Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Released yesterday.

Makes something usefull out of the volume buttons. Very impressive. And free. From the same author who gave us TreNavSet.

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilitie...merocker.shtml

"Description:

VolumeRocker is designed to make the Treo 600 more useful in several ways.

First, it lets you use the “volume” buttons as scroll buttons.

Second, it lets you use the volume buttons to imitate the Clie “Jog” and “Back” buttons.

Third is lets the Treo 5-way navigator imitate the Tungsten T 5-way navigator.

Finally, it lets you switch between using the 5-way navigator “normally” and to navigate and tap contols and buttons in programs that don’t use the “navigate” feature. "

He says to disable TNS before using VR, but I find it is better to leave it enabled and disable the Nav toggle in VR, which seems a bit buggy on my T.

Got to love these Treo-specific enhancements.
    Last edited by elysian9; 11/25/2003 at 01:00 PM.
    Dead link...

Theres a dot at the end >_<

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilitie...merocker.shtml
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the fix.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    This app is great, but I don't get one thing.

---
    ---

How does the TTs navigator differ?
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by surge919
    This app is great, but I don't get one thing.

---
    ---

How does the TTs navigator differ?
    They sned different commnads. One is optimized for the TT and the other for the Treo.

From the VR readme.txt:

"II. Tungsten T imitation

You can make the D-pad act like the Tungsten T pad by enabling the “Rocker Posts Tungsten T”. What this actually does, in most applications, is give the Treo two commands each time you tap one of the 5-way buttons—both the native Treo command and the corresponding Tungsten T command. Some programs that don’t recognize the Treo command will respond to the Tungsten T command. There is a potential problem, however. Some programs see both commands and try to act on them. In these programs, you don’t need the Tungsten T commands, since the program recognizes the Treo commands. If you find this happening in an application, go back to VolumeRocker, select the “Tungsten T Exclusions” menu item and exclude the application. By default, Avantgo, Snappermail, City Time and a few others are turned off."
    Cool! Nice find!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    bug:

i downloaded this... in a normal app... it works fine.. i can scroll up and down using volume.. but when i am in the launcher... and i try to scroll down, it doesnt work

also.. what are the back and jog functions? they dont seem to do anything
    Fantastic! Gosh I love these forums!
    Bored? Visit my <a href = "http://www.darrenking.com">website </a>
    If I select the option "Held Center changes Nav" then the 5-way navigator doesn't work anymore in PocketTunes.

What are the Clie 'Jog' and 'Back' functions for? I've never used a Clie. On my Treo 600, they just display "Jog" and "Back" across the screen but nothing else seems to be happening.
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by Mol
    If I select the option "Held Center changes Nav" then the 5-way navigator doesn't work anymore in PocketTunes.

What are the Clie 'Jog' and 'Back' functions for? I've never used a Clie. On my Treo 600, they just display "Jog" and "Back" across the screen but nothing else seems to be happening.
    On a Clie, you can push in the jog dial, as on the 270/300, it's more or less equivalent to "enter." "Back" lets you toggle between the current app and the previous app.

These have minimal functionality on the 600, but it all depends on whther the app is Clie optimized. Most apps we are using are not, but there are a few, e.g., I can use the "Jog" (long press buttom button) in AvantGo and it will select and then "click" on a hyperlink, but it's a bit buggy. "Back" also works well in AvantGo. Toggling between web pages.

This is an intial release of this software, but I think it's amazing that someone has completely transformed the volume buttons. It's worth having it just for the scroll function. Thank you, S. Millman!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I had read the information in the readme about the Tungsten 5-way pad before posting, but I've never used one so how is it different from the Treo 5-way pad?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    <double-post.. can't delete>
    Last edited by surge919; 11/26/2003 at 09:05 AM.
    I now can use the 5-way pad to navigate links in web pro with this! cool!
    would anyone be willing to post a link to a treo-downloadable version of this file?
  15.    #15  
    Originally posted by leadtrumpetdave
    would anyone be willing to post a link to a treo-downloadable version of this file?
    http://www.palmgear.com/software/act.../VolRock11.zip
    Great concept, but needs a bit more work...

The 'held center changes Nav' inteferes with application navigation in Zlauncher, which is a shame. Also the text 'Nav Switch' which appears when using this function corrupts the screen display in the couple of apps where I would otherwise find it most useful.
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
    the problem with the original link is the .zip file type. if someone could link to a .pdb or .prc or whatever that would be great. and/or lead me to a good unzip program (also avail OTA). Thanks
  18.    #18  
    Originally posted by tgabber
    Great concept, but needs a bit more work...

The 'held center changes Nav' inteferes with application navigation in Zlauncher, which is a shame. Also the text 'Nav Switch' which appears when using this function corrupts the screen display in the couple of apps where I would otherwise find it most useful.
    True. Turn off Nav Set and install TreoNavSet 1.0 by the same author. It does the same thing without the bugs. Plus you get a system tone when toggling and no video and no corruptions. Much better.
  19.    #19  
    More than an update. Seems like a new version. You can now navigate left/right/up/down and enter/select. Very configurable. And free. Strongly suggest. IMO should get a gold star at Tre600essentials.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=52728
    Originally posted by elysian9
    More than an update. Seems like a new version. You can now navigate left/right/up/down and enter/select. Very configurable. And free. Strongly suggest. IMO should get a gold star at Tre600essentials.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=52728
    in the changes.doc file, he has a not that there is a problem with pocket tunes. would you happen to know what this problem is?

I did go back and fully test it, but it seemed that the treo would soft reset when I had volume rocker and pocket tunes console running at the same time.

I disabled pocket tunes console.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast