1.    #1  
    Since I recieved my GSM 600 last wed, I have charged it many times (always put it on the charger when I am at my office). I have noticed it charges pretty fast, but that it sits at 99% for a LONG TIME. It eventually gets to 100% and the led turns green.

It seems to take the same ammount of time to charge from 80% to 99% as it takes from 99% to 100%. Anyone else seen this?
    mine never gets to 100%. i leave it all night and it only gets to 96-99%.

on top of that, i get horrible life. yesterday, i used the phone 10 minutes, chatted for 10 minutes and my battery was at 60% at the end of the day. i may be sending mine back.
    Originally posted by webslappy

on top of that, i get horrible life. yesterday, i used the phone 10 minutes, chatted for 10 minutes and my battery was at 60% at the end of the day. i may be sending mine back.
    Whoa. Yeah, you need to send that puppy back. Mine, through almost constant use throughout the day, never drops below 75%.
    It is a common characteristic of these kinds of batteries to charge faster while they are almost empty, then to charge more slowly once they reach full.

In the first phase they use constant charging, then as they approach full, they cycle charge/no charge, so not as to damage the battery.

Sorry for this crappy explanation, but I'm sure some engineers out there could give you more complete reasoning.
    Originally posted by Ksilebo

Whoa. Yeah, you need to send that puppy back. Mine, through almost constant use throughout the day, never drops below 75%.
    Agreed. Somethings wrong. I made a few calls...used a lot of data, and generally was working with it off and on all day...and it' still at 85% at 6pm from being fully charged this morning at 9am.
    well thanks for confirmią
  7. AJB
    Originally posted by webslappy

Before you send it back, you can try resetting the recharge circuitry.

See What is an 'in-cradle reset' and how can it help me to recharge my rechargeable Handspring handheld? at Handspring's support site.

AJB
    Q: How do you make God laugh?
    A: Tell Him your plans :-)