while. Here I send you some tips that will help you: take the bare case with both hands, one from the flip top and the other from the base and twist it pulling gently outwards. To insert the case, put the forefinger across the handheld's top and press it all the way down into the case. you can also help it to reach the bottom by pushing firmly but carefully from top of the device. Also hold the leather strap where the snap is placed taking it with one hand from the seam in the lid and then with the other hand from the top where the snap is placed, and then try to stretch it with both hands. This will allow more space between the lid and base of the case and the problem will be solved. Please repeat this many times if necessary. Remember that you should let some time pass since only time and use will make your case fit perfectly. Thank you very much

Best regards

María Cecilia
    García Querol
    Customer Service
    www.vajacases.com

My favorite lines are these two: "Please repeat this many times if necessary. Remember that you should let some time pass since only time and use will make your case fit perfectly."

This case cost north of 100 bucks, and only time will make it fit perfectly! That's grand!

-RB
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast