1.    #1  
    Hello gang!!! i was wondering when will the t-600 under t-mobile be release in treocentral or HS? I have read a lot of messages saying this week or push back to middle of december?? would be t mobile be any difference than cingular?? let me know!! thanks!
    the Cingular treo is unlocked so you can use a SIM from any carrier. the T-mobile one will be locked. The release date is rumored to be December sometime last I heard...
    I agree, just buy the Cingular version. I waited way too long for the TMo version. Their CSRs kept giving inconsistent answers so I just gave up.
    From what others have said, the only "Cingularized" thing about the phone is the splash logo. I sounds like folks have already found a way to hack the logo.
    Btw, my GSM arrives today.
    Although if you wanted the upgrade pricing for Cingular, you're already too late. That deal ended on Nov. 24th
    Does the TMO lock apply if I'm in another country? I mean, can I use a SIM from another country (non-US GSM carrier) on the phone?
    If you are a TMO customer in good standing, they will tell you how to un-lock it.
    Originally posted by winebrat
    I agree, just buy the Cingular version. I waited way too long for the TMo version. Their CSRs kept giving inconsistent answers so I just gave up.
    From what others have said, the only "Cingularized" thing about the phone is the splash logo. I sounds like folks have already found a way to hack the logo.
    Btw, my GSM arrives today.
    ...the folks at Handspring claim that the Cingular version may have slightly slower data transfer rates on T-Mobile's service since it's not "optimized" (whatever that means) for that network. Isn't there any truth to this? Or is it a bunch of hooey?
    Until someone actually gets a T-Mobile Treo 600 there is no way to know for sure. However, I'm using a Cingular Treo 600 on T-Mobile and it runs the same speed as an unbranded Treo 600 and they both are much faster than a T-Mobile Treo 270.

My guess is that it's just CYA. The only difference I expect from the T-Mobile version is that it will have buggy T-Mobile software on it. The reason I say that is because I had a T-Mobile PPC Phone Edition and when the T-Mobile software on it was enabled it locked up and crashed all the time. When the T-Mobile software was disabled, it was almost stable.

Originally posted by Treo_addict

...the folks at Handspring claim that the Cingular version may have slightly slower data transfer rates on T-Mobile's service since it's not "optimized" (whatever that means) for that network. Isn't there any truth to this? Or is it a bunch of hooey?