Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey everyone...my Vaja case left the facory yesterday and FedEx says it will be here tomorrow!

I wish I could remember what colors I chose!!

<CENTER>
    <strong>
    <span style="color: blue;">Where's the "Make Coffee" button again?</span>
    </strong>
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    great, can you please post some good pictures?

thanks
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by omoanya
    great, can you please post some good pictures?

thanks
    As soon as it gets here, of course!

I looked up my order...I think I ordered a black case with the white beach floater insert....YIPPY!
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    </strong>
    I looked at the site, and could not figure out how to indicate the second color and which color I wanted for the back and which for the insert???? How did you do it? I thought I'd call them, and then I realized they had different cases for the CDMA and GSM and I have a CDMA T600 now, but am giving it to my stepdaughter as soon as my Cingular T600 shows up - so she can buy her own case!

Please advise
    Hitting 'Em Hard, Long and Straight
  5.    #5  
    They have two or three different choices all for just Sprint. You just have to click around a bit to find them!

Good Luck!
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    </strong>
    I've had mine on order for several weeks but haven't received a delivery notification. When did you order yours?

How did they let you know it was being shipped?

Thanks,

Mack
    Originally posted by yosemitesamiam

As soon as it gets here, of course!

I looked up my order...I think I ordered a black case with the white beach floater insert....YIPPY!
    If you'd be interested in writing a formal review, I'd love to post it over at Treo 600 Essentials.

Best,
    Derek.
    I received my case yesterday and promptly pulled my Treo 600 from the Handspring case and slipped it in the Vaja. This my forth case from Vaja for the various PDAs that I have had in the past. Their quality has always exceptional.
    The Treo fits nicely in the case. The cutouts for the keypad and the screen line up well with the unit. The old case that I had came with a soft clear vinyl window that covered the keypad and screen. It worked great in covering the screen from damage but I always felt it hurt the clarity of the screen. In fact when I was home I would remove it from the case to use it. So the Vaja case with the keypad and screen completely exposed seemed to be the right direction. Minor problem - Although the unit fits snugly in the case it still slips a little causing a misalignment with the cutouts. I have to push the unit back into the case every time I open to use it. A pain that is aggravated by the SD cards tendency to pop out when you push on it. Another slight problem is the band that separates the two cutouts gets in the way when operating the 5 way navigation button.
    The button snap that latches the front cover flap loops underneath and attaches to the bottom back of the case and makes it a little cumbersome to use. It would be great if the cover flap just had a magnetic catch or something. Although I admit there is nothing there to attach the clasp to unless you built something special on the sides of the case.
    Minor problems but no real show stoppers until I started getting phone calls.
    MAJOR PROBLEM – For some reason which I have not figured out yet, The Treo automatically answers the call without even a first ring. Something in the case is causing this to happen and it is definitely the case. I have written an email to Vaja and I will relay their answer when I get it. So for now the old case is back in use.
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by alanfujii
    I received my case yesterday and promptly pulled my Treo 600 from the Handspring case and slipped it in the Vaja. This my forth case from Vaja for the various PDAs that I have had in the past. Their quality has always exceptional.
    The Treo fits nicely in the case. The cutouts for the keypad and the screen line up well with the unit. The old case that I had came with a soft clear vinyl window that covered the keypad and screen. It worked great in covering the screen from damage but I always felt it hurt the clarity of the screen. In fact when I was home I would remove it from the case to use it. So the Vaja case with the keypad and screen completely exposed seemed to be the right direction. Minor problem - Although the unit fits snugly in the case it still slips a little causing a misalignment with the cutouts. I have to push the unit back into the case every time I open to use it. A pain that is aggravated by the SD cards tendency to pop out when you push on it. Another slight problem is the band that separates the two cutouts gets in the way when operating the 5 way navigation button.
    The button snap that latches the front cover flap loops underneath and attaches to the bottom back of the case and makes it a little cumbersome to use. It would be great if the cover flap just had a magnetic catch or something. Although I admit there is nothing there to attach the clasp to unless you built something special on the sides of the case.
    Minor problems but no real show stoppers until I started getting phone calls.
    MAJOR PROBLEM – For some reason which I have not figured out yet, The Treo automatically answers the call without even a first ring. Something in the case is causing this to happen and it is definitely the case. I have written an email to Vaja and I will relay their answer when I get it. So for now the old case is back in use.
    You need to disable your screen on phone answering. There is a mode which allows for you to answer calls using the very center button in the middle of the 4 way controller.

Look it up in the owners manual.
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    </strong>
    I went to the Treo 600 manual and followed the instructions on disabling the screen. I also manually turn of Keyguard. There is still a problem. I further experimented to see what is actually causing the problem. I put spacers between the flap and the unit to make sure it wasn’t hitting the screen of the 5 way navigation button. Still a problem. I finally located the problem by keeping the space bar button depressed while I called myself. Sure enough it answers automatically and this is even with the keyguard on. Unless I am missing something, Vaja has a problem.
    I did get a reply from Vaja and they have indicated that they have not heard from anyone having the problem that I have. I suspect that they will start getting feedback as more people get their cases.
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by alanfujii
    I went to the Treo 600 manual and followed the instructions on disabling the screen. I also manually turn of Keyguard. There is still a problem. I further experimented to see what is actually causing the problem. I put spacers between the flap and the unit to make sure it wasn’t hitting the screen of the 5 way navigation button. Still a problem. I finally located the problem by keeping the space bar button depressed while I called myself. Sure enough it answers automatically and this is even with the keyguard on. Unless I am missing something, Vaja has a problem.
    I did get a reply from Vaja and they have indicated that they have not heard from anyone having the problem that I have. I suspect that they will start getting feedback as more people get their cases.
    I'll be damned mine does that crap now too!!!! Yikes!
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    </strong>

I'll be damned mine does that crap now too!!!! Yikes!
    That is not a problem with the case. It is the phone. I got an email from Handspring saying that the engineers did it intentionally. In their eyes it is a feature. I have had 4 different cases and when pulling the phone out if the space bar is depressed it answers. One time I was on my office phone and I heard a voice saying "hello hello?". It turned out that my 600 in my case on my belt had been answered by me shifting position in my chair! Some feature
  13.    #13  
    yeah, some feature is right...we need a hack and need it fast! how do you disable the space bar answering mechanism?
    yosemitesamiam, would you mind changing your picture? The truck is nice, but if I get on a thread with you on it, my treo takes forever to download that picture multiple times. I don't know if it is big or what, it is the only pic that takes forever... I don't want to bother you about it, just thought I would ask.
    <c>Searching for happiness. 33 pdas later I find the GSM Treo 600. Now Ebayers love my pdas. I love my Treo...
  15.    #15  
    Originally posted by smharmon
    yosemitesamiam, would you mind changing your picture? The truck is nice, but if I get on a thread with you on it, my treo takes forever to download that picture multiple times. I don't know if it is big or what, it is the only pic that takes forever... I don't want to bother you about it, just thought I would ask.
    ??? My Treo doesn't download it at all on this website. Are you using the normal site, or the mobile one?

Interesting as I don't have that problem. It is just a 28k avitar!
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    </strong>
    I have checked out the Covertec cases and they look pretty cool, especially the SX48. They have three colors, black, red, and brown. This may be a viable option given the fact that it's also only $29.99, much less than the Vaja case. Well, if anyone has this case and is currently using it, let me know how you like or dislike it. Thanks.

Snoop
    Work hard...play hard!
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

??? My Treo doesn't download it at all on this website. Are you using the normal site, or the mobile one?

Interesting as I don't have that problem. It is just a 28k avitar!
    Yosemitesamiam!
    I hope that you won't remove the avitar. Best looking truck on TreoCentral!

"That thing gotta Hemi"???
  18.    #18  
    Originally posted by Burrzoo

Yosemitesamiam!
    I hope that you won't remove the avitar. Best looking truck on TreoCentral!

"That thing gotta Hemi"???
    HAHA! Oh man...that is so funny! No it isn't a hemi..it is actally bigger! 5.9L 360 cubic inch motor...250 HP and 335 torque...loves tires!
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    </strong>
    Hmm, I use the mobile site, maybe I can just change some of the settings. It sits there and downloads forever, then the pic pops up... but if those engine specs are real (I am sure they are), then I'll deal with the pic loading, and wish I was driving it!
    <c>Searching for happiness. 33 pdas later I find the GSM Treo 600. Now Ebayers love my pdas. I love my Treo...
  20.    #20  
    Originally posted by smharmon
    Hmm, I use the mobile site, maybe I can just change some of the settings. It sits there and downloads forever, then the pic pops up... but if those engine specs are real (I am sure they are), then I'll deal with the pic loading, and wish I was driving it!
    It is correct! I ran the quarter mile a year ago when it was bone stock. Pulled a 14.6 second quarter at 94.6 MPH! If I'm not careful driving her (or just in a hurry) I can get the back tires to break loose while traveling at 40 MPH just by manually downshifting and stomping the gas.

It really is an exciting ride!
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    </strong>
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast