1.    #1  
    OK. I'm tired of waiting. Live in a non cingular area and want to use my upgrade serial number. What is ther process to order. If I put in my zip code it recognizes I am not in a cingular area and can't proceed.
    You are one day too late.

The way you would of done it, is to call Handspring sales. Order it from them.
  3.    #3  
    Am I too late because of the upgrade period ?
    The cingular upgrade pricing was only until November 24th. Yesterday. If you didn't order it by then, you can't get that price. You'll have to pay the regular price now or wait for T-Mobile. Your other option is to buy an AT&T one since they have the upgrade price until December 15th, but they are locked as far as I know so you wouldn't be able to use them on any other service.
  5.    #5  
    I guess I was happy to just wait for T-Mobile until I heard they are locked. But I may have to go with that anyway. It just is a long wait since the product announced.
    Yes, it's a very long wait. I'll be waiting right there with you

Some people have stated that if you are a T-Mo customer in good standing that you can ask them for the unlock code for your phone. I called a rep yesterday to confirm this, she said that yes as well. However, I think it's a case of the "different answer from different people" problem... some people have gotten an answer of 90 days before T-Mo will do it, some not until the end of your contract. So we'll see.
    I just called HS and ordered a Cingular T600 at the $399 upgrade price. They are still taking orders today on this deal (Tues 25th) and quoted 2-3 weeks delivery
    JAA
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih
    You are one day too late.

The way you would of done it, is to call Handspring sales. Order it from them.
    Aren't all Cingular Treosgoing to be unlocked, or does one have to call and specify that they want it unlocked?
    I ordered the upgrade Cingular Treo for TMO through the website,
    I wonder if mine is going to be locked to Cingular......
    If someone knows, please respond.
    Thanks.
    According to Handspring Sales, all Cingular phones are fully unlocked. The ATT phones are fully LOCKED. So you are OK
    JAA
    Originally posted by jaa6921
    According to Handspring Sales, all Cingular phones are fully unlocked. The ATT phones are fully LOCKED. So you are OK
    Ooof Load off my mind.
    Thanks,
    K.
    Yeah sorry, we were discussing the T-Mobile Treos... which ARE locked. The Cingular ones aren't, that's why many T-Mobile users just went ahead and bought those and are using them with their T-Mobile SIMs. Didn't mean to confuse you
    That will suck if T-Mobile does not let you unlock the Treo 600. That will be enough for me to "rollover" to Cingular.
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    The latest Money magazine ad has a glossy, extra stiff (so as to be easily flipped to) Handspring Treo 600 ad. The ad lists the carriers as ATT, Cingular, Sprint and TMobile--in that order. It's just alphabetical, so nothing can be inferred from carrier order.
    But at least Tmobile is listed without any disclaimer. When, oh when will TMobile's version be available? And if TMo has no plans to stock it, why not let HS start selling it now? How long can this "software" bull$hit take?
    Originally posted by RayUSA
    That will suck if T-Mobile does not let you unlock the Treo 600. That will be enough for me to "rollover" to Cingular.
    I'd be way more inclined to be stuck with a locked T-Mobile phone than to pay Cingular's totally outrageous data prices.
    yeah, true Jennyfur... can't touch T-Mobile's data prices.

Someone mentioned in another post that T-Mobile is pretty good about unlocking their phones if you ask them, no hassles or extra fees. This will be great if it's true!

For all those T-Mobile people who couldn't wait and ordered the Cingular version, what do you plan to do if the official T-Mobile version DOES have a lot of tweaked extras on it? eBay? It would seem that there MUST be something extra included, or else T-Mobile would have approved the current version already. At least, I would hope there's something extra to justify this awful wait!
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    Not trying to be negative here...

Here is a wild stab at what happend with Tmobile and treo 600. I have personally replaced 3 270's myself, and need to have them replaced again. This is all since march 03 when I bought them. I think that Tmobile didn't even make money off of the 270's, and even lost money.

If I were tmobile I would of considered not even selling treo 600. From rumors on this board it seems they decided to support them but no sell them directly and making HS support them instead.

This translates to me as: We want to be a leading edge carrier so we must support converged devices, but we will do it at a minimal risk.

I don't blame them. Like many of you though, I am waiting for the Tmobile phones as well and hope they are released asap.