1.    #1  
    Is it possible to watch a DVD file on a T600?
    Mike
    First you rip the DVD (the hard part). Then you compress and rescale for either the Kinoma or MMplayer. Kinoma needs Kinoma producer 2, MMplayer needs virtualdub.
    Here's the easy way to get your DVD onto the Treo. This is an overview and not meant to be a step by step guide. This is just what works for me, there may be easier ways that I'm not aware of.

1 - Rip DVD with Dr.DiVX. I rip to an insane size file so there is minimum compression.

2 - Resize with Virtual Dub

3 - Upload to the Treo and watch movie.

Dr.DiVX will compress down to handheld size however the Treo's resolution is not supported and it seems to crash a lot when you rip down to that size. The Virtualdub method is about 100% on the movies I tested it on.

There are some snafus, however. Someotimes the main movie vob files will have the menu embedded in them. When that happens, I use DVD Fab to rip just the main movie to DVD format and then do the above.
    When trying to use MMplayer on my Treo 600 I ran into the "soft reboot" problem. I'll have to give Kinoma a try.

Thanks for the tips.
    You did get the correct skin, right?
    Originally posted by SWiTCH
    You did get the correct skin, right?
    Yea I installed the skin file MMSkin_Treo600.PDB from http://mmplayer.com/skins.php
    Kinoma is working great!
    I played around a little more with MMPlayer and found that v0.1.0 was giving me the most problems. So I installed v0.2.6 and it works better. I still get some soft reboots now and then though.
    Originally posted by darnell
    Kinoma is working great!
    How are you getting the files to play?

I keep trying to convert my DVD sourced AVI files with Kinoma Producer but when I try to play them I only get audio, no video.
    I got the same when I tried it.
    with kinoma, i tried to convert an mpg file.

it converted, but i had no sound coming out from the speaker.

any tips for kinoma?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    i can't figure how to resize the video with virtualdub.
    Grab this and use it.

http://www.mmplayerjobmaker.tk/

Makes it a breeze. You dont need to know how to do anything in VD to make movies using this small app. It helps, of course, but this app makes it pretty simple.
    what do set for the settings for the treo 600