Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks everyone,
    Yes it is working now. I was looking at the old messages which were scrambled already one arrived. When I sent new ones from other phone, it is fine. When I send sms with Chinese characters, it arrives OK at my wife's phone.
    No problem.

Reagarding Messege center phone number,
    For Unicom is +8613010911500
    For Chinamobile is +8613800433500
    at least in here Jilin Province.

Now my question is how do I do MMS?

^^
  2. viturin
    I try to figure out the same thing... not successful yet though.

What I know:
    1) you have to activate GPRS 1st.
    2) you have to go to a web page to activate MMS for your phone (I only know for China TELEKOM):
    a) www. monternet.com and select
    b) or www.jsmcc.com and also select

and register with your phone and password...

But I don't know more details. To get info from ChinaTelekom, call (area code)-1860 and ask. But they are not all informed best...

--Viturin
    1. *HOW* to input Chinese in CJKOS ? it there is no "abc" nor "123" tab to initiate the chinese input.
    2. does anyone has any experience using pen-input softare for Chinese input along with CJKOS?

3. WHERE to get that update? what website?

Thanks
  4. viturin
    You start the Chinese Input by hitting the BLUE Key AND Space Key at the same time.

I think there is no Chinese pen-input for the TREO yet.

The update can be found in this forum some place. Just search for update or 2.08. But be sure not to install the update 2.09, only 2.08. Read all messages in this thread and other threads.

Good luck,

--Viturin
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Can someone direct me, where to find the STEPS of installing the FW2.08? I have downloaded a copy.

Thanks!
    Palm III -> Revo -> Palm V -> Clie 760 -> Clie T650C -> SE P800 -> Treo 600 -> Clie UX50 -> The Dark Side -> Treo 650 -> Nokia E61 -> Treo 680
    My friend use penpower on his Zire71. I will try to see if that thing works or not.

As for steps to install the update:
    1. back up you material by perform a sync
    2. install the PRC file to your SD CARD (not the palm)
    3. perform a HARD RESET
    4. execute the D.C. file.

remember, during the whole time, you suppose to plug into a power source.

that's it.
    HI all

Does anyone know the newest firmware update (GSM Outside North America / Other Carriers) effect the ability of recieving Chinese SMS or not?

Thanks
    Same here I use CHOS and I can receive chinese SMS but sending SMS in chinese result in courrupted characters on the receiver's HP.
    [Mid 1990's] Casio SF-7500 > Casio SF-9500 > Casio Planeo NX-6000 - Motorola 5200 > [1998] Palmpilot Pro - Ericsson GH388 > Palm Pilot Pro (2 MB) - Nokia 3210 > Palmpilot Pro (8 MB) - Ericsson GF788e > [1999] Handspring Visor Deluxe - Ericsson GF788e > [2001] Palm IIIC - Motorola V3688 - Nokia 8210 > [2002] Palm 505 - Motorola Timeport P7689 > [2004] Treo 600> [2005]Treo 600-Dell X50v[2006]Treo 650-Atom Pure
    Quote Originally Posted by kngharv
    HI all

Does anyone know the newest firmware update (GSM Outside North America / Other Carriers) effect the ability of recieving Chinese SMS or not?

Thanks
    the latest firmware as 3.05 ROW?

I only have 2.12 INT so I cannot tell if the newest firmware update would effect the send / receive chinese sms thou.

i have the CJKOS 4.6.1

Do you know where I can get the latest updated version of CJKOS?
  10. viturin
    Quote Originally Posted by kngharv
    HI all

Thanks
    I use firmware 3.04 and have no problems. Which Firmware version are you referring to?

Suggestion: Do not upgrade to a higher firmware version unless u really need it. If it runs stable, don't mess up your system with new software and maybe trade the it in for instability...

--Viturin
    Firmware 3.05 + CKJOS V4.61

Works well for me in Hong Kong with HKCSL provider.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12