1.    #1  
    To make the switch, I backed up my 300 and did a restore to my new 600.

Apparently some junk code came along because now I can't add or delete any apps, and clicking on some apps immediately soft-resets the 600.

So I bit the bullet, did a hard reset, and tried to transfer over just the Address and
    Date data, with the thought that I will have to add in apps one at a time until the culprit shows up and can be cut.

But for some doggone reason, even though I set Backup to do nothing, Hot
    Sync insists on going ahead with a full restore from backup when I don't ask or want it to. 3 times now I've done a hard reset and each time Hot Sync plunks everything back when all I am trying to do is put my addresses and dates in for starters.

What am I doing wrong? Will I have to go back to Palm School?

Please advise!

Regards,

NateS
    Did you install the new desktop software that came with your 600? Your description didn't say so, and if not, that could be the problem.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by gusher1
    Did you install the new desktop software that came with your 600? Your description didn't say so, and if not, that could be the problem.
    Yes, I did that first. Sorry I forgot to mention it.

Any other ideas?

Any notion why HotSync keeps doing a full restore when I am telling the Backup conduit to Do Nothing?

NateS
    In the fine print of the HS info on doing an upgrade, they suggest copying your Backup file to another location and renaming it (for safety) and then purging the original Backup file befoe installing/upgrading your T600. I too have noticed that some apps/files do not respect the Conduit setting to Do Nothing for Backup on HotSync.
    I found the same problem when I attempted to convert.. so it is not you. What got me past the problem is deleting all of the backup and arhive information form the handspring dir. Then reinstalled by software that synced with outlook.. etc and got my data back .. The Treo 600 os is very sensitive .. I installed a bluetooth card software before I knew it would not work.. I had to do the same thing all over again.
    System is the name of the conduit that transfers all the data to the backup folder. You may also have Backup Buddy conduit installed and this will restore all your data too if it is active.

The best and surest way to prevent your data going across to the new device is to move the contents of the backup folder rather than messing with conduits. Then install files from the moved backup folder that you know you want on your 600. Its clean and it works.