1.    #1  
    I finally fixed the distortion and buzz I'd get out of my back speaker whenever playing ringtones, MP3s, or using speakerphone at high volume. What I had to do was take a small refrigerator magnet, I used a circular one a little smaller than the tag with the IMEI number on it. What I did was place the magnet's opposite pole to that spot and secured it in with some tape. The buzzing and distortion have stopped! If you take the magnet and just bring it close to that section of the phone the distortion will stop as well. Since it will be in a vaja case soon it won't be an eye-sore so it's no big deal. This is just a tip for all those that have been having this issue. For the record I have an international GSM version.
    Originally posted by nytcrawlr
    What I did was place the magnet's opposite pole to that spot and secured it in with some tape. The buzzing and distortion have stopped! If you take the magnet and just bring it close to that section of the phone the distortion will stop as well. Since it will be in a vaja case soon it won't be an eye-sore so it's no big deal.
    This rivals "just put tape over the SD card so it won't come out accidentally" as the most pathetic thing that people have had to do to overcome product defects.

Does anyone else see how rediculous this is? It's like buying a Mercedes and having to duct tape the radio dials so they don't fall off..."THERE! that's the solution!"
    Originally posted by tDot

This rivals "just put tape over the SD card so it won't come out accidentally" as the most pathetic thing that people have had to do to overcome product defects.

Does anyone else see how rediculous this is? It's like buying a Mercedes and having to duct tape the radio dials so they don't fall off..."THERE! that's the solution!"
    I completely agree.
  4.    #4  
    Being thats the only problem with my phone, and I don't really feel like sending it back overseas for repair, IF that's something they would repair and not just bad design (as I've read in these forums) it works just fine for me.
    Clever solution, nytcrawlr -- love it when people create solutions instead of idiots who simply complain, then criticize when someone offers a fix.

Hopefully Palm is working on a design fix for this. But in the meantime, time to find a little magnet!
    uuuuuhhhhh or dont take crap from a phone that cost 600 bucks and send it back.
    you call them say, my phone is broke, you get a new one in a few days and you send your broken one back, thats a solution