1.    #1  
    what does a T mean at the top of the screen?
    Originally posted by jfscars48
    what does a T mean at the top of the screen?
    You mean the "T" in the top right hand corner of the screen?

It's not a "T", it's your signal indicator. When it's there you have a signal from a tower. The bars tot he right indicate the strength of the signal. Hope that helps.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    It is supposed to look like a telephone power pole???????
    JON
    Originally posted by jhaglund
    It is supposed to look like a telephone power pole???????
    I guess so, never really thought about it!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  5.    #5  
    I have had my 600 for 2 months and last friday was the very first day that I ever had the red "T" that everyone says is a tower symbol. Thanks.
    Originally posted by jfscars48
    I have had my 600 for 2 months and last friday was the very first day that I ever had the red "T" that everyone says is a tower symbol. Thanks.
    Red?? mine is black
    Were the helecopters BLACK?
    Hitting 'Em Hard, Long and Straight
    Originally posted by Architect
    Were the helecopters BLACK?
    Gotcha!
    On my Orange UK GSM Treo I get a red T on the top line of the phone display by enabling the debug 'TTY' mode with the code #*889 (a display pops up to say 'TTY mode enabled'). Don't know what this mode is or what the equivalent CDMA code is if any.

A second entry of #*889 toggles the mode off again and the red T disappears...

so that's clear then...
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
    I have a Sprint T600. Today for the first time I noticed, I think, after I turned the "radio" on, and right after the SPCS welcome screen, a red T at the top of the screen. Disappeared very quickly and did not see it again. I will keep an eye out for this in the future.
    Originally posted by dougef
    I have a Sprint T600. Today for the first time I noticed, I think, after I turned the "radio" on, and right after the SPCS welcome screen, a red T at the top of the screen. Disappeared very quickly and did not see it again. I will keep an eye out for this in the future.
    It's definitely not the tower symbol. I only see it when it's searching for a signal...once it finds it it goes away.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Funny that we all saw it today for the first time on our T600 Sprint models. How many of those that see it now on their Sprint T600 are running the new logos?

i know i am.....any corralation between the two?
    THis is what I posted in the Carrier Hack thread this afternoon.

What is the red "T" for? I Have noticed that when I activate or de-activae the the wireless, that after it searchs for the Sprint Network, you can sometimes see a red "t" at the top of the phone app (to the left) right after it connects. I never noticed this untill now. I bet the pop up that says "network search,welcome to sprint" is in palce of somehting else and that is what the red "T" is for.

Cycle the wirelss off and on and then look at the top of the screen right after the Sprint popup box goes away and you should see a red "T" sometimes it's just a flash, you ahve to look close.

Anyone else see this?

People with UNBRANDED T600's. what do you see when wireless is tunred on? you get the welcone screen, correct? Does it stay on that screen untill you connect, or is there a pop up too? Do you see a red "T"?

Thanks, matt
    All you have to do is go to Phone preferences and turn on TTY/TDD Mode to see the "T". It will stay on the screen until you turn TTY/TDD off again.
    Originally posted by cferd
    All you have to do is go to Phone preferences and turn on TTY/TDD Mode to see the "T". It will stay on the screen until you turn TTY/TDD off again.
    That's it!
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  16.    #16  
    I just turned of the TTY/TTD and the T went away as mentioned. What is TTY/TTD anyway? What do I lose when I turn it off?
    TTY/TTD is a mode for connecting a typing device for those with hearing disabilities. Further information can be found at the link included:

http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...olutionId=9402