1.    #1  
    I was just wondering if it was just my unit, or if everyone here who accesses contacts on the Sim Card find that it is very s-l-o-w in calling up names/numbers. I mean, not just the first time, but every time . I have about 240 names/numbers stored and it takes at least 30 seconds for the list to be rendered after requesting for it. Once you change screens, and want to go back, you have to wait another 30 seconds. I realize the contacts book is faster, but sometimes I don't have newly added SIM contacts in my Treo 600 contacts book. I try to have all my contacts on the SIM card so if I decide to use it in another phone, I have the number handy.

Anyone know if this is normal, or if there is any way to speed up the process?
    shf
    it happens to me too and i think it is due to the fact that it reads all the contacts in the sim card every time you select 'sim book'.

there is only one difference: with my t600 i have to wait my 15-20 secs only at the beginning and there is no other waiting time in scrolling the names / changing screens.
    maybe because my sim card only has 120 contacts in it?
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by giuppi
    it happens to me too and i think it is due to the fact that it reads all the contacts in the sim card every time you select 'sim book'.

there is only one difference: with my t600 i have to wait my 15-20 secs only at the beginning and there is no other waiting time in scrolling the names / changing screens.
    maybe because my sim card only has 120 contacts in it?
    Actually, scrolling is fine if I stay in the sim book function, but once I switch to phone or some other Treo function, and try to go back to the SIM book, I have to wait again for the list to populate the screen all over again. I timed it, the last time was 35 seconds. Not good at all. To bad, there should be some kind of cache for this info.

I also can't believe that you cannot edit a name and/or number. You have to delete and/or add. Pretty stupid if you ask me. I guess they assume you will use your contact address book for most of your calling.
    shf