Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by The-Edge

That is not a problem with the case. It is the phone. I got an email from Handspring saying that the engineers did it intentionally. In their eyes it is a feature. I have had 4 different cases and when pulling the phone out if the space bar is depressed it answers. One time I was on my office phone and I heard a voice saying "hello hello?". It turned out that my 600 in my case on my belt had been answered by me shifting position in my chair! Some feature
    Just got my Covertec case and now I have the same problem. Has anyone come up with a solution to this?

I can't believe Handspring allowed spacebar to bypass the Keyprotect feature.
    Which covertec case are you using?
    I've got their Cell case and don't have a prob with it.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    Which covertec case are you using?
    I've got their Cell case and don't have a prob with it.
    I have a Treo 600 Horizontal Case.

The other case doesn't put any pressure on the keypad so I'd imaging you wouldn't have this problem.

The problem isn't with the case; it's a design flaw in the Treo. The manual clearly states that Keyguard locks ALL keys. This isn't true. Spacebar will answer an incoming call if it's depressed despite the state of Keyguard.
    Yep, been reading all about your guys' issues and it hasn't been a factor for me.
    So what your saying is the horizontal case puts pressure on the keypad? All of the horizontal cases seem to be pretty annoying to me, especially just trying to take the treo in and out of it! I used the horizontal case that came from HS with my 600 and used it for about 3 minutes, than tossed it in the box. I'm done!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I have the Horizontal case from Handspring and I have no problems with the "space bar answering". I even use it on my long runs while listening to music. When I get a call, I just simply take it out and PRESS the space bar to answer. Don't blame Handspring for your wrong choice of cases!
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Millerhi, how is your Covertec Treo 600 case? Is it this cell case here: http://www.mobileplanet.com/private/...sp?unit=H.T600

I was thinking about getting that. How is the leather and the clip? Is the clip detachable - like the way the vajas are? Also, is there a plastic screen covering the screen and keyboard? or is it open? Thanks.
    The case is well made and the fit is real good. It's nice and tight. There is plastic that covers the whole front keyboard and screen. It's tough to touch the screen with the stylus as the plastic layes probably a good 3/8th of an inch (if not more) above the screen and does not "give" much. I don't need to touch the screen very often so it hasn't been much of an issue for me.
    The clip is detachable like the vaja but I really like the "wips system" belt clip that it uses, it's very smooth and easy to remove the treo from the clip (once you get use to it). It has a low profile while on your belt.
    Check out the following thread for pics:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...=covertec.html
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12