1.    #1  
    I had one of the first TREO 300s and suffered through its flaws and defective flip feature. Therefore, I was excited to get my new TREO 600 about six weeks ago.

I found very few problems with the TREO 600 --- that is until this weekend when I found that the LCD screen appears to have cracked just above the navigation button. As a result, two-thirds of my screen turned blue and yellow. The local Sprint store accused me of "abusing" the phone and refused to replace and/or repair the phone claiming that the LCD screen is not covered under the warranty. They say that LCD screens don't break without being abused....what a bunch of B.S.

Needless to say, Handspring has been just about as uncooperative as Sprint.

I am very frustrated with both Sprint and Handspring's service especially considering I spent more than a thousand dollars on TREO phones and accessories during the past year. Maybe it's just me, but I expect a six hundred dollar phone to last more than a few weeks.

I know they are new, but has anyone else had similar problems with the TREO 600 LCD screens?

Your thoughts, confirmations and recommendations are appreciated.
    Originally posted by TWSPGH
    They say that LCD screens don't break without being abused....what a bunch of B.S.
    I would have to agree that LCD's don't usually crack unless it's been dropped or abused. Did you have any insurance through Sprint?

P800->Treo 600->P900->XDA II->P900->MPx->Treo 600->iPaq 6315->MDA III->i-Mate PDA2k->o2 XDA IIs & o2 XDA II Mini
  3.    #3  
    The phone never touched the ground and is only six weeks old. It worked when I plugged it in at night to charge, but was all messed up when I picked it up in the morning. There is not a mark on the outside of the phone including the glass over the LCD display.

As for insurance, because I bought my phone from Handspring, not Sprint, and my service was transferred from my TREO 300 to the TREO 600 I was never offered the insurance coverage. I have two other friends who bought the TREO 600 after I got mine, both from Sprint stores, and they were never informed about the insurance coverage either.
    ... There is not a mark on the outside of the phone including the glass over the LCD display.
    No broken glass = no abuse, at least in my book! Give them hell.

...As for insurance, because I bought my phone from Handspring, not Sprint, and my service was transferred from my TREO 300 to the TREO 600 I was never offered the insurance coverage. I have two other friends who bought the TREO 600 after I got mine, both from Sprint stores, and they were never informed about the insurance coverage either.
    Add the insurance to your Sprint plan (4$). Wait 30 days (minimum i think) and submit a claim for a new 600.

Good Luck!
    Originally posted by baguion

Add the insurance to your Sprint plan (4$). Wait 30 days (minimum i think) and submit a claim for a new 600.

Good Luck!
    yea what he said. You'll have to stare at the screen until Christmas and pay a $35 deductible but if neither Sprint nor Handspring will follow thru then it's almost your only option. Try taking it to a decent Sprint store and see what they say.

I hate to say it but this sounds like the Tungsten C scenario where screens started randomly cracking, esp. if it becomes more widespread.

http://discussion.brighthand.com/pal...threadid=47398

http://discussion.brighthand.com/pal...der=descending
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    If he didn't sit on it (in the back pocket), maybe heat related? There have been a number of posts talking about how hot certain 600s get.